You know what realy grinds my gears.... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

You know what realy grinds my gears....

Ok I've been meaning to post up this thread since watching way too much family guy last week.
This is the thread where we can all vent off the things that realy p*ss us off.

I'll go first.

You know what grinds realy grinds my gears.....

...Those bozo's that drive down the middle lane on the motorway. We drive on the left in the UK that means 1 lane for driving in and 2 lanes to overtake. If you're not overtaking anything WTF are you doing in the middle lane ?!?!?

Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 07:11 PM

Reviews: 7
Re: You know what realy grinds my gears....

LOL Family guys the best (Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons, American dad Expert here lol). Anyway it's the same over here, people drive in the passing lane all the time, regardless if they're passing or not. You'd think they never read the damn book before they got thier liscense.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 07:46 PM

Angry Re: You know what realy grinds my gears....

I actually heard a Randy Newman song on the radio coming back from the beach, lol.

Which reminds me, what pisses me the f*ck off is big egos on the highway.
1) The people too arrogant to get out of the leftmost lane when there going to slow for it. They just grimace at all the people going around them, as if were offending them. Were not trying to spite you! We just wanna GO!
2)People who tailgate the **** out of you in the slower lanes, and when they go to pass, instead of reasonably accelerating past you, they slam the gas and push their beater-a$$ cars to the limit to fly by you, and show the world there pissed. No one cares, you look like a fool, and your civic is about to blow up, congrats. >:0

Lol I got pretty angered just typing that, drove 4 hours straight today. :P

\00/
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonataGuitarist
The people too arrogant to get out of the leftmost lane when there going to slow for it. They just grimace at all the people going around them, as if were offending them. Were not trying to spite you! We just wanna GO!
That one gets me the worst, it's like WTF! people MOVE!
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 08:04 PM

george bush
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 01:48 AM

When Seth McFarlane is to lazy to come up with a origional episode to finnish off season 5 with, instead he has to put up Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story when came out on DVD months ago...WTF?!?!?!
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb
When Seth McFarlane is to lazy to come up with a origional episode to finnish off season 5 with, instead he has to put up Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story when came out on DVD months ago...WTF?!?!?!
+1 ! that pissed me off a little too lol
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 04:20 AM

What really grinds my gears is when someone is tailgaiting the crap out of you, and then they finally pass you, only to pull in right in front of you, and then they end up going slower than you were in the first place. This phenomenon is most apparent when you are using cruise control.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy
Those bozo's that drive down the middle lane on the motorway. We drive on the left in the UK that means 1 lane for driving in and 2 lanes to overtake. If you're not overtaking anything WTF are you doing in the middle lane ?!?!?
True!

I'm about to take my driving test in a couple of weeks and I've been more than ready for quite some time. I drive better than probably 90% of the people on the roads today because I'm at test standard, yet all these jerks see the L-plates and smirk like they're better than you, even though they drive like sh*t themselves...

ARSEHOLES.

Shaun Murphy and Graham Dott being the 2 worst (and lucky) snooker champions of all time.

Oh and EMO kids!
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 05:04 AM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Ok I've been meaning to post up this thread since watching way too much family guy last week.

I'll go first.

...Those bozo's that drive down the middle lane on the motorway. We drive on the left in the UK that means 1 lane for driving in and 2 lanes to overtake. If you're not overtaking anything WTF are you doing in the middle lane ?!?!?

Ben
Yep this is the most annoying thing ever. I drive 75 miles everyday and most of this on motorways therefore I see this alot. It is actually illegal, and constitues as "driving without due care and attention". You don't see many people being pulled over for this, whereas breaking a speed limit set over 40 years ago, when most cars couldn't even reach 70 m.p.h., is perceived as much more dangerous. Yes driving fast is more dangerous than driving slow, but you can't tell me that doing 80 on a straight clear road in a modern well maintain vehicle is exceptionally risky.

My best frind has a way of dealing with this. He drives very fast BMWs, always sports versions always 3 litre engine. He basically undertakes them at a minimum of 120mph, mostly 140mph. Nothing makes people jump back into the correct lane quicker.

Obviously it is incredibly dangerous and irresponsible, but then you haven't met my best mate.
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 AM

How can someone in the middle lane piss you off?

Nick, undertaking is driving with undue care and attention, being in the middle lane hardly is.
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 08:36 AM

Quote:

I'll go first.

Ben
Kick ass show so glad they brought it back .

"I remember the time I outfarted Michael Moore"

Regards

André

post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 10:49 AM

Angry Re: You know what realy grinds my gears....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420
What really grinds my gears is when someone is tailgaiting the crap out of you, and then they finally pass you, only to pull in right in front of you, and then they end up going slower than you were in the first place. This phenomenon is most apparent when you are using cruise control.
Yes, that erks me too. It happened to me yesterday actually.
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420

you are sooo right...that's really stupid...I hate that too
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:28 AM

What pisses me off on the motorways, are the people who think they are the police and have a go at people for this and for that.

If someone is in your way, drive around them then and let them get on with it.

Next you're going to tell me that you flash people who have thier fog lights on, just cos it's illegal. So bloody what.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode