Where is the nicest place in the world? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Question Where is the nicest place in the world?

The title says it all...

(bare with me, this isn't all doom and gloom)

I'm havin' a bad time of it at the moment, recently stuff goes good and then stuff just get depressingly bad and I'm at the point where I'm likely to pack my bags and just get on a plane somewhere. It won't be long before I've got all my PC engineer exams done and I'm really thinking I want to leave the country because I'm down right ashamed of it at the moment (don't turn this into a pro/anti Britain slanging match, if politics gets brought in the thread will be closed and I really want people's opinion on this. I'm deadly serious, what goes in this thread could change where I'm living soon.)

So where is this nicest place?

I had the privilege of visiting Vancouver in Canada quite a few years back, and the people were so polite, the streets were clean, even the AIR felt cleaner than over here. Anyone from over there able to tell me if I'm looking back with rose-tinted glasses?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 07:38 AM

Re: Where is the nicest place in the world?

Dudley is the nicest place on earth. Although with the hangover im nursing, everywhere is a living hell.
post #3 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 07:52 AM

Bro, absolutely, unequivocally, Japan. Now this is my opinion, but if you like Asian women, Asian food, it is a slice of heaven. The closer to Tokyo the better, there is ALWAYS something to do. If you speak the language that helps, but you can learn rather quickly by immersion. Most speak some English. If you have a degree in ANYTHING you can make a fair living by teaching English. Nicest, most polite people on the face of the Earth. I am seriously considering retiring there.
post #4 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

I thought about Japan, you know. Their customs seem to be much more polite than us Westerners. It's kinda the technology mecca of the world too which could be good for a computer engineer.

Plus I'll be taller than everyone
post #5 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 07:55 AM

I'm telling ya Davey, if you are even CONSIDERING it, go there for a month, you will never leave! My first tour there was 1 year, I kept extending until after 3 1/2 years they had to drag me away kicking and crying.
post #6 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 08:04 AM

Come to Watford. Best place.
post #7 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

The UK is off the possibility list, there is just too much I dislike.
post #8 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420 View Post
I'm telling ya Davey, if you are even CONSIDERING it, go there for a month, you will never leave! My first tour there was 1 year, I kept extending until after 3 1/2 years they had to drag me away kicking and crying.
What I've decided I'm going to do is go and seek out a couple of places in about 8-10 months time (long enough for me to get some decent cash together and pass my exams) So Japan is on the list, again, so is Canada and I'll be honest those are the only 2 that have truly appealed without the thought of any negativity. Even if I only end up spending a short time there at least I'll of been. I must admit though I am thinking long term.
post #9 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 08:33 AM
m0p

Canada is a very nice place, very relaxed and liberal I've heard. Japan would be quite an experience. I can't think of anywhere else.. Australia or New Zealand maybe? Their weather is pretty nice, haven't been there myself or heard anything about what it is actually like to live there though, but I assume it'd be pretty nice.
post #10 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 08:41 AM

Good luck with whatever you choose. I understand where you are coming from.This place seems to care about the "human rights" of criminals,law abiding citizens can go f**k themselves.This is rapidly becoming a dumping ground for the worlds undesirables
Go for it mate and don't look back.

(thats just fact,not political opinion.I'm not starting a debate so NO arguments in this thread.Just offering support to a fellow jemsiter)
post #11 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Andy, much appreciated
post #12 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 09:56 AM

I've heard only fantastic things about Vancouver, but Japan has always been a dream of mine. I like Galway as well, though I doubt I could hack it year round.
post #13 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
I've heard only fantastic things about Vancouver, but Japan has always been a dream of mine. I like Galway as well, though I doubt I could hack it year round.
Galway is mighty.
post #14 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 10:36 AM

Anywhere there are beautiful women is the best place in the world. Everything else is secondary.
post #15 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 11:13 AM

i really want to go to europe and visit england, and germany and all that fun stuff. the works. however, i've been to canada up into British Colombia and Alberta, and it is stunning up there. also by washington, there's just forests of neverending evergreens. it really nice up there. i, however couldn't live there because i am allergic to pine trees. the last time i went, i was itching all over my arms and body even if i stepped outside.

Tags
david mccarroll , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode