Wrestling - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Wrestling

Anyone here keep up with wrestling?,I for one do,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 09:09 PM

Re: Wrestling

I used to, back in the WWF glory days of Ken Shamrock and Al Snow, lol. I was tolerant for a long time, but it just kept getting to "soapy" til the storylines were WAY too out there, I mean, even for wrestling, way too out there.

Also, ECW was the motherf#$%in sh!t for a while there. They put everyone through tables, with tacks, on fire, with razorblades, chairs, and more tables, which had flaming tacks, plus carnage.

\00/
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 10:17 PM

The Undertaker will always be THE MAN!
I agree, the storylines are too cheessy nowadays!
post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

yeah the storylines are WAY WAY WAY to crazy but they're bringing back some good stuff like DX
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 12:29 AM

What ever happened to Bret Hart?
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 12:37 AM

Paul Bearer was one of my fav's or George the Animal Steel.
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder
What ever happened to Bret Hart?

he got screwed over by vince mcmohan/shawn michaels,actually bret hart made an apperience on wrestlemania 22 hall of fame saying how he greatly appriciated wrestling with WWF, and sparks flew between michales and mchoan and whatnot, thus Triple HHH and Shawn michaels bringing back DX
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 02:06 AM

It was nice to watch at first but the fight sequence is like the same all the time and you already know what's gonna happen next. I love watching wrestling when stone cold is still around and beating the crap out of people
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 03:53 AM

Bret Hart had a stroke and had to retire. The stroke was caused by a kick Goldberg give him to the head in a match (true story, wasn't a wrestling storyline on TV or anything, in fact the company they worked for completely ignored it and even tried to FIRE Bret for not showing up to TV tapings whilst he was trying to recover!)

I'm bored of it now because of the **** WWE puts out but I used to be a huge fan. Take it for what it's worth and it's damn good entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonataGuitarist
I used to, back in the WWF glory days of Ken Shamrock and Al Snow, lol. I was tolerant for a long time, but it just kept getting to "soapy" til the storylines were WAY too out there, I mean, even for wrestling, way too out there.

Also, ECW was the motherf#$%in sh!t for a while there. They put everyone through tables, with tacks, on fire, with razorblades, chairs, and more tables, which had flaming tacks, plus carnage.

\00/

ECW is coming back! it's being announced at some point this week that they've got a deal with the Sci-Fi channel. The only problem is WWE will be running it.
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 03:58 AM

Just to say to people who'll turn there nose up at this thread...

Yes we know it's fake, but then again so are most things in life these. You can't deny the work these guys put in, injuries, touring the world for weeks on end, not seeing their families, etc.

Wrestling is about fun, it's NOT meant to be taken seriously, so before anyone starts posting "OMFG!! that SH*% is FAke d0od, hahah lol wtf!?!" don't bother.
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 05:04 AM

Yeah,but most fans seem to think it IS real
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 05:10 AM

I'd say a quarter of them do. I mean, my nephew knew it was fake when he was about 7.
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 05:41 AM

I respect everybody's opinion...BUT....Wrestling is s.hit....I mean...That isn't even entertaining...And don't say that the wrestling guys are well prepared physically...They just PRETEND that they fight...they don't take punches or kicks....nothing...they don't have endurance to take a real fight..They may be awesome doing all those tricks and stuff..but thats useless in REAL fights...

Lets put it this way...You know who Vanderlei Silva is? Do you know what Brazilian Vale Tudo (it means "anything goes") is?

Lets pretend that we put The Undertaker and Vanderlei Silva fighting...who do you think that will win? I mean...Vanderlei doesn't do all those tricks...but he punches The Undertaker in the nose and i bet that he starts crying...and IF...IF The Undertaker punches Vanderlei (I doubt that) he can take that punch and continue fighting..because he isn't an actor..he is a fighter and he is used to take punches and kicks in the face....I can't see how Wrestling is entertaining...

Vale Tudo and Jiu Jitsu fighters have muscles with half the size of the wrestling "fighters" and they would win with no problem...I remember of a wrestling guy that went to vale tudo (I don't remember his name) and his fight was less than a minute...

Of course, I respect your opinion, and Ibanez 249 is right, tthe wrestlers are good athletes...but not for fighting..just for show...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...anderlei+silva

just watch this and see what real fight is...

BLAKK:JAKK
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 06:27 AM

Why do they have to stamp the floor when they "hit" some-one?
"Great" sound effects!
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem
Why do they have to stamp the floor when they "hit" some-one?
"Great" sound effects!
hahaha

They stamp the floor when they miss the oponent's face or chest

The sound effects...I don't know...I don't have sound...But one thing I'm sure, this is real fight and any wrestler would be crushed if he fought against one of these guys...

Cheers

BLAKK:JAKK

Tags
local music store , music store , neal schon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode