Xenadrine & weight loss. anyone? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 08:08 PM

Re: Xenadrine & weight loss. anyone?

I've tried several of these weight loss drugs and as much as I hate to disagree with a lot of people, the olders ones with ephedra actually worked a lot better than a lot of the caffiene free ones. The two best ones I've tried with Ephedra is Xenadrine RFA-1 and the old Hydroxycut that was available in the US(which wasn't available up here in Canada). But ever since a couple of dumbasses OD'ed it Ephedra based products and died, I've had to switch over to the Ephedra free versions and the only one I've tried that doesn't completely suck is the Xenadrine NRG(8 hour formula).

But here's something that you can get over the counter to actually boost the effects of ANY ephedra free weight loss product.... "SUDAFED" (you know the stuff for colds and stuff). It's actually contains medicinal grade processed Ephedra. I've gone from 220lbs down to 190lbs by using the Ephedra based products and also a steady workout schedule(lost it all in 3-4 months). Then went from 190lbs-170lbs using just the weight loss stuff alone (I don't have that much time to work out anymore).

The best thing you can do to start shedding fat fast is to take some of the fat burning supplements right in the morning(30-40 minutes before breakfast) and then also substitute a meal or snack with an meal replacement protein shake. Drinking lots of water helps

(btw, there ARE ways to actually be able to lose weight and still be able to consume ungodly amounts of cola and other 'bad food'... you just gotta cycle it to keep your body from getting used to the diet..)

Feel free to bug my if you got any questions.

PS. If water gets boring you CAN buy protein drinks that are more like fruit coolers(think of it as a protein shake that tastes like a bottle of Nestea)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

That's helpful! Thanks!

~K
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 11:02 PM

btw.. if you're REALLY desperate to lose weight but don't really want to pay for the weight loss stuff, take the following in the morning:

1 cup black coffee (the stronger the better) [needs to be black coffee as suger and cream/milk once added will pretty much kill the metabolic effects.. yes I know it'll taste bitter as hell if you're not used to it, but hey.. you can turn your morning coffee addiction into something that burns fat!!]
1 pill aspirin
1 pill sudafed

Essentially what you have is a stack of the primary ingredients in most weight loss drugs. You can skip the sudafed if you're scared of the processed ephedra. It won't really kill you, but you might get the $#!t scared out of you when you realize your heart is pumping harder.!!
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 11:12 PM

It's nice to see that there's someone who's trying to lose weight and is not expecting these supplement "miracle pills" to take care of everything

Sounds to me like you got the right idea, eating healthier, doing more excersize and using (but not relying) on supplements to give your metabolism that little kick. Drinking water's always a plus, completely overhauls your body, gets rid of all the junk, and its the best form of hydration (duh). Cardio excersizes are probably the better ones. A faster heart rate will speed metabolization naturally, and faster pumping blood's just good all around. I agree with buddyroyce - you can have some "bad" stuff, but make sure you're giving your body lots of water to keep it moving quickly.

Simple excersizes that you can do at home work wonders for more energy. Some pushups and situps in the morning also help shake the groggy-out-of-bed feeling, just stretch first eh?

well theres my 2 cents
Good luck with the weight loss kenny!
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

I just made two trays of brownies for my kids' bake sale at school tomorrow...had to cut them up. I ate all the crumbs, but i managed to not actually eat *A* brownie.

I'm mostly proud of myself

~K (loves brownies)
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 01:00 AM

Kenny,
I just started the Atkins diet about 5 days ago and I've dropped 11 pounds so far. Haven't changed my lifestyle, still dont' have time to exercise, but I have taken carbs out of my diet for now. The induction period sucks, have to basically get rid of all the carbs, no bread, fruit, milk, etc etc etc, but man, it's working. I feel better about myself already too, clothes are fitting better etc. I'm very much an instant gratification guy, so to see any change much less this big of one in such a short period of time gives me the ambition to continue on. I think one of the most important parts though is by taking away basically all the foods I used to snack on (since they're all carb factories) I've realized that I eat A LOT not because I'm hungry, but because I'm bored. Now, I will start to think I'm hungry, but I am realizing that hey, I'm not really, I just want to eat due to habit. About 10 minutes after I realize that the feeling goes away.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:53 AM

11 pounds in 5 days? woohoo that's a lot jeremy. I don't know about the Atkins diet, just heard of it. But I take it that this practically tells that you shouldn't get carbs, right? Do you have a good source about this diet? If so would you be posting it here?
Anyway, I also discovered that when I'm really hungry I always eat junk food, but as soon as my hunger is sated I start to think that I could have eaten a lot better. I guess there are fellow jemsiters who feel this way as well. So I try to remind myself this. It's helpful sometimes.
I'm not keen on taking drugs for this. I mean I know that I can boost my metabolism by cardio and weight lifting. But I gotta think about those protein shakes.

Cheers!
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenman
Kenny,
I just started the Atkins diet about 5 days ago and I've dropped 11 pounds so far. Haven't changed my lifestyle, still dont' have time to exercise, but I have taken carbs out of my diet for now. The induction period sucks, have to basically get rid of all the carbs, no bread, fruit, milk, etc etc etc, but man, it's working. I feel better about myself already too, clothes are fitting better etc. I'm very much an instant gratification guy, so to see any change much less this big of one in such a short period of time gives me the ambition to continue on. I think one of the most important parts though is by taking away basically all the foods I used to snack on (since they're all carb factories) I've realized that I eat A LOT not because I'm hungry, but because I'm bored. Now, I will start to think I'm hungry, but I am realizing that hey, I'm not really, I just want to eat due to habit. About 10 minutes after I realize that the feeling goes away.
Atkins would be too much of a sacrifice for me, besides, i DO excercise and i need the carbs when i do so. Also need them to get thru gigs where there sometimes isn't much food around.

I think it's good that you stopped eating all those pencils though. I sure do wish i had that picture to put here.

~K
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 09:13 PM

I've known quite a few people that have gone on the atkins diet, most lead very active lives as well. Basically, (as I understand it, my fiance' knows more about it than I do so I just listen to her) you have a 2 week induction period where you can have no more than 20 grams of Carbs per day. This means cutting out grains, fruit, milk etc. There's a big list online somewhere of what you can eat, really it's quite a bit. After the 2 weeks you can start to introduce some more carbs and foods back in. I haven't hit the 2 week mark yet though. It is hard giving up potato's and french fries and garlic bread etc, but I've been doing well with it.
The first day was hell, I felt dizzy, tired, pretty dazed. They call that the induction flu, typically it lasts one to two days. This is because your body goes into shock almost since it's not getting carbs. The good news is, when that goes away I started feeling better than usual. Your body starts to burn it's own fat to get the carbs it needs. Thats why the weight loss is so dramatic in the first couple of weeks. Once you start to introduce more carbs back in, you're body has trained itself to continue burning fat for more carbs.
Honestly, it's not that hard, and I have more energy than I used to. I just miss some of the foods, had a "protien burger" today. All the stuff in a normal hamburger, but wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun, weird. And a ceasar salad with no croutons instead of fries. It helps that I love vegetables and salads, but there's even atkins chocolate bars and peanut butter cups for those chocolate cravings. Kind of expensive, but it's not a forever thing.

As for the pencils, they were a good source of fiber but they didn't feel great coming back out
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

found it on my old hard drive!
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:55 AM

Mmmmm tasty.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:44 AM

oh damn dude, I guess I better save a copy of that one now :P Makes ya regular, can't stop the twitching after all that lead though!
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 11:05 AM

Very Important Warning!!!!!!

Some great info on this post. One MUST take GREAT care when using these products and doing cardio. I am a former professional athlete and have used almost every kind of supplement. When you artificially increase your heart rate and THEN start exercising, it can be very difficult on your system. I used the Stacker products for a while and there were days when my heart almost "pounded through my chest".

Losing weight takes discipline more than anything. An overall healthy diet, exercise, and a decent lifestyle. Which includes proper rest/ sleep. (this is a critical ingredient) A weight training/ strengthening program will almost double your efforts. As you increase lean muscle mass, you INCREASE your body's ability/ level at which it burns fat. (ie. you lose fat throughout the day and NOT just when you're doing cardio)

Everyone doesn't have to be a gym rat either to do strength training. Hershell Walker was built like a brick s*#@- house and he only did push-ups and sit-ups. (and cardio, of course)

Hope this helps!!!

Cheers,
JV
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Re: Very Important Warning!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVal4
Some great info on this post. One MUST take GREAT care when using these products and doing cardio. I am a former professional athlete and have used almost every kind of supplement. When you artificially increase your heart rate and THEN start exercising, it can be very difficult on your system. I used the Stacker products for a while and there were days when my heart almost "pounded through my chest".

Losing weight takes discipline more than anything. An overall healthy diet, exercise, and a decent lifestyle. Which includes proper rest/ sleep. (this is a critical ingredient) A weight training/ strengthening program will almost double your efforts. As you increase lean muscle mass, you INCREASE your body's ability/ level at which it burns fat. (ie. you lose fat throughout the day and NOT just when you're doing cardio)

Everyone doesn't have to be a gym rat either to do strength training. Hershell Walker was built like a brick s*#@- house and he only did push-ups and sit-ups. (and cardio, of course)

Hope this helps!!!

Cheers,
JV
What pro sport did you play? Also, Stacker had the most caffeine of any that i looked at. Also also, were you taking it before they banned ephedra? Also also also, were you taking the recommended dosage or did you go beyond?

Just curious
~K
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Vendor

Heck with all this pansy crap, I'm going to take a man's approach to loosing my extra 25 pounds of non-smoking lardass. There is no weight loss system that works anywhere near as well as booting crank! I may loose a few teeth, my house, my business, and some other non essentials, but one look at me back in my 28" waist leathers and I'll know it was all worth it!! I'm ready to go, but, my only problem is procuring the product. Everybody I used to know in the biz is either dead or behind bars. If anybody knows where I can buy some online please PM me with the link! TIA!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode