Your solution to the pirate incident? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Your solution to the pirate incident?

It has the making of blowing up in to an international incident.

Remember when the terrorist took hostages in a theater in Russia a few years ago? The Russian police don't play games, they gassed everyone in the theater, including the hostages. Done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:10 AM

Reviews: 2
Exclamation Re: Your solution to the pirate incident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
It has the making of blowing up in to an international incident.

Remember when the terrorist took hostages in a theater in Russia a few years ago? The Russian police don't play games, they gassed everyone in the theater, including the hostages. Done.

You forgot to mention the russians refused to give the antidot to the hostages. They said the antidot is secret and because of this they won't use it for the hostages. Many of the hostages died because they were mistreated after the incident by the russian medics and paramedics.

Please tell the whole story. If you don't know the story don't start talking bull**** about it.

I know Russia as I live close to it. Russia is merciless.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Your solution to the pirate incident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post
You forgot to mention the russians refused to give the antidot to the hostages. They said the antidot is secret and because of this they won't use it for the hostages. Many of the hostages died because they were mistreated after the incident by the russian medics and paramedics.

Please tell the whole story. If you don't know the story don't start talking bull**** about it.

I know Russia as I live close to it. Russia is merciless.

Dude, relax. I know enough of the story to make my point. You don't negotiate with terrorist. Period. What ever they did with the hostages afterward doesn't change what they did to end the situation. By the way, swearing doesn't make your point any stronger or more valid, it just makes you sound uneducated.

Last edited by Darin; 04-12-2009 at 09:28 AM.
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:14 AM

Smile Re: Your solution to the pirate incident?

Quote:
Dude, relax. I know enough of the story to make my point. You don't negotiate with terrorist. Period. What ever they did with the hostages afterward doesn't change what they did to end the situation. By the way, swearing doesn't make your point any stronger or more valid, it just makes you sound uneducated.
You are right I sound uneducated but I hate when people say good things about authorities killing people. They had the antidot but refused to use it for hostages. It drives me crazy. What's wrong with those people?

Anyway if you want to understand the things deeper listen to Roger Waters - Perfect Sense.

I don't think it is about good people and bad people. I know Michael Moore sounds like another conspiracy theory but there some suspicious things in how things work in the world. Did you ever wonder why so many people watch movies like Zeitgeist?

Peace.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:22 AM

Reviews: 21

Yeah, my first thought was that many hostages died. A quick check on wikipedia notes 129 of 850 hostages died, nearly all by the actions of the Russian rescue efforts. Not a success in my opinion!
You are half-right, though, Darin. The Russians don't play games.
Actually, despite the failure at Nord-Ost, I thought the Russians could be rather helpful in the overall war on terror, given their long war against the Afgans in the 80's and their experience in Chechnya. Unfortunately, due largely to the idiot we had in charge the last 8 years, the Russians have all but reverted to adversary status again where the United States is concerned!
As far as Somalia is concerned, I think folks should start talking about putting commandos on private boats, at least until they get out of the Gulf of Aden. I think this goes against maritime treaties though. Perhaps a special exception should be made until a better solution can be developed.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:23 AM

Reviews: 1

Kill them. Kill them all. I would deeply regret the lose the captain but you cannot play around with these scum. Appear to negotiate to buy time but in the end, you do not pay ransom. That will just keep them coming back for more.

Please understand, not paying the ransom is not about putting a value on a human's life. What it is about is establishing the kidnapping people will not result in ransom being paid. If you do that, they will eventually stop kidnapping people.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:37 AM

Reviews: 25

As far as boats are concerned, just electrify the outside of the boat and when pirates approach the captain can switch on the electro fence and then they can never board the ship....

Tada solved

:P
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I'm not saying the Russians did the "right" thing. Just that somewhere between doing nothing/paying up, and blasting the boat out of the water with terrorist and hostages is a possible solution. Maybe. I'm glad I'm not in the room coming up with solutions. Although my 1st idea is to have equal number of snipers all taking out the guys in the lifeboat at the same time. from a 1000ft I think they can still hit a target. Or.... send several navy seals under the boat with inferred xray thingie and view whats in the boat from underwater, then shoot up through the bottom of the boat. Or....call the captain a casualty and let a drone do it's job.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I'm not saying the Russians did the "right" thing. Just that somewhere between doing nothing/paying up, and blasting the boat out of the water with terrorist and hostages is a possible solution. Maybe. I'm glad I'm not in the room coming up with solutions. Although my 1st idea is to have equal number of snipers all taking out the guys in the lifeboat at the same time. from a 1000ft I think they can still hit a target. Or.... send several navy seals under the boat with inferred xray thingie and view whats in the boat from underwater, then shoot up through the bottom of the boat. Or....call the captain a casualty and let a drone do it's job.
I am sorry I post so much but you really challenge me.

I want to know the way 50 snipers could pull the triger the trigger exactly the same second.

The syncronization might be an issue. I'd like to see such a thing at least in a movie. It would be the most spectacular moment of the movie because such a thing is definitely stunning for me.

Do you know how could they do it?
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
I am sorry I post so much but you really challenge me.

I want to know the way 50 snipers could pull the triger the trigger exactly the same second.

The syncronization might be an issue. I'd like to see such a thing at least in a movie. It would be the most spectacular moment of the movie because such a thing is definitely stunning for me.

Do you know how could they do it?
I thought there where only a handful of guys in the lifeboat. Maybe you could launch a small exploding something in the the water just past the lifeboat which would distract them, and the cue to fire is when just after it goes off. Just a though. Snipers lined up on the deck of a ship a 1000 feet away, even many should be able to pull it off I think. Those guys got "mad skills". Well, in the movies anyway.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:35 AM

Reviews: 21

I think the lifeboat looks like this.

Shooting anything from 1,000 ft away is hard enough. Do it on the high seas?!? Good luck!

I think part of the problem is that ransoms have already been paid in other incidents to the tune of many millions of dollars. The word is out among Somalis that its a scam that could pay off, so expect more attempts.

I think another question is who sells them those Russian AKs and RPGs to the Somalis considering there's a total arms embargo to the country. Russian arms dealers is my guess.
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I thought there where only a handful of guys in the lifeboat. Maybe you could launch a small exploding something in the the water just past the lifeboat which would distract them, and the cue to fire is when just after it goes off. Just a though. Snipers lined up on the deck of a ship a 1000 feet away, even many should be able to pull it off I think. Those guys got "mad skills". Well, in the movies anyway.
OK. I guess you know to have fun.

I have to say in real life situation snipers cannot see each other. Think about the Beslan incident.

If you see the plan of the school and the facilities around you can see there is no way snipers could stay in line. They couldn't even see each other.

I thought you could use hi-tech for that. Each sniper could press a button when they are sure they aimed good. When the buttons are on then the rifles should fire automatically. Each one of them should have the option to cancel when the target moved and it's not in the aim.

Anyway I don't think this could work because in Beslan there was one person with a foot on a bomb. If that man falls down the bomb explodes so there is no way you can shoot them.

You have to think of something else.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Think about the Beslan incident.
Which wasn't covered properly in the U.S. btw. Some great youtube info on that incident though.

As far as the pirates, I'm out of ideas. No wait, a navy seal swim up the the boat uner water, comes up, quickly throws sleeping gas bomb in the boat, then jumps in, throws the terrorist out! hmmmm, well, that's about all I got.

Your solution?
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Done.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 04:06 PM

In that part of the world, as elsewhere, you don't fix piracy at sea, you fix it on the shore by sorting out the political situation and regaining the rule of law. Work to stop it happening in the first place

Violence is always the last resort, and assaults on ships are not easy at the best of times, but when it comes down to it paying to release a captive just ensures that yet more will be taken hostage. You can't countenance giving in and paying pirates off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode