Yikes! How much did that bit of carelessness cost? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yikes! How much did that bit of carelessness cost?

A while back we did a show where there was 15 mins between bands. You had to do a FULL set up on stage. So you had your gear ready on a cart back stage, (drums on a rolling riser) then when your time came, you rolled the cart out, mic'd it, and started playing. No sound check. In an effort to save time. I grabbed my guitar stand, with 3 hanging guitars on it, and something else, don't remember what, but both hands were full. You can guess what happened. My $1000 Tele comes crashing down to the CONCRETE. Nice expensive bruise on the back bottom corner. Only visible to people looking at the back. But it was a moment of carelessness that cost several hundred dollars on resale.

You?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 07:07 PM

Re: Yikes! How much did that bit of carelessness cost?

i can proudly say, i have never gone through that kind of trauma. for guitars at least.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 07:10 PM

When I was 20 I had a GF over and we got to "messing" around and rolled right off the bed knocking my 550 over and snapping the neck at the nut. Back then it cost bout $150 to replace the neck.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 07:16 PM

One day the main breaker went out in my studio.........I had a "Friend" who had worked as an "Electrician" before.........He said he would replace the breaker for me and save me lots of money........When he was putting in the new breaker he hooked the wires up backwards.........I had a lot of stuff plugged in when he turned the reverse polarity energy back on...........I lost about forty five hundred dollars worth of uninsured equipment. Drum machines, keyboards,computer,rack gear, ect. .......He does not do electrical work for me any more..............and I unplug everything now when it is not in use or anything is being worked on.

Last edited by Thomas Welch; 02-24-2008 at 07:23 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 PM

My carelessness was letting a friend borrow a digital projector. a couple hundred hours on the bulb and it mysteriously blew.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 10:47 PM

My carelessness was letting my friend borow the guitar I built and then he left it somewhere and it was stolen.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 11:25 PM

My baby cousin, when I was a kid, played drums on my Ovation acoustic with two coat hangers, totally f'ed it up. She meant no harm, so I just punched her in the face 2 or 3 times and all was well.

Of course I didn't punch her in the face, but I was one bummed 14 year old . Now I look for guitars that have some wear and tear on 'em, like my DNA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode