your opinions please - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

3 dogs in your house?

this involves the german shepherd hunt i have been on. i have had dogs all my life and currently have 2 cairn terriers (wizard of oz.) i finally found the breeder i will buy from AND the actual puppy i want. i've already named her and have been in touch with the breeder and was preparing to put downpayment down today when my wife decides she doesn't want a 3rd dog. i take care of them and pay all their bills, along with most other bills. she says we have to co-exist and 3 dogs is too much with our 2 year old son. she also isn't crazy about all the shedding. well, i'll give her that...however...i think she's being a little unfair. i take care of our dogs now: haircuts, bathing, vet bills, you name it. she lets them out in the backyard here and there.

in her defense, there would be the training and $$$, which isn't a good thing, but to her it isn't open to discussion which really is what bothers me. she went so far as saying if i get the dog she will leave. i wanted to remind her the extra luggage is in the basement if needed. i'm still thinking about this. granted, she is right to a point, however, i do all the work. she says when our guys unfortunately pass, then she doesn't care...which, is stupid, since there will still be the shedding thing.

so, if anyone has been in a similar situation, 3 dogs with child, etc, i would like to hear how "difficult" it is. thanks

Last edited by shredmaster; 09-10-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 10:02 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: your opinions please

a very rare occasion.... but the wife is 100% in the right on this Steve. ...geln
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Glen, thanks for your fast response and I appreciate you saying "a very rare occasion."

this is "almost" a situation of g.a.s., or d.a.s., if you will. i have ALWAYS wanted one but being in apartments or a townhome with no fence prevented that. now that we have been in a house with an average yard with privacy fence and a HUGE park less than a block away, the planets have aligned and i found a great breeder but i can't have one. it does make sense i guess, however, VERY upsetting.

Last edited by shredmaster; 09-10-2010 at 10:41 AM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 11:01 AM

Gotta agree with Glen on this one as well, sorry Steve. I'm still trying to talk the wife into letting me get a Mastiff
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 11:15 AM

I have three dogs (japanese chins) & a cat, & a 2 year old. I must say that the 3rd dog wasn't the best choice, but we fell victim to puppy love. Now these are 3 small dogs mind you, a German Shepard is a whole other story. Big dogs are a royal pain in the ass.

Dude, enjoy what you have, don't get the dog. Take the money and buy a new guitar or something. I've learned that my wife is right more than she is wrong. I know it sucks when you get all excited about something, and it may be a big letdown, but there will always be dogs & guitars out there.

I got our newest puppy based on the assumption that our 14 year old dog would kick it soon, but she refuses to die. She's the Keith Richards of Japanese Chins, and perhaps the most expensive dog per square inch you'll ever meet. 5 pound dog that had $5k surgery on her neck 9 years ago. She's had heart failure for 4 years now, and the vet is astounded that she still trots around like a puppy. 6 pills per day for 4 years (one of which costs $120 per 60 days). That's my wife's dog though, so what are you gonna do? My 2 are cheap and healthy .
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, it does make sense, i know, but when i finally have my mind set on something, and i know there is a way to make it work, but then someone tries to put the brakes on....it's upsetting. i just sent an email to the breeder which was very hard to do

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode