Where to guitar shop in LA? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Where to guitar shop in LA?

Greetings from Victoria, BC Canada!
I don't know if this is the proper place to post this question (I'm a noob...) but I'm going on a road trip to LA for a buddy's wedding and would like advice on the location of the best guitar stores in the area (or California in general). I am generally interested in the higher end stuff (we have plenty of chinese, indonesian, and korean crap up here in the great white north).
I know you jemsiters can help me. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 05:03 PM

Re: Where to guitar shop in LA?

I'd say go to the Carvin store in Hollywood!

Alwin

Last edited by Myst and rain; 02-15-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Typo (I's say...).
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 12:58 AM

Reviews: 12

as Myst said, the carvin store on Sunset Blvd is sweet. Actually, that whole block has GC, SA (much more MIJ Ibby's), and the Mesa Boogie store.... you could make a day out of the whole thing

Reg
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. Don't think I'll have any trouble findin' Sunset Blvd.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM

I don't know anything about LA guitar shops, I just wanted to say, greetings from Port Angeles, Washington!

(Can you see me waving hello?)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkleg View Post
Thanks, guys. Don't think I'll have any trouble findin' Sunset Blvd.
No, but since it's miles long, you may have trouble finding the right block. You need Sunset and Gardner in West Hollywood.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikey Mikey View Post
I don't know anything about LA guitar shops, I just wanted to say, greetings from Port Angeles, Washington!

(Can you see me waving hello?)

Mikey- If I stand on the edge of Clover Point (Victoria) I can see Port Angeles. Get this- I can't use my cellphone because it automatically connects to one of the american networks and charges me long distance and roaming FOR A LOCAL CALL! Cellphone service in Canada is the ****s. Your networks are so much more powerful they override the ones in our country.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I'm done ranting now...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkleg View Post
. . .
Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I'm done ranting now...
You might think it would suck worse to live in Port Angeles, ha ha! Like just about everybody else who has visited, I love Victoria.

Anyway, yeah, that would drive me crazy. You would think that by the freakin' twentieth century, we could figure out how to charge a Canadian customer Canadian prices for phone calls made in Victoria and roaming prices for calls made outside Canada.

Again, don't know about LA, but if you make it to Seattle, Emerald City Guitars in Pioneer Square has lots of cool vintage guitars and obscure you've-never-seen-this-before stuff. Bass Northwest is just a few bolcks away and they have really high-end basses (no guitars, though).

Good luck & peace!

Tags
guitar shop , mesa boogie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode