Best non-ibanez "rock" guitar manufacturer - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Best non-ibanez "rock" guitar manufacturer

So who makes guitars to rival the jems and rgs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 06:29 PM

Reviews: 5
Re: Best non-ibanez "rock" guitar manufacturer

Hmmm.... perhaps Dean's Michael Angelo Batio signature series? Those seem like something to rival the JEMS, though I've never gotten the chance to play 'em....

But on more general terms, Dean does make awesome guitars for "rock" and heavier music. Just look at the list of signature artists! XD
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 06:34 PM

Ernie Ball.
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 06:55 PM

Carvin,Jackson,ESP,Caparison,Suhr
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 PM

the answer is...NOBODY
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 10:16 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXshad View Post
Hmmm.... perhaps Dean's Michael Angelo Batio signature series? Those seem like something to rival the JEMS, though I've never gotten the chance to play 'em....

But on more general terms, Dean does make awesome guitars for "rock" and heavier music. Just look at the list of signature artists! XD
Meh. I played the MAB model in a store once and was kind of underwhelmed. Not bad by any means, but it didn't feel as though the Guitar Gods of Valhalla were calling down to me to use it as a tool for their divine destruction either.
That being said, it was a long time ago and I was about 1000x noobier than I am now. I probably just wasn't worthy enough to unlock it's power ;O

Seriously though, a fair bit of Dean's current line-up were more or less 'bought out' from other guitar companies. Rusty Cooley, Dave Mustaine, Michael Amott, etc. and I have heard from many places that they don't have incredible quality control.

corpraider's list sums it up more or less, if you add on BC Rich and maybe even RAN (they're custom shop only, but still)
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 PM

+1 on Suhr & ErnieBall MusicMan
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 11:03 PM

Suhr are THE best guitars you will ever play IMO but some people don't like the Modern's shape and others might not like the more traditional Strat styling of the Standard and Pro series guitars compared to say the RG which is a killer body shape.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 12:45 AM

well, I've been searching all these time but it's also sad to say that nobody that I know of make a rock guitar that rival an Ibanez. My first real rock guitar was what 20 years back? And even that was an Ibanez S540 i think. It's greyish metallic in colour with metal volume and tone knobs that is wrapped around with rubber linings and got the word 'CUSTOM MADE' on the fretboard. If someone could have a picture of that guitar.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 05:17 AM

Ive tried many different brands but i always come back to ibanez, best guitars on the market
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 06:05 AM

I've got an RG2550 and a Fender strat i built from parts, i have to say i love both equally for their differences, some of the greatest rock guitarists ever played or play strats
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 11:13 AM

If you are willing to spend the money, Vigier makes some righteous stuff. The neck reminds me of the best of Ibanez over the years. Shawn Lane, both Vigier and Ibanez, seemed to think so in his short but amazing career. When I first tried out the Vigier Excalibur, it reminded me of an 80's Sabre like Shawn's Ibby axe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTLmFTQCPck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi46Zo5bygM
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 06:56 PM

Reviews: 1

I love Ibanez most but Charvel (well old ones anyway) and Jackson are up there
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 08:10 PM

ESP KH-2 NTB and Carvin Jason Becker JB200C......
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 05:50 PM

While I make the following rant, play Alice Coopers 'Black Widow' in your head. I quit trying to MAKE myself fall in love with a Gibson or Fender. For far too long Gibson has been living off their name. I would pick up a Les Paul off the wall and the work around the nut was all jacked up and then I would walk over and pick up an ESP or high end Ibanez and it was without flaw. So I just quit. All I played was Ibanez. Then, I went in to Guitar Center to pick up a midi controller and saw a Music man John Petrucci Family Reserve on the wall. I'd never played one, but being the DT junkie that I am & even tho I had promised the warden... I mean my sons mother that I would be "right back"... I had to play it. Bought it and took it home. It is BAR NONE the best guitar I have ever played. It has the big sound of a Gibson, the comfort of a strat/rg style. The neck isn't too thin or too fat. If I was asked the proverbial "You can only take ONE guitar with you to the deserted island" It would be the Music Man JP series.

Tags
amp , ibanez , rock , shred , trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode