Xenadrine & weight loss. anyone? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Xenadrine & weight loss. anyone?

I'm by no means a 'fat guy' (not that there's anything wrong with it) But I'm trying to drop 20-30 lbs.

I play tennis 2-4 times a week (more in the warm months) and I've committted myself to eating better on top of that - I'm cutting out fried foods and doing my best to cut WAY down on junk food (i'm a junk food junkie).

I figured that, along with the excercise and improving my diet, take a metabolism speeder-upper might help.

This one had the least caffeine of the ones i looked at (trimspa, stacker 2)- I try to stay away from caffeine when possible.

Anybody had success (or failure) or have any advice on something that may work better?

I LOVE to eat, which is part of the problem. LOL. This time of year, my desire to eat increases too, so this is difficult to say the least!

~Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 05:43 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Xenadrine & weight loss. anyone?

make sure they're Ephedra free. probably will boost your metabolism a bit (speeding weight loss), so if you can do cardio exercise 30min 4-5x weekly it would dramatically improve your result with the suppliment. you'll have to wean off the exercise and reset your metabolism when you get off them imho to avoid the rebound effect which is also lessened with a balanced diet.... glen
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:10 PM

Loving to eat is my problem too, lol. Especially since I'm not 18 anymore, or even 28 for that matter Or even 38....ulp...I'd best stop there I'd be wary to using ANY metabolism speeder-upper Kenny. They are just not good for your heart / overall health. Those type of things are responsible for more heart attacks / high blood pressure and other problems than you might be aware of. Unfortunetly, for me it's come down to WILL power. Like you said, excercising and cutting out the bad greasy / carby foods. I pretty much just eat lean protein and veggies. Its tough, but the alternative is a big fat belly Once you start to see the results it gets a lot easier. I'm having a hard time getting back with it this year. I really splurged over the holidays (can't button half of my pairs of pants Just be careful if you start taking the metol-uppers. They make me feel like crap anyhow. Take the healthy way. You'll feel better and have increased will power

Just my .02
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Definitely Ephedra free.

Once i get to a weight that i'm happy with, i'll wean myself off the Xenadrine and continue to eat healthy and excercise. I love playing tennis and it's great for excercising every part of the body. I don't plan on playing less anytime soon, barring injury (knock on wood).

I'm also taking a multi-vitamin everyday...forgot to mention that.

I'm definitely NOT looking to the pills as "cure all" alternative to better diet and excercise, just a jump-start for losing the weight i want to take off. As I said, once I get to a happy place, i'll just do diet and excercise.

I have no health issues to worry about (knock on wood again)...I'm actually in better shape than i have been in years.

~K

~K
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

BTW, the 'big fat belly' is the problem
After i eat a big meal, i could pass for a pregant woman.
well, maybe a few months pregnant

~K
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:39 PM

There is several programs out there that can aide in helping weight loss.
Have you thought of weight training?
Muscle can help in fat loss, even when not exercising. I'm not talking about being a muscle head by any means, just a sensible diet and workout routine.

I did one several years back where it was six days of 30 minutes in the Gym, and 6-8 planned meals a day of chicken, fish etc.. good carbs and a veggie(following proper serving size)
Then on the seventh day it is your free day...you eat what you want on that day...a whole cake, go for it.
This program helps keep your sanity...instead of stressing about all the things you can't eat, you can stay focused and remind yourself on your "Free day" you can eat that pizza, or whatever.

The key is to write down some goals, and then write down how you will achieve those goals, things that might keep you from them, and how you will get past those obstacles.

I can PM you the info on this plan if your interseted.

I admire your commitment to make a change! Best of luck in whatever plan you choose!
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe
BTW, the 'big fat belly' is the problem
After i eat a big meal, i could pass for a pregant woman.
well, maybe a few months pregnant

~K
LOL...I think there is a little 4 letter word that aids me with the Great fat Belly thing.........BEER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantshore
There is several programs out there that can aide in helping weight loss.
Have you thought of weight training?
Muscle can help in fat loss, even when not exercising. I'm not talking about being a muscle head by any means, just a sensible diet and workout routine.

I did one several years back where it was six days of 30 minutes in the Gym, and 6-8 planned meals a day of chicken, fish etc.. good carbs and a veggie(following proper serving size)
Then on the seventh day it is your free day...you eat what you want on that day...a whole cake, go for it.
This program helps keep your sanity...instead of stressing about all the things you can't eat, you can stay focused and remind yourself on your "Free day" you can eat that pizza, or whatever.
This is exactly what I do Distantshore....although not 8 meals in a day. I love weight training. Started in H.S. and never really stopped. If I do take time off I feel like doo doo....like a weak old lady, lol. Also the eating right thing is SOOO important. Sure love that seventh day.....except all too often it turns into two days What was I saying about WILL POWER?? Time to lift weights....ahhh...there is a 12 ouch weight sitting right here...perfect

ahhhhhhhhh
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

I was really just trying to find out if anybody had experience with Xenadrine, or similar products.

I am not looking to go on a 'dictator' diet where I'm told what i can and can't eat and what. I'm just going to go with moderation and staying away from "junk". I enjoy playing tennis and would defintiely NOT enjoy going to a gym or lifting weights.

I don't drink very much, and when i do it's rarely beer. I never got the appeal of beer, actually.

More power to ya if you can find something to like about it.
~K
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe
I was really just trying to find out if anybody had experience with Xenadrine, or similar products.

I am not looking to go on a 'dictator' diet where I'm told what i can and can't eat and what. I'm just going to go with moderation and staying away from "junk". I enjoy playing tennis and would defintiely NOT enjoy going to a gym or lifting weights.

I don't drink very much, and when i do it's rarely beer. I never got the appeal of beer, actually.

More power to ya if you can find something to like about it.
~K
Sorry I did get a little off topic there..
I did hear from several people that Hydroxycut works real well.
(Though I don't know from personal experience)

I used to take Ripped Fuel that I got real results from, but that was back in the day of the Ephedra,Caffeine stack.
(since outlawed in the U.S.)
I would bet a lot of the fat burners, including Xenadrine have the same active ingredients.

Hope this helps!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

I got on the scale over the weekend and (with clothes), it said 189 Pounds.

I'm not going to get on the scale again until i finish the bottle. 120 pills, 4 a day. That's 30 days.

It's really a huge effort not to eat after dinner is over. I LOVE to snack at night. Meanwhile, I've played tennis everyday since saturday and i'm playing tmw too. going away to Puerto Rico this weekend. That might be difficult to keep the food in check on vacation. we'll see. Maybe i'll be too busy doing stuff to eat.

~K
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 05:51 PM

Hello there,
I would like to shed some fat as well. Last year I had started to workout but then I stopped all of a sudden for no apparent reason. I used to do cardio and weight training each day. that is I was always doing cardio and was doing the weight sessions once in 2 days. I had a healthy diet too.
Now the problem is that I love to eat as well. Especially choclate and coke. I'm 17 and was never a lean boy due to these indulgences. I had lost weight but I'm gaining them back fast. I really want to start dieting and all again but it all seems too hard now
My question is would these chemicals be harmful to me if I used them because I'm still growing?
thanks in advance

Cheers!
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 06:10 PM
rgr

How much coke do you drink a day, talk about harmful...
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 06:24 PM

generally close to 2 lt. this is when not in school. on school days it's a lot less but...
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Chocolate and Coke. Why not throw some Cheez Doodles in the mix too?

I was 17 when i used to eat cheez doodles & Dr. Pepper all the time.

Definitely cut that stuff out pronto. Soda is nothing but bad for you. Chocolate is fine in moderation, just like anything else.

The older you get, the more it sticks to ya

~K
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

When i was in my first semester at Berklee, i drank about 2 l. of Coke a day. I was the most obnoxious A*hole and people were talking very negatively about me. It was a really bad way to kick off my college career. You get out of mom's house and she's not there to limit your intake anymore and you just go nuts, ya know?

Well, i was fortunate to realize that this was a problem and i cut it out right away. I didn't quit soda (mostly) all together until about 10 years ago, when i realized that the awful stomach cramps i'd get were directly related to the carbonation in the soda.

For my 'diet', i'm sticking to water and non-caffeinated clear liquids. i brewed some decaf green tea with honey last night and it's a nice alternative to water, which really does get boring after a while.

~K

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode