Is The World SICK? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 20
Is The World SICK?

Hi all, I was going home tonight (it's late now here in England) and I ended up behind a bus. I was in the passenger seat of a car and could see through the rear mirror of the bus quite clearly, there were two girls sat on the back row- I say sat, one seemed to be trying to provoke the other. After some time they started fighting, this carried on (on and off, not consistent) for the whole time until the car I was in and the bus turned different ways and seperated. However, as my car changed lanes to turn away, we passed the bus and I got a glimpse inside. Fortunately, niether of them seemed hurt at all to be honest- but what's really got me angry and offended is the fact that there were at least two able bodied men on the bus that could have stopped the fight (I understand this may not be a good idea if alcohol is pumping the fight) or at least tried to calm the situation down somehow. But rather than doing that they seemed to find it somewhat funny and entertaining. WHAT!? Two girls possibly doing permanent damage to each other is some kind of JOKE!?
Another thing that makes me ask "Is The World SICK?" is the fact that teenagers in the area where I live now seem to think videoing fights is some kind of cool act- again I ask... WHAT!?

WHY!?

Does this get on any of your nerves? Or can you explain the point I'm missing here, because to me it seems pretty sick. There's people dying in the world for no reason at all, and there's people allowing people to do serious damage to one another and recording it for entertainment. I have to be honest, it hurts me to think that this is reality.
Regards
Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 07:38 PM

Re: Is The World SICK?

Break up a girl fight when there is a chance who-ha's will pop out?

post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 07:48 PM

Dude. Girls.......Fighting.........DUH!!!!!!!
post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 07:54 PM

The answer is yes, the world is sick.
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 08:31 PM

Dude
It's two people fighting, it happens. I could see where a grown man raping a child, the child getting an abortion and the church excommunicating the child and her mother, but forgiving the grown man (I'm looking at you, Roman Catholic Church of Brazil) would make you wonder if the world is sick. Two girls fighting, though? Grow up.
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 20

I can understand that fighting 'happens,' I WOULD be an idiot not to accept that. But the way people react to it is disgraceful, I can't see how you can say "grow up" when something is obviously wrong somewhere. Fights happen yes, but people being entertained by watching people hurt other people is Sadism, and if almost every teenage person or young adult/child in the street is like this, you could say it's like a generation of sadists is being brought slowly into adult society. I don't think it's something to get over and grow up about, I think it could be a "slight" issue if people want to live in a society where they feel safe.
Regards
Jon
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 09:35 PM

Dude, that kind of stuff has been going on forever, get over it. You should really worry about Global Warming and it bringing about the end of life as we know it.

If that doesn't cut it for you then try these on for thought.

1. Constipation
2. World Conquering Machine / Robots
3. Bird Flu Pandemic (surely if it effects humans itís human flu?)
4. Asteroid / Meteor / Comet Impact.
5. Nuclear War
6. Alien Invasion
7. Complete shortage of fossil fuels
8. Zombies
9. The mysterious death of bumblebees
10. The sun going out
11. Worldwide computer virus
12. Satellite based lasers
13. The world changing beyond all recognition overnight
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 09:37 PM

Reviews: 2

Man, mankind has always enjoyed watching people killing each other (remember the Roman Coliseum), kill other forms of life (animal hunting), etc. Even now, people enjoy watching the WWE wrestlers hurt each other, and sometimes they die in the middle of a fight. Humanity has always liked some kind of violence.

Why? Violence is everywhere in the natural world. Animals kill each other to survive. Humans kill animals to survive. Violence, and killing, is a natural thing.

Now, is it okay that people enjoy watching other people fight and hurt each other?? We can't force anybody to like something or dislike something (at least I wouldn't like to be forced). Each culture, and each religion, establishes what is right and what is wrong.

Is the world sick?? Depends on your point of view. If you watch the news everyday, you may think the world is sick. If some person only focuses on the "good" aspects of humanity, he/she may say the world is perfect.

Sometimes I think it's better to be like the animals: they don't seem to bother to classify things as good or bad, they just happen, that's it. They save a lot of time when not doing this.

Enough said. I'm gonna keep practising guitar

Last edited by Mr. Killer; 07-24-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: bad spelling XD
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Killer View Post
Sometime I think is better to be like the animals: they don't seem to bother to classify things as good or bad,
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 PM

Reviews: 21

The world isn't sick. Humans are!
It used to be you could stop such things from happening, but nowadays even if you get involved for a good reason to stop bad things from happening you run the risk of being sued.
Couple that with the fact that much of the world has turned to the joys of narcissism thanks to the internets. Everyone wants to be famous. Everyone wants their own Reality TV special. Now, I know a lot of us self-promote, and there's nothing wrong with that. Some folks just take it to an extreme. They want the limelight at any cost; and they don't care who gets in the way. I think that's why those girls do it. They have little to no power in their lives, so they have to hurt someone and show everyone on the net what kind of "power" they have.
Furthermore, we've seen so much of it we simply don't give a $hit anymore, so people do worse things to get attention. It's brinkmanship.
Sorry to be a downer but that's how I see it.
Try to see the good things in life and ignore the haters. It probably sounds like an afterschool special, but I think ignoring these jags is the only way they'll stop.
Cheers!
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 11:10 PM

Reviews: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Dude
It's two people fighting, it happens. I could see where a grown man raping a child, the child getting an abortion and the church excommunicating the child and her mother, but forgiving the grown man (I'm looking at you, Roman Catholic Church of Brazil) would make you wonder if the world is sick. Two girls fighting, though? Grow up.
Cid, you need to chill with putting down the catholic church. Be a d1ck but don't be an a$$h0le.

Jimmy
post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 11:28 PM

Slightly off topic, but I recommend everyone to watch The Elephant Man. I hadn't seen it until recently, and it's a really touching movie that showcases how cruel and sick human beings can be. A lot of people like to pretend that we can become a perfect species, but when it comes down to it, we are still animals and we always will be (unless you believe in evolution).

Is it just me, or is jemsite hovering with heavy topic lately? Or have I just not noticed before?
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 11:56 PM

Okay, another off topic thingy but someone brought up global warming. I know that it's something we all need to worry and try to change. However, is it me or does this really rely on the government? Their the ones who can bring about a change regarding factories, cars, and what not since they control everything? Or maybe I'm just thinking on a individual perspective. Also, I know this a concern but I'm getting tired of always hearing about it. Sure it's a threat and they all want to do something. However, I'm not seeing a lot of effort to bring about a change....
post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
i nearly fell off my seat after reading that,hahaha very funny
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
Cid, you need to chill with putting down the catholic church. Be a d1ck but don't be an a$$h0le.

Jimmy

Who putting down the church. Don't call me an ******* for their decision. Unless you also support that particular decision.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode