Biggest Influences! - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Biggest Influence
Guitarist 9 75.00%
Vocalist 3 25.00%
Bassist 1 8.33%
Keyboardist 2 16.67%
Drummer 0 0%
Band 4 33.33%
Athlete 1 8.33%
Actor 0 0%
Family Member 3 25.00%
Other 1 8.33%
Carrots 2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 12
Red face Biggest Influences!

This might be fun...

So who's your biggest influence, or had the biggest impact on your life? Not just about music (although that may be the case with most of us), and even if it is maybe it wasn't a musician who influenced (and continues to influence) you! Maybe there's more than one...and please explain!
My top five would be...

1-Ted Nugent (When I wanted to rock and get crazy he was my guy)
2-KISS (When I just needed to be happy they did it for me. Subsequently I toured with Paul in 89, and became pretty good friends with Peter in the late 90's and early 00's)
3-Alice Cooper (There were times I needed to be in dark places and Alice always got me there, I also got to tour with him. A rather intelligent, and altogether different person than what I expected.)
4-Dave Winfield (Yankee Outfielder. He was just such a massive presence, well spoken, and I always felt like all things were possible because of him)
5-My wife (All things really are possible through the love that you share and create with someone. I've never told her no and always tried to encourage her to grow and be the best she could be, and because of that I feel I have too.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: Biggest Influences!

Great thread bro cause this kinda threads turn us more into persons than only avatars

I have 2 big influences in my life =

1- Music
2- Sports

So many bands/musicians inspired me so I cannot point out only a bunch and sports are part of my life since I was inside of my mom.As I love the ocean and I'm a scuba diving instructor she used to joke like I was diving inside of her
I'm a skydiving instructor too,I play volleyball,beach volleyball,paddle,squash,biribol and was a goalie for Sao Paulo Futebol Clube right before Rogerio got in(for those who care about soccer).
Someday around 12 years old I was walking to the school with my beloved MONO 1 earphone small radio and while listening to a station a song started and in the middle there was a distorted guitar solo.
BOOMMMMMM
My life changed.

So sports and music are influencing/leading my life since........forever but I don't have idols and I'm not a fanboy,people are just people,some do things in a better way than others because they put more time and effort doing only 1 thing.If you do only one thing you HAVE to be good at it
In my country playing music and sports will never make you rich but at least I never had a boss and I'm doing what a love since I was a kid so I'm pretty happy about where I am.
In my city my cover bands are well known for the majority of good pubs so we always have gigs to play and pay our bills.
As a scuba diving and skydiving I don't give classes anymore cause only the owner of the school makes money so I do them only for fun.

Well that's it......blah blah blah

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode