Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Your best concert?

9K views 78 replies 67 participants last post by  Rotti 
#1 ·
Well, what's the best concert you've ever seen?

Alice Cooper wins it for me. That was a mind blowing concert. I'm hoping to see Colin James in January, that should be great also.

#3 ·
Re: You're best concert?

Joe S at a small venue called Bogarts in Cinci in 88, in a 3 piece supporting "surfing with the alien" loudest thing I have ever heard

Eddie VH -1984 tour Hara Arena in Dayton, /Autograph guitar player gets hit in the head with a beer bottle during solo for Turn up the Radio... doesnt miss a beat

Steve Vai Eat em and Smile tour Hara Arena in Dayton

SRV - 3 or 4 times at Hara

Ywinvie at least 3 times at Hara, 1st time he had like 4 opening acts... got squished to the front of the stage...

#5 ·

1.Municipal Waste/Children of Bodom/As I lay Dying/Lamb of God
-every band looked and performed like they were having a blast
-I had the best seat in the house
-Every group played a set of my favorite songs
-Autographs
-met everyone...almost...no henkka. :(

2. 3 Inches of Blood and Himsa
-6 people attended the show
-all were my friends
-got tons of free merch and face time with the bands

3. My 18th birthday party!
-Killwhitneydead
-Bloodjinn
-The Demonstration
-Ekotren
-Nilah

The show was great but the night was perfect!

#6 ·

1-Megadeth, Rust In Peace tour, 1991, Festival Hall, Melbourne, Australia
2-Pantera, Far Beyond Driven tour, 1996 i think, Festival Hall, Melbourne
3-Carcass, Reunion Tour, 2008, Billboards, Melbourne

....yep, that sums it up!!! :cool:

#11 ·

1- Steve Vai, 7-07-2007, Lorca (Murcia, Spain).
Beatiful place to attend to a concert and Steve was so inspired.

2- Dream Theater, Chaos in Motion Tour, Palacio de los Deportes (Madrid).
Supported by Symphony X. Both were outstanding but DT music range is diverse than SX.

3- Adeene, Petxina municipal (Turís, Valencia), two weeks ago.
They were the best local band here 20 years ago. The lead guitarrist resurrected his old 777vsk and performed a setlist with their own songs and some old covers from classic bands (Led Zepp, Deep Purple, Y&T, AC/DC, Metallica, The Knack...). That´s what rock is... pure diversion!

#61 ·

1- Steve Vai, 7-07-2007, Lorca (Murcia, Spain).
Beatiful place to attend to a concert and Steve was so inspired.

2- Dream Theater, Chaos in Motion Tour, Palacio de los Deportes (Madrid).
Supported by Symphony X. Both were outstanding but DT music range is diverse than SX.

3- Adeene, Petxina municipal (Turís, Valencia), two weeks ago.
They were the best local band here 20 years ago. The lead guitarrist resurrected his old 777vsk and performed a setlist with their own songs and some old covers from classic bands (Led Zepp, Deep Purple, Y&T, AC/DC, Metallica, The Knack...). That´s what rock is... pure diversion!
Would have to agree with Lorca, was a truly awsome trip.

#14 ·

The one that always sticks with me was a British band called The Hamsters, back around 1995-ish at a pub in Leeds (The Duchess, for anyone who knows Leeds - I think it closed down a few years back). The band were on their Electric Hamsterland tour so the whole gig was Hendrix covers. Amazing night.

Other notables were Therapy? and Slayer (supported by Machinehead, who went down a lot better with the crowd than Slayer did)

Also saw Satriani on the Flying... tour. Stu broke his bass strap during one song and had to hop around, supporting his bass with his other leg.

#26 ·

The one that always sticks with me was a British band called The Hamsters, back around 1995-ish at a pub in Leeds
That Hamsters are TOP CLASS.

As for my best concert, I'm going to have to upset the guitar crowd and go with The Arcade Fire at Manchester Apollo.

Sorry, just miles and miles ahead of any guitar based stuff as far as a live act is concened, and that's coming from a guitar freak.

#15 ·

Donington Monsters of Rock 1986.

I'm still recovering from it, the Tinnitus is still there, I have a nervous twitch that first developed when Doro Pesch came on stage, a persistent fixed gaze after Lemmy's bass solo and a Bi-Polar disorder when Ozzy dropped onto the stage in a giant chair lift. Other than that I am doing ok now.

Best event ever, well apart from that water into wine thing Jesus did, oh and when I thought Wendy James looked straight at me through the TV, but apart from that…definitely Donington 1986.

#17 ·

Steve Vai 1996 live in Bangkok .. In a small place only 200 people... I sat in the front line. It was my great time for 16 years old boy to see Steve played 1 ft in the front. :)

and Metallica 1990 Live in Bangkok... My first concert I went to. They changed my life. I started listen the music with my uncle, but beofre I like Michael Jackson , Bee Gees, Carpenter ... He took me to the concert. I was shock ... 4 guys playing loud on the stage with black back ground and purple light coming from the bottom... Thats so GREAT !! Goodbye Michael and started playing guitar !!!

#20 ·

Satch at a small club a couple years ago on his Love in Space tour. They seems to jam forever and I was right up on the stage practically.
Also Nugent/Deep Purple/Skynyrd back in 2000 or so. I went to see Skynyrd but I thought DP stole the show. They were amazing.

#21 ·

Andre Segovia on his 90th birthday in 1983. My old man wanted me to see that there was more to guitar than rock.

Van Halen 1984 - my first rock concert. 9th row, floor. we camped out for tickets. One of the best times I've ever had.

Geoff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.