And the worst neighbor is.... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy And the worst neighbor is....

Hey everybody !
I just wanted to share my woes with you concerning my next door neighbors...I live in a rather large dbl wide mobile home. When my wife and I moved here there were two *** guys living next door. Great guys too, union electricians, into Nascar, had the place looking great. But about 3 months or so later they were approved for a mortgage to buy a kick ass home, so they put their place up for sale. They moved into the new house and while my wife and I trembled at the thought of having a PITA neighbor to replace them, we saw a few potentially good ones....
Well, a small family moved in next door (they seemed to be ok people) and it wasn't long before "they settled in"....
I was on the couch probably watching some race, and I overheard him tell her "I don't know - looks like weeds to me" and proceeded to shred and rip out the shrubs and bushes the guys had planted in the front yard...!! Probably by 2-3 weeks after the solar powered driveway lights were all broken and the guy had thrown out the washer or dryer out the back door, hurling it down the steps and where it came to rest, it rested for about a week. Shortly after they bought a replacement for whatever that was...he hurled out the back door, the french doors that separated the laundry area from the kitchen....again they sat there a few days...this isn't looking good for us as we've planned on selling our house and moving to San Antonio...
But it gets worse....
The woman is QUITE large...and it never fails that when my wife and I go grocery shopping, she's wearing just a tshirt, bent over with hands on the sill, yelling outside, "hey Sonny (my wife), let me know if you need a hand taking all them groceries inside..." My wife being polite, says she'll let her know. But I swear that woman is taking inventory of what we bought - like she's making her grocery list based on what we're bringing in !!
Every now and again "hey, do you happen to have an onion we can borrow?", "Do you have any sugar you can spare?", "do you have any extra cat litter?".....another subject there....
They must be Noah's Ark II - they have about 10 dogs, 6 cats and fish....the CATS, are left to wander the neighborhood, yes at all hours of the night (getting into fights at 2-3 am) and since I have one cat (indoor variety) he hangs out at the window. Her friggin cats have torn up my screens trying to fight my cat !
They guy is near useless....I have to help him change his oil to his now resold Expedition....
Am I the only one to suffer from nightmare neighbors? I'm trying to sell the place but with them next door, killing my property value....looks like I'll be here for a while.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the previous owners had one of these lawn service companies show up monthly to upkeep their yard...the people next door keep it looking like Vietnam now...

Last edited by Freedom777; 05-11-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: forgot to add something...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 10:28 AM

Re: And the worst neighbor is....

So what your saying is you have a thing for that lady?
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 10:39 AM

Glen moved to vineland?

In all seriousness, SELL, or move (After all you do have wheels on your house).LOL
If you dont you are going to go nuts. These people are not going to get any better. You are in a tough spot.

Do you have any type of Neighborhood Association?
If so get a copy of the bylaws and use them. The only problem is going to be that these people probably don't care about such things and will make things even worse.

Last edited by michblanch; 05-11-2008 at 10:44 AM.
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 07:15 PM

Your city and or county has laws on the books that deal with all of these issues. My first step would be to call the local housing authority, or whichever office deal with these issues. You have rights, and you can get this taken care of. On a personal note, people like this are an absolute nuisance and should be dealt with as such because they will not change. Don't feel bad about getting these agencies out to pay them a visit.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the good advise, we've already called about the cats, animal control came by to visit and have taken a few of them. When they saw they have a toddler (maybe 2?), they were grilled because of the stench in the house (yeah it smells worse than a litter box - it gets outside sometimes) with the cats and dogs running rampant in areas where the little one plays.
The park I live in does have rules concerning the qty of pets per household and they're obviously way over the limit, but nothing seems to be done of it. With animal control having paid a visit, it's likely something will be said. We'll see what turns of it.
Thanks again !
Val
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 PM

Reviews: 3

What kimd of community do you live in? Do they have rules about occupent conduct? Do they enforce these rules if you complain? Have you talked to other neighbors to see if anybody else has issues with them?

Bad neighbors are the worst. Good luck and don't get in a fist fight.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:17 PM

Place some poisoned meat on your porch. This will take care of the cats. :-)
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry View Post

I would love to see Micro have his own Advice Column. LOL
It would be some of the funniest stuff ever.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:30 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: And the worst neighbor is....

Why in the world are you helping them if they're that bad. Grow a pair and tell him to get a fvcking brain, have a little courtesy for others, and stop being the atypical deadbeat redneck associated with trailers! Then cut his bushes down or take a dump on his porch to let him know you're not some patsy to be played with!! Crank your rig up and aim it at his place!! A little "Stranglehold" at 10 am after a heavy night of drinking and nursing his nasty hangover will get the message across too.

We have some neighbors in the back (who rent they don't own, I own my house) who suck. He let his dog run a round, sh!tting wherever, so when he came in my yard I whipped a baseball at it! This dude comes running out asking me what's wrong...I told him if that dog sh!ts in my yard again I was going to kill it. I never saw the dog off a leash again. Same guy was blaring his hip hop beats out of his crap ass beat up car. So I rolled my rig out side on a Sunday, put it on his porch at 7 am and proceeded to play the entire Ozzy catalog for him. His music isn't so fvcking loud anymore!! The rest of the neighbors were congratulating me and bringing over pies and stuff. Most of them didn't have the nuts, the rest of them were retired and older couples.

Draw a line in the sand, nobody has the right to be a pr!ck whether it's intentional or from stupidity!!!
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 03:04 AM

You sure we don;t both have the same neighbors?? Sounds EXACTLY like mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry View Post
Careful!!! I know where you live Save it for the Pit Bulls
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

LOL, deadtune666 you've def. got a pair ! Of what I don't know...!! LOL !!

Since animal control has come by and taken away a few of their cats, they've been kinda kept to themselves. I'm not into poisoning animals so that'll be the last LAST option, but I AM into BB'ing the hell outta them or letting the dog out on them ! But like I said their cats are gone now...so it's probably not an issue anymore.
As far as rules in the development, yeah there are...just not often enforced. Or at least enforced on those that aren't in favor with the manager of the park. I'm anxious to get out of this place. We pay a lot rent in addition to our mortgage, combined it's still much cheaper than a house mortgage, but as the lot rent increases annually, less people are able to afford, so eventually the scum will be outta here and certain kinds of people. Our house is a nice one and we bought it right, we stand to make a whole LOT of cash if we sell it ...with the economy going as it is, you'd be suprised how many people are selling their homes to move into a mobile, every year during the tax season you'll see people driving by taking down numbers to the houses for sale...These homes aren't the stereotypical ones you see in the movies. Basically all it's missing is a basement and you've got the modular home as so many of the newer houses are built today. 3 br/2bthrm, large kitchen, large living room, dining area, laundry room, huge deck, central air, ceiling fans, great dbl paned windows and on and on...I'd rather see them leave so I'll be patient. But in the meantime, they're getting the cold shoulder not from only us but others it seems. The woman is strange, she likes hanging with teens and occasionally has them over for some reason...but I think the park said something of it because there were a few conflicts there.
As far as dealing with the riff raff they entertain....I'll let smith or wesson deal with them. If need be....my .40 is always within reach.
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:07 AM

Reviews: 3

I think the worst neighbors I had were some drug dealers that lived across from me when I lived in Dallas. One night we heard a thump against my door, like someone trying to kick it in. I rushed my wife and 3 month old son into the bedroom and grabbed the .45. A few minutes later, I look out the peephole(not standing directly in front of the door), and I can see their door open, a couple of them still in the hallway, very intoxicated. Later I put the gun away and crack open the door. There's a beer bottle they decided to smash against my door. As furious as I was, I did not escalate the situation...knowing the "occupation" of the neighbors at least one of us could have ended up dead. I didn't notify the police, honestly out of fear because my wife and son were home alone during the day. I got my revenge later on though. I leave my apartment, and there's one of the guys smoking a blunt on his balcony(we lived on first floor). I wasn't going to do anything about it, but when faced with the temptation of a DPD officer just pulling into the complex I notified him. We came home an hour or so later, the guy in a squad car, and what do you know..officers bringing out large bags of controlled substance. It was even sweeter when the guy's expedition got siezed a little bit later.
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 01:49 PM

Most neighbors suck.
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Lane View Post
Most neighbors suck.
I got a pretty girl lives a couple of doors down i sure wish would suck

post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 05:57 PM

[QUOTE=andy7jem;825089]I got a pretty girl lives a couple of doors down i sure wish would suck :raz

You dirty boy !!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode