greg howe - Page 4 - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: have you listened to greg howe
yes, i have. he's great! 66 73.33%
i've only heard OF him 12 13.33%
who's greg howe? 11 12.22%
i think he sucks, close this poll! 1 1.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 04:10 PM

Re: greg howe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post

GREAT DVD, but to be 100% honest I was a little disappointed by Greg. I don't feel he was at his best. Far too much soloing at the very top of the neck.
If you're referring to the Gentle Hearts tour, I had just read an article a few minutes ago and when he found out he was going on tour, he only had a month to prepare, tons of responsibilities in the states and when he got to Japan, they wanted to do some changes to the songs, add stuff, and ONLY TWO REHEARSALS!
--------------------------
"Guglielmo Malusardi: In effect, it is possible for guitar fans to listen and see you playing live on the "Gentle Hearts Tour 2004" live CD and live DVD, together with Japanese bassist Tetsuo Sakurai, (released under his name) and super busy extraordinaire drummer Dennis Chambers. Let's talk about that tour.

Greg Howe: The live tour was put together pretty quickly, I had about one month advance notice and some of the songs were really complicated, plus you know, at that time I was living in Pennsylvania with a lot of responsibilities, so I was trying to find the time to get prepared for that quickly, so it was really difficult. The experience was fun, but it was not the way that I would have liked to have been featured you know, I felt like most of the stuff they wanted do was featuring me, and I learnt my parts pretty much off the CD and that was hard enough and then when we met they told me. "Well we'd like to change this, to add that, we'd like it if you could take the solo for another thirty two bars." Aaaaaaah, maaaaaaaan, jeeeeeeeeeez..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 05:52 PM

He deserves to be better kniwn
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 01:05 AM

Reviews: 21

Greg Howe is awesome. I have most of his albums on MP3. I wish the Howe II stuff would get released already.
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 01:38 PM

He's one of the best, ever. I think his lead playing was at its best on Parallax, which has hung around my CD players in three different vehicles life spans now lol. I only wish sometimes he had a different approach to song composition, I mean it's fusiony, instrumental solo guitar stuff, I get that, and love it, and his 'playing' is incred, just sometimes (not just Greg, but many other virtuoso's) this style can be forgettable, where say a player like Eric Johnson or Satch may not have THAT level of refined chops but their tunes often have more meat on their bones, so it's a fair trade off. I guess I most like players that fall somewhere in between for that genre (MacAlpine, Vinnie, Satch, even Michael Lee Firkins has some truly memorale stuff).

Last edited by Kabala; 11-12-2014 at 06:37 PM.
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 05:21 PM

Yes, Greg is one of my favorites. I started listening to him back in 1988-1990, whenever his first album came out. I actually ordered his cassette from an ad I saw in Guitar For The Practicing Musician. Listened to that so many times I'm surprised I didn't wear out the tape.

Have all his CD's except his Howe II stuff and the newest (Maragold). Never really interested in hearing him play with a vocalist - just want to hear him & his guitar.

I'd love to have one of those HM Strats like he used to play - the light blue with the maple board.
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 08:40 PM

Didn't even know about him until recently. VERY good guitar player. His signature Carvin will probably be released at NAMM as well
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 06:40 PM

Truly unique and every time i see him play it makes my jaw drop.
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 07:29 PM

Well it's confirmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH-HRu-uD1k
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 10:49 PM

Great player. Love his instrumental work and his new project, Maragold.
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 02:59 PM

Love greg howe, I wish I could get his tone. First album is still my favorite, with Land of Ladies being my favorite on that album.
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 05:41 PM

One of my all time favorites, Parallax changed the way I look at playing guitar.

Tags
fender strat , gary hoey , guitar playing , richie kotzen , steve vai , suhr guitars , tony macalpine , victor wooten , vinnie moore , virgil donati

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode