Fastest Player. - Page 7 - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Fastest Guitar Player.
Steve Vai 46 16.14%
Joe Satriani 11 3.86%
Yngwie Malsteen 81 28.42%
Kirk Hammet 5 1.75%
John Petrucci 36 12.63%
Al Di Meola 16 5.61%
Michael Angelo 90 31.58%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 04:47 PM

Yngwie Malmsteen, but he is far to hard on the ear... and it sounds s***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #93 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 12:23 PM

Reviews: 3
BB King is fastest. He is really playing like 23409808 notes so fast that it sounds like just one note.
post #94 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski
BB King is fastest. He is really playing like 23409808 notes so fast that it sounds like just one note.
let us not forget mr cucumber guitarist Marcus Paus(sp???)
post #95 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 06:51 PM

Chet Atkins

dont know about fastest , but fast as hell actually. fast with style, not robot-fast like some guitarists i know

he got a killer open string technique. get that cd where he playes with mark knopfler. u'll see what im talking about

post #96 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 06:00 PM

Chet atkins. You sure that aint George Bush ? *Looks closer*
post #97 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 09:24 AM

roflmao sam
post #98 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 09:34 AM

Reviews: 3
Sorry, I'm fastarist.
post #99 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 12:12 PM

well then im fasterister
post #100 of 241 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 07:01 AM

the fastest guys Iīve seen (instruction videos) are Impellitteri and Shawn Lane. Though from the instruction video, what Chris plays is (IMO) totally uninspiring. I wonder how Chris felt after watching the video himself?
The arpeggio section is just beyond parody.
I think itīs ridiculous and serves as comedy and maybe it was intended that way and if so heīs a very cool guy and should be rewarded as a great comedian. If not itīs just a travesty.
Chris playing on the records Iīve listen to is a bit slower and sounds better than the hysterical slurr on his instructional video though.

I love speed and the players who inspire me the most are all very able pickers. Guys like Vai, YJM, Gilbert, Becker etc. could probably play hysterically fast if they wanted to but they choose not to because it makes no sense for them. And they play fast enough (IMO).
When it comes to speed itīs more impressive to me when itīs used as a tool to express certain emotions or to climax or emphasize a part of a song (IMO the way eg. Vai, YJM, Gilbert, Becker play). Unless itīs musically relevant whatīs the point?
post #101 of 241 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 10:03 AM

Marcus Paus was the fastest guitarist in the world, and I think he still is. I know there are many people who attack him for being arrogant and not a good guitarist. Well, those claims are just wrong. I talked with him just before he moved to The States, and he was probably the most humble guitarist I've ever spoken with. He played lots of stuff for me, and his technique was among the best I've ever heard. He could play twice as fast as Michael Angelo, while still being surprisingly clean. He could also play some beautiful slow stuff, and he had an amazing vibrato.
You should remember that he was only 16 when he broke that record, and most 16 year olds are pretty bragging about their skills. He was young and talented, people shouldn't judge him for stuff he said when he was 16, he is older and much more experienced today at 25.
He actually quit playing guitar in 1998, thinking that people wouldn't take him seriously when he played his music. He started composing for classical orchestras, and he is now studying music in the USA.
And about the Mr. Cucumber stuff, that's not Marcus playing, that's one of his students, Håkon Hogganvik. I will soon aquire all Mr. Cucumber albums, and I can post some of it if anybody wants to hear.
If anyone has any questions about Marcus, I'd gladly answer.

-Yngtchie
post #102 of 241 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 01:31 PM

You guys never heard of Francisco Fareri? That guy is fast to!
post #103 of 241 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulseeker
You guys never heard of Francisco Fareri? That guy is fast to!
Yeah , arpeggio nutter , but he cant phrase atall... every time I hear him play a short melody he bends it out of pitch with a weak vibrato / bend
post #104 of 241 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 01:37 PM

Well, i don't like his music to, but his videos are cool to see....
post #105 of 241 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 01:49 PM

Yes indeed

Tags
acoustic guitar , allan holdsworth , angelo batio , billy sheehan , bogner uberschall , crystal planet , eric clapton , eric johnson , frank gambale , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar shop , guitar tech , guthrie govan , jason becker , jeff beck , jimmy page , joe satriani , joe stump , john mclaughlin , john petrucci , john sykes , kirk hammet , mark knopfler , michael angelo batio , michael lee , michael lee firkins , michael romeo , paul gilbert , picking technique , playing guitar , ray vaughan , rob balducci , ron thal , rusty cooley , shawn lane , steel strings , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , string skipping , tony macalpine , uli jon roth , van halen , vernon reid , vinnie moore , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode