Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc... - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Which Social Media
Facebook 12 80.00%
Instagram 1 6.67%
Twitter 2 13.33%
Other (usually for any countries outside of North America or Europe) 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc...

What do you guys use most if you use any? I use twitter the most, then Instagram, then Facebook.

Instagram is probably the best for those looking at guitarp*rn, any hashtags (#hashtag) having to do with ibanez I usually look at. I've probably liked one of your pictures or videos before if you've posted on any ibanez hashtags. And you wouldn't believe the number of likes the Chinese knockoffs get. They get mad when I comment that they're fake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 01:14 AM

Re: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc...

I'm probably not a solid source for your data, but I tend to use Twitter the most since I work there. Next up is Instagram, then Facebook, then Google Plus.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 05:02 AM

I only ever use facebook, and i use that sparingly not really into social media cus i'm not very sociable, in fact facebook is and ideal way of keeping in contact with old school/college/work friends without having to do anything or really talk to people. if i had my way and had an unlimited bank balance i would prob move to a very remote location where the nearest person is say 100 miles away, that way the only people i will see are actual friends that dont mind making the effort to see me. as long as my wife, daughter and my guitars are with me oh and new episodes of game of thrones then im happy.

I did take a big step forward 2 weeks ago though and met 3 new people as i joined a band, i wasnt grumpy, you could say i was mildly chatty, so theres hope for me yet.

as for twitter, that just sounds like a lot of hard work, you have to say interesting stuff to get people to follow you, and then you've got to keep at it.

i just have an occasional rant on facebook then wait for people to friend request me and thats it.

Just realised ive turned into a grumpy old man, when did that happen.

I dont understand instagram, isnt that just photos and stuff

Last edited by newblues; 04-22-2014 at 05:03 AM. Reason: instagram
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 09:10 AM

I'm not on any of that stuff. Our band has a FB page but that is it. I do occasionally Skype with family though
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 10:34 PM

Reviews: 1

Mostly FB I keep in touch with family old buds classmates and former teachers and stuff I have twitter but haven't used it in forever. I did use FB and Twitter a lot for my guitar show and I think it helped so they do have a place for sure.
If anybody wanna be FB friends hit me up
https://www.facebook.com/randy.kiunke
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 03:39 AM

Where is the "None" choice ?
I can not vote !
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 12:17 PM

Reviews: 10

I tried Twitter but quickly found it to be a complete waste of time....seemed like it was mostly a place for people to vent and spew venom at each other about s#it that most well adjusted people would realize doesn't really matter anyhow...some tweets share news quickly but the vast majority of the time it's about things that aren't important and if it is important then I would find out about it anyhow....never tried instagram. FB is useful for some things but I've never liked the UI and the 'wall' where people post what they had for dinner, which is also a major time waster...social media can be fun and informative but before you realize it you can can quickly get sucked in and you end up wasting your time on things that really don't matter or help you be more productive in your life...just an opinion
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heep View Post
Where is the "None" choice ?
I can not vote !
Because, like me, those of us who do not use them will be discarded, thrown into the trash, have our names deleted from the history books and even the mention of our names will result in death. The offenders will have their tongues cut out (or passwords revoked).

Judging from what I've seen on the trains here in Japan I should have deleted all of my accounts before they made them permanent. You see, all this socializing in real life has left a nasty crick in our necks. So, resorting to limited characters, free wifi, retina burn and paying for the ability and tools to communicate makes it hard for us to kneel.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 12:56 PM

None.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Well I made the poll based on people who do use it, and how much they use the ones they have.

These media platforms might only be fun to use when you have a lot of friends on them. You keep up what other people are doing really just for the fun of it. People can share funny things, the open complaining is something I myself am guilty of. It's easier to get something out that way.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 02:47 PM

never have, hopefully never will
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 09:06 PM

I was on Facebook before myspace was cool. You had to have a .edu email address. God I'm getting old. Now all the old lady's at work are on facebook and it isn't cool anymore!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 01:30 PM

I use Twitter sometimes, yahoo, face plant, my spice, pentagram, nah, whatever, no I don't like it...
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 01:38 PM

I have a FB account but not with my real name. I use it to troll the internet just in case I want to run for political office one day.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 01:02 AM

I used to be on Myspace and Facebook and tried Twitter very briefly but since dissolving all those accounts I've become much better at playing the guitar!

Tags
facebook , instagram , twitter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode