World of Warcraft! Anyone here play? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond, Kentucky
Posts: 3,339
World of Warcraft! Anyone here play?

So does anyone here play world of warcraft. Id like to give it a shot but not quite sure if i would like it. If anyone here plays and still hasnt given their "give a friend a trial key" out i would really appreciate it if someone could send theirs my way. Everything ive wread about this game makes it out to be super addictive, and while i know i need to spend more time playing guitar, Im just dying to give it a try, and dont want to spend 50 dollars on it if i dont like it all that much.

Last edited by sniperfrommars1; 09-06-2006 at 09:17 PM. Reason: mistake
sniperfrommars1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:23 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Worcester,MA
Posts: 4,924
Re: World of Warcraft! Anyone here play?

Its the most involving, detailed, additictive game I have ever played. I had to stop playing WoW because of it. I got up to like level 45. My Roommate is a total hardcore addict though, with lvl 60's.
Lefty Robb is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond, Kentucky
Posts: 3,339
Re: World of Warcraft! Anyone here play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
Its the most involving, detailed, additictive game I have ever played. I had to stop playing WoW because of it. I got up to like level 45. My Roommate is a total hardcore addict though, with lvl 60's.
Happen to still have the free trial that came with yours? My friend has a copy of the game but the trial they give you to give to other friends has already been given out.
sniperfrommars1 is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:34 PM
 
kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,577
Re: World of Warcraft! Anyone here play?

Good to go if you've got nothing but time.
kirk is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:55 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Torrance, California
Posts: 574
Re: World of Warcraft! Anyone here play?

My cousin has it and I play everytime I go over there. There's so much "stuff" in the game, I just look at it and feel so overwhelmed. I'm more than happy with all the Steam games like Counter Strike.
sirbrandon101 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 09:55 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 636
Re: World of Warcraft! Anyone here play?

sniper i can give you my free trial password if you'd like.

now my review. but before I start I must say that I have never ever been a hardcore gamer, you can't even call me gamer. I get bored of games realy quick.

I bought the game exactly 1 month ago, upon request from my friend. That friend is a complete maniac. He played 12 x 24 hours in one month, that is to say 12 days of a month has been given to the game. He's got a lvl 60 char, doesn't go out to play the game etc. Anyway, I bought the game thinking that I will love it. I activated my account and after 15 days I got bored. I really don't see what 5+ million persons find in te game to waste their times. I took no real pleasure out of the game, and did not pay anything other than the game's price. I canceled my subscription right away.

As I've said, I cannot be considered a gamer so my review makes little difference. But I thought I should write my opinions.

If you want the trial code, let me know.
Wis Redz of Silvanost is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:11 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Worcester,MA
Posts: 4,924
Re: World of Warcraft! Anyone here play?

You might want to check out Guild Wars if you like RPG's but don't want to pay the fee's.
Lefty Robb is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond, Kentucky
Posts: 3,339
Re: World of Warcraft! Anyone here play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis Redz of Silvanost View Post
sniper i can give you my free trial password if you'd like.

now my review. but before I start I must say that I have never ever been a hardcore gamer, you can't even call me gamer. I get bored of games realy quick.

I bought the game exactly 1 month ago, upon request from my friend. That friend is a complete maniac. He played 12 x 24 hours in one month, that is to say 12 days of a month has been given to the game. He's got a lvl 60 char, doesn't go out to play the game etc. Anyway, I bought the game thinking that I will love it. I activated my account and after 15 days I got bored. I really don't see what 5+ million persons find in te game to waste their times. I took no real pleasure out of the game, and did not pay anything other than the game's price. I canceled my subscription right away.

As I've said, I cannot be considered a gamer so my review makes little difference. But I thought I should write my opinions.

If you want the trial code, let me know.
Id really like the trial code you can send it to me here in private if possible bro. thanks!
sniperfrommars1 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond, Kentucky
Posts: 3,339
Re: World of Warcraft! Anyone here play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
You might want to check out Guild Wars if you like RPG's but don't want to pay the fee's.

I dont necessarily mind paying for the game, i can afford it, its just i dont want to pay the bucks for a game i may not like, rpg's are hit and miss for me, and im really currently heavily into games Unreal tournament
sniperfrommars1 is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:02 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Worcester,MA
Posts: 4,924
Re: World of Warcraft! Anyone here play?

well, if your a FPS type gamer your probably not going to like WoW, its very, ummm, drawn out i guess, like to just go from one area to another walking can take 10-15 min, or taking a griffin ride to the other side of the continent, hell, you can heat up a burrito, hit the bathroom, come back any your still not there...then, just to level, you have to do quests, in which most involve killing like 50 of the same monsters.
Lefty Robb is offline  
Reply

Tags
playing guitar

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can't play the blues icank_gtd Off-topic / Miscellaneous 6 02-10-2006 01:40 PM
I have the coolest wife in the world - Jem DNA Shannnon McCoy Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 33 04-25-2002 11:20 AM
Legato Lesson 1 - Play like Satch/Holdsworth ripl3y Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 3 01-09-2002 09:47 AM
Red Lace Article - Guitar World johncowan Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 3 10-26-2001 01:42 PM
J-Customs are Darn cool - Play two of them today Given to Fly All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 6 10-24-2001 01:46 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome