Where would you go?? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Where would you go??

I was wondering......... If given a single holiday (vacation) to anywhere in the world, which country/land would you want to see assuming it will be the only chance you ever have to do so?

Myself- I'm torn between Ireland and Australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 01:09 PM

Re: Where would you go??

Depends what you're looking for.

Edit: Both your choices are great options. I think there's more variety in Australia from big city, beaches, nature, deserts, etc.

I love nature/landscapes/"nothingness" - I'm thinking Yosemite

Last edited by Ibateur; 05-31-2013 at 01:14 PM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 PM

Reviews: 10

Those all sound like nice options...I'd like to go to Ireland just so I could see IbanezDaemon's guitar collection

Yosemite sounds nice too...I went to kings canyon which is south of Yosemite and it was very nice there....California is a beautiful state. Lots of nice places in the US...Washington is a beautiful state too...I've spent lots of time in Washington since I live 3 miles from the border into Washington...only problem with this part of the world is it rains so much up here.... I went to southern Utah last year to see Zion and Bryce and that was one of the nicest places I've ever been...sunny and warm with beautiful national parks that offer lots of great hiking.

If I could go anywhere I think I would stay in my own country and go to the Yukon...it's about a 30 hour drive from Vancouver but it would be nice to drive cuz its such a vast area it would be fun to spend a few weeks there camping and hiking...

With that said, I would also like to go somewhere warm and dry with nice beaches and warm water....I've never been anywhere like that....maybe go to Hawaii someday...

In any case, I'm with Ibateur - I like to go to places to see natural landscapes where I can go hiking and enjoy the great outdoors.

Last edited by doriangrey; 05-31-2013 at 01:50 PM.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 02:47 PM

Hawaii for shizzz
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 04:22 PM

I took a cruise once from Vancouver to Alaska. Awesome experience.

I do +1 the Americas having a helluva lot of nice places to visit.

The additional bonus of Australia is that you can hop over to New Zealand and see lots of sheep.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 05:39 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I was wondering......... If given a single holiday (vacation) to anywhere in the world, which country/land would you want to see assuming it will be the only chance you ever have to do so?

Myself- I'm torn between Ireland and Australia
You'd better not come to Australia, you won't want to leave!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 06:37 PM

I have been all over US and Europe.

Without a doubt:

-Spain, the smaller cities...Sevilla, Granada, Cadiez....ect.

The food, the people, the culture and they like Americans. I have been there multiple times and want to go back.

~JH
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 06:52 PM

While obvious to many and certainly no secret, Hawaii is an amazing place. Between all the different islands there is a lot of diversity and something for everyone. I love Kauai.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 09:35 PM

I wouldn't mind going to Greenland, just to see the stars at night. But really anyplace where the stars are spectacular. The Atacama Desert in Chile maybe, or Brazil to walk through the rainforest and see the all the different and unique species there.

Ireland is nice though, I've been a number of times and my wife is from there. So many places! I'd like to spend a week traveling through Banff
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 08:30 PM

So get this. My wife was at a convention and actually won tickets to anywhere in the world. Anywhere.

We picked Australia but our second choice was Ireland. Come to find out, because she was an employee of a co-sponsor, she could not win even though her name was entered. We had tickets to anywhere and got nothing.

Australia because it just looks incredibly beautiful, Ireland because we would like to trace some roots back since her side is predominantly Irish and it looks incredible as well.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

There are so many amazing places to go, beaches, castles, mountains, hot, cold, dark, sunny etc.
For me it would be a nightmare having to choose only one place, I'd prefer a vacation to different places like 1 day in each place I chose.
As I'm a diver so I love the ocean, Hawaii and the great barrier reef would be my first choice BUT.............damn Caribbean is amazing and there's a brazilian island called Fernando de Noronha(google pics and your jaws will drop) which is really a paradise.
Damn I'll put more money on the lottery this week
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
I'd like to spend a week traveling through Banff
Good choice Jim. I used to make it to Banff regularly. I took it for granted when I lived an hour away.

If you do ever make it to Banff, try to make it to Moraine Lake just outside of Lake Louise. The bright blue color of the water against the mountains is like it's right off a postcard. Just watch out for grizzlies...

The Columbia Ice Fields are a great place to take a glacier tour. They are just a short trip up the Icefields Parkway from Lake Louise.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 11:26 PM

maldives.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 07:44 AM

I think I would go to Australia. It's definitely right near the top of my list and I've always liked Australians I've met.

I'd love to go to French Polynesia, but I'll probably never do that.

I've been to Italy so I didn't pick that, but I want to go back. There are still some places I want to go in the US and Canada, which are probably much more reasonable destinations.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 AM

Another vote for French Polynesia. Just a little boat and a load of time...

Tags
holiday , trip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode