Yes, I waited. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Yes, I waited.

I just got back from waiting 7 hours online for New York Ranger play off tickets.
It was a ton of fun. I enjoyed it, but waiting there not being able to go to the bathroom or eat sucked. All the aspects of the post season made the wait worth it.
It's good to be back in the play offs. Tuesday nite is an important nite.
Nik

Last edited by IbanezPrestigeBoy; 04-18-2006 at 02:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 07:01 AM

Reviews: 3
Re: Yes, I waited.

What's involved in waiting online for playoff tickets?

I've tried to get NBA playoff tickets online before, but it was a matter of hopping on ticketmaster right when they went on sale and spending 10-20 minutes trying to get through... there was no "line" to wait in.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 12:34 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

almost a decade without the playoffs is harsh in a league where over 1/2 the teams make it. LOL.did you wait at the box office at MSG? whenever waiting you really gotta go with a friend.

jay - you tried to get NBA tickets. Eeeek! ...glen
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski
What's involved in waiting online for playoff tickets?
Me meant "on line", not "online". And I'm thinking a lot of what's involved is hoping on one foot praying for a bathroom
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 07:51 PM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
jay - you tried to get NBA tickets. Eeeek! ...glen
It was the last time the Bucks spent a fortune on a bunch of headcase players and were almost in the Finals (1998 or '99 I think). It was fun... even if NBA is the worst sport on the planet.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned

dude. EVERYONE BAILED on me. I waited by myself. I got wristband number 340. And then i arrived early enough the next day to get one of the left over wrist bands for game 2. So I'm going to games 3 and 4 at the garden.
The garden's play off tix were sold pretty fairly. The tickets went on sale at noon for the genral public, but for any 1000 people with a wrist band, tix went on sale for you at 9 am. In order to get a wrist band, which were given out at 11:59 pm on monday night,you had to be waiting there. I got there at like 5:30 and waited til they gave em out.
My g/f also got tix for games one and two of round two (keeps fingers crossed) if need be.

I'm actually gogin to buy season tix tomorrow for the '06-'07 season. I'm not going to be going to all 44 games (home and preseason), so if any one is interested in a couple of pairs, i'll be glad to offer them to you (if that's even legal on jemsite).

Thanks for letting me rant.
Though Glen and I have only met once in person, I think we'll be talking alot of trash this coming week or so. Even though he's got more to talk about right now then I do.

Let the Quest for the cup begin.

Nik
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 11:26 AM
site founder 0% owner

LOL... you waited but they'll all want to go to the games though (especially if the NYR win a couple of games round1).

Last night must have been a rough one for NYR fans.. the holy trinity of jagr blowing the scoring title, rangers blowing the division and now having to play the devils w/ brodeur playing well.

Next season if you have an extra ticket to a game lemme know and maybe we can catch a game... devs would be great or any conference game.

Today's News had a good backpage (nice to see baseball and especially basketball not on the cover)... glen

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 07:49 PM

Her we go Devils, HERE WE GO!

lol
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 09:31 PM
site founder 0% owner

i'm listening to JD replay on WFAN... he's more of a homer than ever. he says with a straight face (paraphrasing)...

"if the rangers have no injuries this is a pick 'em... a 7 game series"
"Lundquist will match up to Marty"

... glen
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I know I sound like atypical rangers fan, but if the rangers were going into this series with everyone healthy, I would take the rangers in 6. I still think they can do it in 7.
It's also a matter of whether the rangers show up early in the game. Too many times in the past few weeks, the rangers have lied down in the first period or two. Then They'll come on strong and it'll be too late.

I see ity like this. If everyone can play, (kaspar, Rucinsky, Lundqvist etc) the rangers will be okay. Tyutin and Poti have to stop making turnovers, and the Offense has to stop relying SOLEY on Jagr.

Brodeur and Lundqvist will make this an interesting series. The D has to step up, the Power Play has to come together.

Glen, out of curiosity, who do you see hoisting the cup when it's all said and done. I remember you saying you haven't had too much time watch hockey this year, but if you had to make a guess-timate, who'd ya pick?

Later,
Nik
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 01:14 PM
site founder 0% owner

Too many "ifs". Honestly, they had a great season (relative to the last 9 years) but I was expecting the Rangers to collapse down the stretch and that happened like clockwork as teams adjust... your defense is terrible (for a playoff team) and you really have a half a line (Jagr) and the powerplay. I see any playoff team slowing down Jagr and essentially nullifying your offense, which puts too much pressure on your high-risk, low reward defense. This is why you fall behind early now especially against good teams (your record is deplorable against playoff teams since january).

I haven't watched many West Conf games but i do know the goalies there - regardless of their reg. season standings - and they are all totally vulnerable.

I see the winner coming from the East Conf... depending who stays strong on the PP, avoiding mistakes and having solid goaltending.

I would put the Devils as a hands down favorite to hoist the cup (based on two great scoring lines, the best checking line in hockey (Madden line), very solid D and the best goalie).

I'd put OTT a close second (even with a healthy hasek). I see no other team on the same level as those two (last 3 months). I also like Buf and Car over any West team. NYR/Phi/Mon i put in the "no chance" category... glen
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 12:30 PM
site founder 0% owner

bump.

calling IbanezPrestigeBoy.

i didn't watch game 4 yet but that was a clinic it beating down a local rivalry... glen
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

It was embarassing. But, I must say that it was a very good year for us. I'm looking forward to next season.

6-0 trouncing at the hands of the canes makes me happy. Let's go 'canes.... (actually, I'm pulling for buffalo or SJ or Edmonton)
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

It was embarassing. But, I must say that it was a very good year for us. I'm looking forward to next season.

6-0 trouncing at the hands of the canes makes me happy. Let's go 'canes.... (actually, I'm pulling for buffalo or SJ or Edmonton)
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 12:32 PM
site founder 0% owner

LOL. I hope you at least made it to the game. I must say it's somewhat funny that ranger fans are yet again pinning their joy upon a rival (devils) losing.

it's still playoffs but not too early to talk next year... i'd be curious to see how Slats & co. handles the NYR next year because they have a very old team still yet they're not close to being a team to go deep in the playoffs. Your goalie will flatten a bit (if not alot). If i were a NYR fan i'd hope they continue to rebuild, prune MANY european players and not bring in overpaid minor leaguers like Ozolinsh to think "we can make a run next year" because they'll be lucky to make the playoffs without a goalie standing on his head for 82 games... glen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode