Fastest Player. - Page 2 - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Fastest Guitar Player.
Steve Vai 46 16.14%
Joe Satriani 11 3.86%
Yngwie Malsteen 81 28.42%
Kirk Hammet 5 1.75%
John Petrucci 36 12.63%
Al Di Meola 16 5.61%
Michael Angelo 90 31.58%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 07:50 AM

Speed is nothing without feel and phrasing. Taking this into acount my own vote would have to go for Signor Pablo Gilbert!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 09:19 AM
dex

I just downloaded and listened to all the tracks with Markus Paus.
LOL.

The point is not playing as fast as you can, but playing MUSIC as fast as you can.
I bet Mr Pablo Gilbert can play nonsence that fast.

Also about 10 years ago a guy from my home city of Sofia, Bulgaria made it into the guiness book of records as the fastest guitar player.

His name is Biser Ratchev and his latest album is called "Speed of Light".
I can't find anything about him on the net, though.
Will ask some friends back home if they can find the album.
post #18 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 02:16 PM

IMHO, Mr. "Fried Fingers" Pablo Gilberto RULEZ!!!!

Tubarão
post #19 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 11:08 PM

I DIDN'T SEE MY NAME ON THE LIST
post #20 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Oh sorry, how could I have forgotten you.. You'll be on the next list : :P .

//Me
post #21 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

"Kevan wrote:

P.S.- Who is Joe Petrucci?

He plays in that band Dream Theatre, I think he took lessons from Steve Via"

I think it was Satriani who taught him.

//Me
post #22 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 10:41 AM

Paco de Lucia

If you guys haven't heard "The Promise" yet by John McGlaughlin, go out and buy it right now. Listen to all the tracks, but most importantly, "El Ciego" with Paco de Lucia soloing. He's insanely fast, maybe not the fastest, but your jaw will drop open.

-Alex
post #23 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 09:58 AM

why Hammett is on the list?
post #24 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Hammet is fast too, from what I heard he was forced to play Vai stylee for 12 hours a day while he was learing from Satch.

//Me
post #25 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 03:25 PM

Does it really matter?!
Faster doesn't have to be better.
I play at a reasonable speed, Im trying to get faster but sweep apegios are really hard for a self taught (for 2 years!) 14 yr old.
post #26 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 04:18 PM

Yeah, I have to say that Rusty is the fastest guitar player I have ever seen........ and that Makita doesn't stand a chance

And most of Rusty's licks aren't your standard picking exercises either
post #27 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 12:03 AM

The greatest shredders I know of when you take into acount the beauty of the music and the speed are Al DiMeola, John McClaughlin, and Paco DeLucia. These guys are so hard-core. They aren't even typically advertised as shredders or fast players, but I am convinced they could own 99% of the shredders out there and they play on acoustic guitars!!! If you don't believe me then download the live version of the song "Medditeranean Sundance" from the "Friday night in San Francisco" album(I think it is called). It features DiMeola who is just a MONSTER who is playing with a pick and an acoustic steel string, DeLucia who is a flamenco player using his HANDS to play rhythm and insanely fast lead, and McClaughlin who I think is playing an electric jazz guitar(not too familiar with him). After being astonished by the speed these guys are playing, listen to the beauty of it. Case closed... in my opinion.

Also, I found this little blurb about Marcus Paus while searching on google. This is pretty funny if it is true...:
http://www.voy.com/88684/85.html
post #28 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud
Does it really matter?!
Faster doesn't have to be better.
I play at a reasonable speed, Im trying to get faster but sweep apegios are really hard for a self taught (for 2 years!) 14 yr old.
Obviously so is spellig.................
post #29 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignorance
Hammet is fast too...
anyone would be fast if you 'play' like Hammett. he's a nice guy and i dont want to offend him, but when he cranks the wah and randomly shreds on those poor strings... oh gawd... it sounds like the 1st time i picked up a guitar trying to imitate Vai in front of a mirror...
ok, anyone's got his own style but he should stop trying to shred, and play more slowly and with more intensity.
post #30 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 07:53 AM

ERIC CLAPTON
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno
why Hammett is on the list?
I agree.

Tags
acoustic guitar , allan holdsworth , angelo batio , billy sheehan , bogner uberschall , crystal planet , eric clapton , eric johnson , frank gambale , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar shop , guitar tech , guthrie govan , jason becker , jeff beck , jimmy page , joe satriani , joe stump , john mclaughlin , john petrucci , john sykes , kirk hammet , mark knopfler , michael angelo batio , michael lee , michael lee firkins , michael romeo , paul gilbert , picking technique , playing guitar , ray vaughan , rob balducci , ron thal , rusty cooley , shawn lane , steel strings , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , string skipping , tony macalpine , uli jon roth , van halen , vernon reid , vinnie moore , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode