Yahoo's Yang agrees to quit CEO post - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Yahoo's Yang agrees to quit CEO post

It is about time. He absoultely made one of the worst business decisions I have ever seen in my lifetime by not selling to Microsoft.

He absolutely SCREWED every stockholder of Yahoo.

His big Ego made him think that he was bigger than the Stockholder and he should be sued by each of them in order to get the money they lost dues to his inept management.

At one point Yahoo was trading at $12.00 per share and MS offered them $31.00, the deal was turned down by Yang so MS sweetened the deal to almost $45.00 per share, shich he again dismissed.

That is a CEO who's ego meant more to him than investor returns.
And people wonder why they are taking hits on their 401K's.
Yang is gonna walk away with BILLIONS, and the people who held his stock and waited for dividends, will get screwed.

WHAT AN ASS******.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Yahoo's Yang agrees to quit CEO post

Yup... this loathsome IDIOT cost Y! stockholders at least 25-$30/share and counting. It is and will remain 3x lower than Microsofts (too expensive) offer. He (and his board) will be a referenced as everything wrong about running a business (when you let ego stand in your way among other things). He lost himself hundreds of millions in the process, it's just he had plenty of cash tucked away already... glen
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Re: Yahoo's Yang agrees to quit CEO post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Yup... this loathsome IDIOT cost Y! stockholders at least 25-$30/share and counting. It is and will remain 3x lower than Microsofts (too expensive) offer. He (and his board) will be a referenced as everything wrong about running a business (when you let ego stand in your way among other things). He lost himself hundreds of millions in the process, it's just he had plenty of cash tucked away already... glen
I wonder if Stockholders can sue Yang or Yahoo for losses on the microsoft deal?

What is amazing now, is that Microsoft is still gonna endup owning Yahoo, at a fraction of what they initially offered.

I read that Yahoo went back to MS and asked them to make another offer and MS refused.
MS is smart and thet will just wait it out and end up paying around $6.00 to $9.00 a share.

Looks like Yahoo moved up on news that Yang was stepping down, but that is just an adjustment to news.

It should comeback down unless they can get some direction PDQ.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode