Zakk wylde autograph signing - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Zakk wylde autograph signing

Ozzy is playing here in Halifax this weekend for two shows, and Zakk will be at our local Music Stop for a signing. It's been posted, no film or video to be taken, 1 item per person to be signed, first 150ppl and no guitars, pedals or gear to be signed un less it was purchased at the store, the day of. Or at the store the week of, with a receipt. Thats kinda crazy isn't it, you get to see your guitar hero, and you can't take his pic or have your pic taken with him. Is this normal of most artists, or could it be the store its self. Found the whole thing kinda strange. chef21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 12:44 AM

Re: Zakk wylde autograph signing

Bummer
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 03:18 AM

That sucks. They are really milking it.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:03 AM

Hmm, that doesn't really fit with the "just one of the boys, doing it for the fans" attitude Zakk Wylde projects does it?

In fact, I would say that this is the exact opposite of the opinions he professes to hold.

Rock on!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:11 AM

I know it's quite BS. I have 22 bucks left on my Music Stop/L&M card so I'll get something cheap and have him sign it.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:44 AM

Most Music stores have a no photos policy in the store, but most are willing to bend that rule when an artist appears to at least let you get a picture of/with them.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 08:52 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Zakk wylde autograph signing

That has to be a policy of the store because when he signed stuff at FYE couple of years ago, he took a ton of pictures and signed anything you had. He was there for hours. The store is probably using him for paid publicity but wants him out at a certain point, so as not to spend any more money on him than necessary...Punk Ass Mothers
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 12:14 PM

^ If thats the case, Zakk should tell the store to ease up. They stand to turn a tidy profit from his meet and greet, and if he told them it would only happen on his terms i'm sure they would bend their rules for the $$$ they will surely make.

For a guy that has gone on record in plenty of interviews saying he's all about his fans, this seems a bit off to me. I have read plenty of interviews with him where he talks about "knockin' back some brews" with the fans, but this doesn't fit with that persona at all.

I hope that Sharon Osbourne's money grubbing ways havn't rubbed off on him.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 12:34 PM

Reviews: 3

It's not Zakk's decision. It's the store's.

He could decide not to do it at all. But then nobody is going to get to meet him.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:02 PM

Do you really think they would pass up the chance to make some $$$ if Zakk Wylde told them he would only do the meet if people can take photos with him?

I think you have this the wrong way around. The shop stands to turn make money from Zakk Wylde being instore. When it comes to turning a profit, managers tend to be flexible about things like this when the alternative is no profit at all.

I doubt that Zakk is seeking to screw his fans, but if he put his foot down and told them, no photos, no Zakk, I think they would reconcider their policy.

I just find it hard to believe he couldn't get them to compromise.

Just my 2 cents.

Rock on!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 PM

Reviews: 3

Who's to say Zakk had any part in the decision making process? Chances are he had no idea what the 'rules' were till he got there. He's a busy man!

It's the store's event, they make the rules. Zakk just turns up and signs things.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 01:52 AM

I understand what you are saying, but making time to look after your fans, no matter how busy you are is what earns you more fans.

I'm sure he has done plenty of instore appearances, and has a standard process that is followed when these meet and greets are organized. He doesn't "just turn up". If that were the case he would be exploited at every turn.

When your name and reputation are on the line, you would want to have some sort of say in how things are run wouldn't you?

As I said, I doubt he is trying to screw his fans, but 5 min of organization could have surely cleared this issue up. Surely he has legal representatives and managers to handle this sort of thing.

Hopefully, he will see what is going on and make moves to ensure it doesn't happen again.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 10:34 AM

that usually sounds like the standard rules of a formal autograph signing. But people break the rules most of the time anyway :-)
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 12:47 AM

...rules? Meant to be broken, dudes...Zakk said it himself!

It was an AWESOME event...I'm so glad I went! It was freezin' ass cold, but I got to meet the man himself. No signatures, I didn't care...I got the pics, video, drunken hug and MEMORIES...that does it right there. Besides Zakk, who else ya got as far as legit guitar heros go?

To anybody who has a chance to see him in person, GO...thank me later!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 06:39 PM

Reviews: 1

It's possible that the reason there were several no photo's rules were because someone with the mind to could disect the photos for security weaknesses, or maybe the stores insurance policy dictates that no photos are allowed due to the nature of the stores lay, products, and security. Or hey, lets bash Zakk Wylde!???
Thinking Hurts.

Tags
ibanez dealer , kerry king , music store , paul gilbert , steve vai , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode