Your set list - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Your set list

Firstly, I'm not in a band.... still a long way off that yet, I think...

but me and my mate occasionally get together and have jam and a general chat about guitars, music, gigging etc and during one of these boozy converstaions we decided that we should start learning set lists of songs, which we thought would make us think more seriously about how songs 'work together' and what would be a good set list structure etc instead of just blindly learning songs and riffs

So, as probably most of you guys gig regular, would you mind sharing your set lists so we can see what songs work together or if even what you think an 'ultimate' set list would be

Cheers!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Re: Your set list

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaKing View Post
Firstly, I'm not in a band.... still a long way off that yet, I think...

but me and my mate occasionally get together and have jam and a general chat about guitars, music, gigging etc and during one of these boozy converstaions we decided that we should start learning set lists of songs, which we thought would make us think more seriously about how songs 'work together' and what would be a good set list structure etc instead of just blindly learning songs and riffs

So, as probably most of you guys gig regular, would you mind sharing your set lists so we can see what songs work together or if even what you think an 'ultimate' set list would be

Cheers!!
Hey there Tequila king!

Me and my band are starting a Jam night tonight (sunday) at the Blue Boar on Deansgate in Bolton if you're free.......

Would be good to see a fellow Jemsiter there if you can make it........

Cheers

Max
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Hi Max!

Is this a regular thing? I live about 5 mins walk from the Blue Boar.. i'll see if her indoors will let me play out!

btw Max, you probably don't remember but you set up my very first Ibanez (a 550 that had been really badly set up by the previous owner) about 2 years ago... it still plays ace now!

I'll be trying to come down and see in the next week or two as I have a couple more that need a bit of minor work...

Cheers mate
Karl
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaKing View Post
Hi Max!

Is this a regular thing? I live about 5 mins walk from the Blue Boar.. i'll see if her indoors will let me play out!

btw Max, you probably don't remember but you set up my very first Ibanez (a 550 that had been really badly set up by the previous owner) about 2 years ago... it still plays ace now!

I'll be trying to come down and see in the next week or two as I have a couple more that need a bit of minor work...

Cheers mate
Karl

Will be good to see you Karl

Hopefully as long as it proves popular etc it will be every Sunday night.........

Anyone else in the Bolton area of ENGLAND is of course welcome - but no widdling ;-))

Max
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 08:44 AM

One of my friends has started playing about a year ago, so we get together on the weekend and run through a few songs.

At the moment we are playing :

Paranoid - Black Sabbath.

School Out - Alice Cooper.

Living After Midnight - Judas Priest.

Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - Black Sabbath.

Breakin' The Law - Judas Priest.

South Of Heaven - Slayer.

Enter Sandman - Metallica.

At the moment we are working on Fade To Black by Metallica, Iron Man by Black Sabbath, and we are putting an original together. As you can probably tell, we both like rock and metal

These songs are all great for beginners, and my friend is ripping through them.
It's been great to go back and play a few of the songs I learned when I started out 20 years ago.

The best part of this is watching my friend get better and better. It really is satisfying to show someone a song and watch as it all comes together for them.

Sorry to derail your thread

Rock on!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what is list price on fender thin skin

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode