LOL - you need to say what features would do that... What guitars were close, why weren't they close enough?
In fact that's another "comments to Ibanez" thread altogether
LOL...I just assumed everyone would know. My bad
OK, here's my wishlist for an SL-1 killer:
- 3-piece ultra thru-neck, satin finish- Wizard profile optional
- Ebony board, figured maple optional
- MOP inlays options for offset dots, center dots, mini sharksteeth (ala piranha teeth), or sharktooth
- binding options for neck and headstock
- MOP Ibanez inlay on head No swoosh, no prestige, nothing extra......
- 6105 fretwire.....JC fret finishing
- Alder or Ash wings
- options for body binding
- option for carved top
- H-S-S config (Tone Zone, Paf-S, AN-S)
- VLX-91 switch
- options for transparent 6mm top (choice of 2 or 3 colors/bursts) or a choice of 2 or 3 custom solid colors, matching headstock
- Lo-Pro and associated hardware in cosmo, black, or chrome dependent on finish choice
- STB T.O.M. option- graphite nut
- Angled jack
- Flight case
There were a few RGT's (3120,3170,320) that were close, but the pickup config. blew it.