Wow new Dodge Challenger - Page 3 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 07:22 AM

Re: Wow new Dodge Challenger

Man, this just makes me want to move to the astates more, to be honest, one of the biggest reasons is that cars here look crap.

That and i so want to own a knight rider car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Air Zone

Thumbs up Re: Wow new Dodge Challenger

All they need now to sell millions is the General Lee paint scheme!
post #33 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 10:53 AM
RCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem#5150
i dare you to put one of those to race against a '73 T/A or any mustang or camaro for that matter. big wings, stickers, and mufflers that make the car sound like a fly do not make it faster. sorry, i really do hatae "tricked out" imports with an undying passion. I think the challenger you saw may have been a test car. did it have a bra on it or anything of the sort? it does look aggressive and quite promising. ford, chevy, and dodge are hopefully gonna get rid of those crackerboxes on the streets once and for all. anyway, my rant..... take in as needed or wanted.
Unless the "race" you are talking about is a straight 1/4 mile, the old muscle cars cant really hold a candle against any modern jap or euro sporty car.

Even the modern muscle cars handle horribly (at least the previus stang and camaro).

I used to have a mustang when I lived in Mexico (it wasn't the current model, but the previus one). I loved the sound of the engine, it was very durable, but it was A LOT slower than nissan skyline GTR or an Impreza WRX, Evo, 350Z, etc, etc, etc. Now, if you add curves to the "race track"..... well the damn thing just couldnt make a turn.

That said, I love the new mustang and the new Camaro. I love the interior an the exterior of both cars, I love the way the engine sounds, and I love how durable they seem (this coments aplly to the stang since I havent seen the camaro in person). The Dodge lacks in the design area IMHO.

But, make no mistake, on anything different than a drag race, a decent euro or jap import will smoke them (at least from the expierence I had with the previus stang and camaro, may be, hopefully, this new muscle car can actually make a turn).

Since Im not entering any race track, if I planned to get a new car (and was still in Mexico) Id take the mustang

Last edited by RCB; 07-21-2006 at 01:43 PM.
post #34 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
There's the perfect 69 Camaro for sale right by me, convertible, white with hugger orange stripes, it would be mine if I could figure out a way to get some extra $$$ without selling all my guitars.
DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!
Depends what motor it has before i would say its PERFECT
post #35 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 04:06 PM
EdE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB
Unless the "race" you are talking about is a straight 1/4 mile, the old muscle cars cant really hold a candle against any modern jap or euro sporty car.

Even the modern muscle cars handle horribly (at least the previus stang and camaro).

I used to have a mustang when I lived in Mexico (it wasn't the current model, but the previus one). I loved the sound of the engine, it was very durable, but it was A LOT slower than nissan skyline GTR or an Impreza WRX, Evo, 350Z, etc, etc, etc. Now, if you add curves to the "race track"..... well the damn thing just couldnt make a turn.
Thats like comparing a RG350 to a Jem. If you had a Fox body mustang, I would totally understand. I have an '00 Mustang GT (with some mods) and hand 350z's, WRX's their ass at a road course. I few more mods and I'll hand the EVO and GTR theirs too. Plus I will have spent WAY LESS $$$$$. I dont know about the newer muscle cars handling horribly either. The new Stang handles better and brakes better than most cars on the road.
post #36 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem
Yeah but to me euro cars are so dull/bland/unimagitive.I have to "endure" seeing these sh*tboxes every day and its torture
How can you say BMWs are bland!!! Aston Martins!!! Do you see those alot in the UK?
Well, in America, we don't really have those small European cars, the smallest of the top of my head would be the new VW rabbit. In Texas, we used to have Peuguots and Renualt (sp?), but not any more, everything is big in Texas.
post #37 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB

That said, I love the new mustang and the new Camaro. I love the interior an the exterior of both cars, I love the way the engine sounds, and I love how durable they seem (this coments aplly to the stang since I havent seen the camaro in person). The Dodge lacks in the design area IMHO.

But, make no mistake, on anything different than a drag race, a decent euro or jap import will smoke them (at least from the expierence I had with the previus stang and camaro, may be, hopefully, this new muscle car can actually make a turn).

Since Im not entering any race track, if I planned to get a new car (and was still in Mexico) Id take the mustang
Hmm... there are Nissan Skyline GTRs in Mexico? I hope they didnt get that stolen
post #38 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:28 PM

That's a cool car. Will they be releasing it in Desert Yellow ?

Ben
post #39 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski
Another inefficient muscle car when gas prices keep going up and up. How about a new SUV that seats 11?
He have alot of Limo SUV's here in vegas, that can hold that... extened Hummers, Escalades.
post #40 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSH
Looks like an old GM F-body style, kind of, like the late 60's Camaros.
Well its more like the older Cuda & Challengers, just seems the smoothed out a bit, even the original tail light went across the back of the car.

New Concept & Old Challenger
post #41 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 06:05 PM

BMW's are seriously bland.Just a cr*ppy run-of the-mill every day car!! And when you see 10,000 EVERY DAY,they ain't worth sh*t.
OK,i agree Aston Martin have made some pretty tasty motors,but they are pretty uncommon to see.
post #42 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 07:31 PM
RCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdE
Thats like comparing a RG350 to a Jem. If you had a Fox body mustang, I would totally understand. I have an '00 Mustang GT (with some mods) and hand 350z's, WRX's their ass at a road course. I few more mods and I'll hand the EVO and GTR theirs too. Plus I will have spent WAY LESS $$$$$. I dont know about the newer muscle cars handling horribly either. The new Stang handles better and brakes better than most cars on the road.
If you can beat a 350Z with your 00 Mustang, you are either Shcummager or they guy driving the 350Z has over 80 years.

You have the exact same car that I had for over 3 years, and the thing can`t make a turn.

The 350Z has 100% better grip, has better brakes, has better acceleration in the 0-60, and has a better top speed. Please explain me how can you beat it?

You cant even beat a 1990 Nissan 300ZX with the 00 Mustang GT. I know, because I owned both.

I currently own an V6 Alfa Romeo GTV, and it outperforms the 1996-2004 4.6 V8 Mustang GT in every concievable way.

An to the guy that said that BMW are bland..... well the M3 is not bland, and the 3.0 Z3 wasnt bland either. I dont care that much for the Z4, but its hardly a bland car...... no to even mention the 6 series....

That said, I really really like american muscle cars. I don't think they even try to be sport or performance cars, they are muscle cars wich is a different thing. To me muscle cars are about agressive looks, big engines, big sound, torque and acceleration. An in those areas I think the new Mustang scores a 10.

Last edited by RCB; 07-21-2006 at 08:38 PM.
post #43 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 07:47 PM

An M3 has a few more ponies under the hood,but take off the badge and its the same as any other! The only real interesting/decent looking BMW was the M1, which not many people seem to know exsisted as it was basically a homologated road car for racing. Only made a couple of hundred or so from what i know!
As for Dodge Challengers,i got the Vanishing Point dvd recently, still ain't had a chance to watch it yet!!

Just checked for the M1, try bmwm1.com Apparently about 450 were made,mainly for racing

Last edited by andy7jem; 07-21-2006 at 07:53 PM.
post #44 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
It's not just a UK thing andy, if I see one more civic with a big spoiler hood pins, and loud exhaust taht sounds like a lawnmower, I'll vomit blood
post #45 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 08:03 PM

well, RCB, another factorin buying a car is safety! a modern day mustang or the new challenger would totally total a small honda, or nissan of sorts. i really don't feel safe in them. the reason they handle better is also because they have to weigh a little over a ton. they also have friggin four cylinder motors, which don't have to carry a whole lot. that's why mucsle cars are just that, they have MUCSLE. they have to have a big engine to push a heavey load, and by what i've read and heard and seen, that doesn't even ccompare to a four or six cylinder. my dad would constantly pull up to guys in those crackerboxes, and they would ant to race him, cause their egos told them that their small little car could match up to this huge, noisy, smelly trans am. 11 times out of 10, we would smoke 'em so bad, they would be a block away before they caught up. plus, even if we were on a curvy road, fewer mods would have to be done to make the car perform better than an import. stiffer and shorter shocks and springs do help a tremedous amount with handling a corner at forty miles an hour. both are money pits, but i think that the euro car is more of a money pit. with both cars stock even, the euro still wouldn't stand a chance. wrapped up, i think, from personal experience, that the jap/imports are less safe, and haven't got a finger on the mucsle cars!

btw, andy7jem, Vanishing point is one badass movie! Have fun Watching it.

Tags
space rack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode