Why are illegal fireworks illegal? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Why are illegal fireworks illegal?

like really. i have to cope with buying the stupid fountains and ground blooms. its not fun anymore. all the good fireworks are illegal. just because people blew them selves up with those doesnt mean they cant with the "safe and sane ones".

why dont they just legaliz them all and just be like"must be 18 or older to buy" no parents permission allowed. must be 18. not responsible for any blown off limbs of bad eyesight.

i mean whats stopping people now from buying them anyways.

i hope im not sounding biased but i think they should be legalized.

ahh who am i kidding. i am being biased. but still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 11:48 PM

Re: Why are illegal fireworks illegal?

Even minor fireworks can be dangerous in the hands of some moron kids, all you gotta do is get a bunch of small mundane fireworks, dissect them and take all the powder, stuff in something like a can and you got yourself a powerful little bomb...
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

well yea ive done that. ive even taken a bunch of piccolo petes and taped them up with duct tape and that thing would go. but its all do it urself stuff. that can be even more dangerous than the brand made ones.

im also really pissed off that half of my neighbors have illegals. all im hearing is BOOM!!!!shhhhhhhhhhhhhh. BOOM!!!shhhhhhhh. im so mad.

i might as well go play the national anthem with my window open. i know my amp can be louder than a little bottle rocket.
post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 11:53 PM

I almost got busted setting off a bunch of morters, bottle rockets, roman candles, and other fun stuff here in VA.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
I almost got busted setting off a bunch of morters, bottle rockets, roman candles, and other fun stuff here in VA.
why? because 10 years ago some dumbass couldnt hold a roman candle right so they thought it'd be safe to ban them? its all stupid. everything cool gets banned in this country. i thought this was the home of the brave. not home of wimps.

back during the 1700's the fireworks back then were more dangerous than now. and now the fireworks are safer(im talking about the illegal ones). they are made with more care just in case one dumbass decides to use his hand as a bottle for a bottle rocket. they should make it legal again. all the fun is gone. its all just safe and sane right? is it really insane to have illegals??

i dont think so.
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 12:52 AM

Cops are a little more lenient on the 4th of July, because just about everyone around me blows them off. I live right across the road from a DNR Station that always has cops target practicing in the woods. But we went on vacation to Tennessee (where fireworks are legal) so we brought some back to our state to blow off last year.
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 12:55 AM

Reviews: 25

Stop complaining, fireworks are illegal in Australia period. The only place you can buy them is in our capital in canberrra and even then you need a fireworks license.....

So be happy that you can atleast buy some fireworks and have some fun.....
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 01:05 AM

Reviews: 21

I would argue that someone dumb, kid or otherwise, is capable of hurting themselves with just about anything!
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 01:45 AM

Becaues if illegal fireworks werent illegal, they'd just be called fireworks
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 02:00 AM

Because we've become a country of crybabies where no one is responsible for anything. So some parent's little "treasure" (er, moron) hurts themself with something so the next thing it's banned. Like now the RoadRunner cartoons are edited out like some moron kid is going to jump off a cliff with an umbrella and really believe it's not going to kill them. And all the commercials that show idiotic stuff now have to flash up "do not attempt" because when someone's "darling" (er, moron) got hurt doing this, the parents wanted a new law or sued over it as though their kid was being enticed into it.

/rant off
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinAzian12 View Post
back during the 1700's the fireworks back then were more dangerous than now. and now the fireworks are safer(im talking about the illegal ones). they are made with more care just in case one dumbass decides to use his hand as a bottle for a bottle rocket. they should make it legal again. all the fun is gone. its all just safe and sane right? is it really insane to have illegals??
It was also legal back then to use arsenic and lead in cosmetics, slavery was legal, you could make any claim you wanted about a product without any real chance of legal repercussion, you could burn people claiming they were a witch, plagiarism was quite legal (otherwise how would Ben Franklin have accomplished anything?), basically no one had rights outside white, male land owner, and it was completely legal to beat women as long as you didn't go beyond the legal criteria.

Somehow, I don't think the standards of 1700's quite apply anymore.

I don't really think it would be that crazy if fireworks were illegal to buy except by licensed pyrotechnics. They are explosives and it isn't particularly that hard of a license to get, if you are serious about it. It's illegal to drive a car without a license, but people don't complain about that, hardly seems less reasonable that the same standards apply to explosives, especially the higher class ones.
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 08:20 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think even sparklers are illegal here in NJ...

Someone set up a collection for my bail because I have a shed with several different "goodies" that I'll be setting off this evening...

If what I said above *is* true...we better be careful, soon they're going to take away our shoelaces and belts.
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom777 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think even sparklers are illegal here in NJ...
Yes, but the flip side is you don't need to be licensed in NJ to be the operator of display fireworks in NJ as long as you are considered competent.
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 11:37 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Why are illegal fireworks illegal?

I am all for them being illegal not because you may blow your own stupid hands off or take out your dumb @ss buddies eye...but because you may start a fire and inadvertently burn my house down injuring or killing my children. Plus when you put out your eye and an ambulance, police and firefighters have to come get you, it will severely block up traffic, add an element of road rage affecting others, or wake us up depending what time of night it is. How selfish can you be, all in the name of a little moronic fun?

Read a book and learn something, maybe go to college and get a degree in something other than stupidity...

Just the fireworks going off kept our baby up. I realize you don't give a fvck about my children, but the difference is they don't do things to piss off others in their community hampering them from living a peaceful existence...

Regulations on things are not to protect the stupid participants with a death or self mutilation wish, but the innocent living normal lives that do not want to be a casualty due to your carelessness...
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 12:08 PM

I guess mom was right, "It's all fun and games 'till some puts an eye out."
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode