Wii - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Wii

The graphics aren't all that great as we all know, But it's a pretty cool system.

What do ya got?
What's your favorite Wii game?
blah blah blah Wii?
Rate a game.

Just got the new MXvsATV Untamed. Was very excited, since I was a big Motocross Madness player a few years ago. And I rode and raced a little motocross. The new game isn't quite what I expected at first. It's ok. Tough as heck to control the bike. The Wii controllers aren't spot on like I was used to on my old Xbox. But the more I play, the more I like it. I usually don't do this, But I instantly found the codes and unlocked everything. I'm too old to work my way though every race to unlock all the goodies.
I give MXvsATV a 7 of 10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 03:35 PM

Re: Wii

We have a Wii, and I MUCH prefer the original Xbox. Not that I really play either much though, to be honest
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 03:56 PM

i love lego star wars. cant wait to use the wiimote in a proper lightsaber game. mario and sonic at the olympics, resident evil and wii sports are all good multiplater games n all
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 04:14 PM

I thought it was cool for a couple of months and got bored quickly. I don't think the controls are responsive enough for certain games and when a console from a previous generation puts your graphics to shame (I'm thinking xbox here) you've got a problem.

As far as the cheek of Nintendo goes to charge people full whack for games on the Virtual Console... that's another reason I don't like it. If you've paid for the game once you've paid for it IMHO. They should offer a service where as you can send your cartridge in (so long as the game is available for download) and they should give you the download for nothing. But, this is the company that used to charge 50 a game in the late 80's

Don't get me wrong, I love the previous consoles and there are some killer games on there, but I'm just fed up with the gimmickery of it all (styluses, nunchuks, wii-motes, etc.) and would rather just grab a regular pad and press buttons to play... just how it was always meant to be.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 04:21 PM

I think it's a great system. The graphics are mediocre compared to the other systems, but the fun factor is there in spades.

My favorites games so far have been Zelda, Mario Galaxy and Metroid.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 06:48 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Wii

We love everything about the wii...and when I say we I mean my kids.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 07:15 PM

I got a wii mainly because of the childrens games. My kids love Mario Galaxy. A good bowling game is good for any party, even adults. And my personal fave when the kids are sleeping is Resident Evil 4. Not sure if thats for a man of the church like you as it is a little bloody.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 07:15 PM

Reviews: 6

I really love the wii. I have an Xbox 360 as well but I've found that although it's a solid system 80% of the games that I'm interested in for Xbox 360 are all first person shooters. Don't get me wrong I love a good FPS, but I think the wii offers a lot more variety. Not to mention smoother controls when it comes to an fps game. Some of my favorite games are: Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Excite Truck, Medal of Honor Heros 2, Battalion Wars 2, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Metriod Prime 3, Resident Evil 4 and No More Heroes. I've always been a big fan of nintendos systems. I got the 360 mainly because I'm a mac user who still wanted to play a lot of the games that were coming out for PC.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

hmmm, no one else has MXvsATV Untamed yet?
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 08:52 PM

I dont have one but Im thinking about getting one. I dont really care about the graphics, I just want fun games. Im the guy who has a PS2 and mostly buys the old Namco, Midway, and Capcom compilation disks. I may be wrong, but I think too many new games spend too much time on graphics and not enough time on replay or fun factors.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 09:07 PM

the Wii is awesome, I don't mind the graphics aren't EXTREME like all the other games I play but still it is fun. I haven't bought one yet but since the new super smash is coming I probably will, plus I will be working with a dev team working on some cool apps using the wii mote and infared lights to do headtracking 3d which is insane looking
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 09:12 PM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
I dont have one but Im thinking about getting one. I dont really care about the graphics, I just want fun games. Im the guy who has a PS2 and mostly buys the old Namco, Midway, and Capcom compilation disks. I may be wrong, but I think too many new games spend too much time on graphics and not enough time on replay or fun factors.
Couldn't agree more Cid. There's a reason why just about every generation of consoles that comes out has tetris, pac-man, and all those games that were made back in the arcade days. I do enjoy good visuals but they will always take a backseat to addicting game play. For example Geometry Wars galaxies is an old school shooter with pretty basic graphics but god help me I can't stop playing it.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemwielder View Post
Couldn't agree more Cid. There's a reason why just about every generation of consoles that comes out has tetris, pac-man, and all those games that were made back in the arcade days. I do enjoy good visuals but they will always take a backseat to addicting game play. For example Geometry Wars galaxies is an old school shooter with pretty basic graphics but god help me I can't stop playing it.
Whatever the new Madden game is might look awesome, but NFL Blitz was just plain fun.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 09:43 PM

If you like golf, Tiger Woods 08 Is really awesome!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 10:10 PM

Football games are pretty much my favorite when I do play, and those are great on Xbox.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode