Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Your dream rig vs. Your dream girl

12K views 57 replies 41 participants last post by  Cymbaline 
#1 ·
Inspired by a spiraling conversation with 6fingers I figured I would pose a question to you all:

If given the opportunity...would you chose to have your absolute perfect dream guitar rig (amps, guitars, whatever...the sky is the limit)

or...your dream girl (celeb, the girl next door, whatever)

Just to prove how much of a music nerd or pervert we all are! :lol:

The way I figure it is, some people are happy with the rigs they have...but some of us are always lusting for more! Same thing for women ;)

So...whats YOUR call? Dream rig?...or dream girl?

And make a list, lets all hear why you're making it worthwhile!

#7 ·
Ya, most people's dream girls would probably have a fortune in their bank accounts and be very generous in giving you money, but assuming that this loophole was not a factor and the girl only had money for herself I would still choose the girl.

I'm the guy who's dream rig would be nothing more than a really awesome half stack and a great playing + sounding guitar, maybe a few pedals. You can get that for well under 5000$ if you use your brain. That's probably a lot less then a some people spend on their women, so it can balance out in the long run :razz:

#13 ·
Sorry...last 2 girlfriends have actually been models. Lacey and Julie. Lacey wasn't too bad, but Julie was the b!tch was just trash.

Lacey:

Julie:

I got lots of the "dirty" ones with Julie too ;)

...now that were all broke up... hmmm...

Still...i'll stick with my Mesa, dudes. I'm 24 and i've got plenty of life left to live!

#19 ·
if you chose the dream girl, she would be the dream girl because her personality would match what you're looking for and such. the question wasn't for a hot girl, the question was the dream girl, the entire package....which is personality and looks. how can you lose if you get both in someone? no contest, take the girl

#21 ·
Plus - you can fool around with your rig anytime, it won't get a headache, doesn't talk back, doesn't care if you fool around with different ones and will always leave you satisfied......

of course, I've been married for 20 years so my view might be a little slanted ;^)

#34 ·
All people turn into pains in the @ss after a while, even the perfect ones! Try listening to someones boring crap all day everyday forever and after a while you'll wish you had the rig! Besides that, my wife is just good the way she is! She puts up with all my boring crap every day, that's damn near perfect! ;)

Dream Rig every time!!! :mrgreen:

#42 ·
Dream girl for sure, but I'll ask her out soon.

As for dream rig, I believe that the imperfections in guitars are what make them beautiful, and my current rig is as nice as I could dream of.

I also believe that the story behind a guitar is what makes it unique. Now where is the story if it was all just given to you. 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.