wow. just wow. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
wow. just wow.

Just getting aa concensus of what others would do...

Long story short, my biological "father" left my mother before I was born. Ive never seen ayou piture of him. Ive never cared.

Well, long story short, he emiled me today.

Not quite sure wht i should be feeling right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: wow. just wow.

This happened to me also, I have talked to my "real Grandfather" and he says: your a bastard child that never should have been, get the F*ck out of here!

See what he has to say, you dont know his side of the story.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamm'n Jimmy View Post
This happened to me also, I have talked to my "real Grandfather" and he says: your a bastard child that never should have been, get the F*ck out of here!

See what he has to say, you dont know his side of the story.
Well there's some story im leaving out of course. I am curious to say the least, but angry sad, annoyed, etc at the same time. Quite frustrating. Hopefully he's dying and wants to leave me all his money.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 04:08 PM

ive had one or two mates who have had this same sort of thing recently, and from what they've told me, id say it was important to at least meet him/attempt to get to know him. if the worst was to happen to him, u *may* live the rest of your life always asking yourself "what if?"

and if he turns out to be a total c u next tuesday, then you can sever all ties and carry on your life!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickybaby1985 View Post
ive had one or two mates who have had this same sort of thing recently, and from what they've told me, id say it was important to at least meet him/attempt to get to know him. if the worst was to happen to him, u *may* live the rest of your life always asking yourself "what if?"

and if he turns out to be a total c u next tuesday, then you can sever all ties and carry on your life!

I havve zero interest in having anyu kind of relationship with him. He got rid of me before I was born and had several attempts to contact me. He never bothered. I just really wanna know, why the hell now?
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Guys this is REALLY messing with my head.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:18 PM

See what he wants.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
See what he wants.

I've never seen talked or interated with him for my entire existence. He's had my birthday as his user account name for at least 8 years. Im so confused and my mother isn't helping things right now.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:46 PM

Your driving yourself crazy wondering.... stop wondering and find out.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Your driving yourself crazy wondering.... stop wondering and find out.

I will. My mother isn't helping anything though.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 11:03 PM

I had a similar situation. My father left when I was an infant. I am 45 now, and met him when I was 40. I had a lot of anger when I was younger, and always had zero interest in meeting him. My wife actually looked him up and called him. He called me and I met him several months later. We now speak every couple of weeks, he lives in another state. I must say, I am glad that we got in touch. If it had happened when I was younger, I would have still been very angry, but age and experience has a way of giving a different perspective. If you decide to meet him, just don't put any expectations on it one way or another. Whether you want a relationship or not, it is good to see the other half of your origin. We do stupid things when we are young. I am not excusing his actions, but I have forgiven him. Good luck!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 12:35 AM

I'm guessing the same will happen with me. Haven't seen or spoken to my father for 10 years that had some really rough times.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

What really messes with me, he's had his account name with my birthday for over 9 years on ebay. Why now? What happened where he just now felt the need to talk to me?
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 12:59 AM

It has been my experience that 10 year olds who are absolute idiots grow into 20, 30, 40, and 50 year olds who are also absolute idiots. That said, being an absolute idiot DOES NOT make you a bad person. You are leaving out what he actually said....I'm guessing that that matters here.

And not for nothing, I'm sorry your dad left your mom before you were born, dude. That's really, REALLY not cool, and you NEVER should have had to grow up like that. NO ONE should have to grow up like that. Being a father of 4 myself I can't imagine it from a parent's standpoint, and as one of seven kids I can't imagine it from a kids standpoint either.

Last edited by jim777; 09-05-2011 at 01:22 AM.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

I found a picture of him online. He's got the same hair, same eyes, same ears... he loves music , dogs, and boats....

Im so disgusted how similar we are. On the bright side, he's pushing 60 in this picture.... I always get crap for looking young, and I tell people I will laugh when im older. Guess I was right....

Me

Last edited by linuxpenguin; 09-05-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode