Why isn't Paul Gilbert on the Rock Hall of Fame? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Why isn't Paul Gilbert on the Rock Hall of Fame?

Well? Why not? I totally think he deserves to be inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame. He's such an awesome teacher, he's humble, very freakin fast and clean, and plays like no one else. He is unique and just an overall amazing person.

What do you guys think? Should he? Or should he not? dont just say "no, cuz he sux" or "yes, because hes awesome", actually say what makes you think he deserves to get his handprints immortalized for all who pass to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:12 PM

Re: Why isn't Paul Gilbert on the Rock Hall of Fame?

He is not in the rock hall of fame because he isn't popular enough of an artist.
Most people have no idea who he is. His bands Racer X and Mr.Big were not very popular.
Being a great shredder guitar player is not really how you get in.Having popular well known music is the more standard way in.Is any shredder in the rock hall of fame maybe Hendrix Beck and Van Halen? But no Vai,Satriani,Petrucci or Malmsteen so Paul Gilbert would have to get in line.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 PM

Reviews: 25

Unfortunatly its true he is just not famous enough... the only way I can tell people who he is, is to tell them he is the guitarist who played " Im the one who wants to be with you" "Oh yeah I remember that song"

LOL !!

If it were up to me he would be in for sure....
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:27 AM

Reviews: 2

Do you really think that all the people that already are in the hall of fame are really good at what they do?

To be in the hall of fame, you just need to be popular and sell thousands of cds; something that Paul Gilbert, unfortunately, hasn't done (and perhaps never will).

It should be called the "Rock & Roll Hall of Sales".
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 03:33 AM
Banned

paul gilbert is a class act. but like the lads stated hes not famous enough.shame cos he deserves to be
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Why isn't Paul Gilbert on the Rock Hall of Fame?
...because he doesn't have a very good manager/PR agent
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 PM

He doesn't want to go in before Rush (or Yes, or ELP, or......)?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 05:10 PM

Reviews: 2

The inherent problems with great shredders is that half their fans are guitarists themselves. Even then, half of guitarists don't know anything more than mainstream rock or metalcore or something.

I mean, the only way I found out about Paul was through a link on a youtube comment of a guy bashing yngwie (LOL). When I clicked on it I was like, "Who's that middle aged guy with a double necked guitar with f - holes painted on it?". Took me about a week before I felt like checking him out any more, and of course I think he's awesome now, but still.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 12:20 AM

Reviews: 18

For the same reason that Joe, Steve, Andy Timmons, Eric Johnson and other talented musicians aren't.

Jimmy
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 02:40 AM

Because he just hasn't been trying hard enough
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 02:51 AM

Reviews: 4

When I first saw PG in a magazine I thought (from the picture) that he was a punk/80s player (Pink suit and painted F holed guitar) and the interview never mentioned anything about his skill so I never took notice...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 12:30 PM

He's nowhere near popular enough. I mean, even Vai and Satriani aren't in the hall of fame and they are miles more popular than Paul. But there are countless bands that were huge that deserve to be in there, so I'm not quite sure how the "popularity" thing sorts out. Maybe they just induct who they feel like?

Oh yeah and there's also the 25 year thing where it has to have been 25 years since the first album of the artist. Paul's first album was Street Lethal in 1986. Vai should have been in a long time ago though, especially since he was associated with Frank Zappa who is inducted.

Last edited by Andy43; 09-27-2009 at 12:35 PM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 04:53 PM

Reviews: 18

The R&R hall of fame operates under the same bul1sh1t concept as the grammy's. It's basically a popularity contest.

Jimmy
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:10 AM

Paul for President never mind the Rock Hall of Fame!!!!!!!!

Tags
fame , gilbert , paul , rock , walk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode