BOSS GT-6 VS ZOOM G7.1UT

• BOSS GT-6

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • ZOOM G7.1UT

Votes: 9 40.9%

BOSS GT-6 VS ZOOM G7.1UT

8K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  mi2tom 
#1 ·
I'm looking to get either a new g7.1ut or second hand gt-6 mainly for recording and playing through a small solid state practice amp. What would you recommend and why?

#4 ·
I haven't tried either one specifically. But I have tried very similar units.

I voted Boss. For the simple fact that their reputation speaks for itself. And they are built to last, thats for sure. Any stuff I have owned of theirs has been built like a tank. Very sturdy, and you can rely on it. Which is what you want at the end of the day.

Plus, a secondhand GT-6 shouldnt set you back too much now. What with the GT-8 out and about now.

#5 ·
well ive had a GT6 and i sold it because i hardly played live, and into the recording desk the GT6 sounded terrible sorry,

So i went for the POD XT live, its a lot simpler and cut back but it reminds you that your main goal is to play guitar, not press buttons on a pedal all day.

Havent tried the zoom but from what i hear im not too impressed,

id personally look at a pod xt or a pod 2.0 if you are going into a desk or headphones, on te other hand i also have a VAMP Pro and that thing soudns awesome for $300 bux.... its amazing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.