Jemsite Guitar Challenge March-April '14: OFFICIAL POLL! - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Who was your favorite?
FireEagle 2 11.76%
Kyle Am I 3 17.65%
XR4 3 17.65%
Josephmeta 0 0%
Drew 1 5.88%
Laobi 0 0%
Swirltop 1 5.88%
doriangrey 3 17.65%
fwd0120 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Jemsite Guitar Challenge March-April '14: OFFICIAL POLL!

Welcome everybody! Thank's for the turnout!
In this thread you can vote for your favorite submission! Feel free to leave comments and feedback if you wish, but always be polite!

Once again, a big thanks to our participants!!! I must say, I see a lot of major improvement across the board - super impressed!

You can join the current edition Visit the current edition DEEPFRIEDPLACEHOLDER

Last time's participation - 6
This time's participation - 9
Record Participation - Nov-Dec '13 - 9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 01:02 PM

Re: Jemsite Guitar Challenge March-April '14: OFFICIAL POLL!

Nice job guys!
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 03:07 PM

Fwd0120s was really good! But no fair on doubling the guitars .

Everybody here did a great job. Let's get some VOTES in!!!
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 03:44 PM

I've only listened to a few so far: Drew's, Kyle's, and Fire's I think. All of them were great, and sounds like a bit o' fun was had I promise to listen to all of them tomorrow and vote at least once
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4

Haas delay.

It's an honest performance, but I'll do a vid next time.

Kyle was my fav -- Killer job, man!
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 08:39 PM

I had to listen to them all again... Wow! This is a tough one, but I had to pick one to vote for. I don't want to say who, except it wasn't for myself. So many great entries. Cool to hear everyone's different take on the same backing track. You guys are awesome players... and have some killer guitars, btw.

To whoever voted for me... thanks! You made my decade! I feel like Satriani did when Surfing w/the Alien went platinum... lol! I had an absolute blast doing it and learned so much... Can't wait to try to improve a little on the next one. Thanks for putting this thing together fwd0120!!

Last edited by FireEagle; 05-01-2014 at 08:48 PM.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 07:58 AM

COME ON GUYS LETS GET SOME VOTES UP IN HERE
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 09:11 AM

All excellent, i have made my choice, but it was not easy. Need to make sure i get one in next time.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 08:27 PM

Reviews: 6

Just listened to the others last night. Totally blown away by XR, Fire, Kyle and FWD in particular. Compared to my slapdash baby being hit with cat routine they're amazing. Everyone was fantastic, you were all amazing, just wish I had 8 votes. Really glad I discovered this the other night, when I hear what you guys are doing it gives me a real kick up the arse to practice stuff I've been ignoring and look at the whole approach differently. Thank you all and hats off in particular to whomever got this started, it's a great resource.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 02:42 PM

Ended up voting after all, for one of you guys - figure, there's enough of us that there's no point in abstaining, and there were some pretty cool entries.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laobi View Post
Just listened to the others last night. Totally blown away by XR, Fire, Kyle and FWD in particular. Compared to my slapdash baby being hit with cat routine they're amazing. Everyone was fantastic, you were all amazing, just wish I had 8 votes. Really glad I discovered this the other night, when I hear what you guys are doing it gives me a real kick up the arse to practice stuff I've been ignoring and look at the whole approach differently. Thank you all and hats off in particular to whomever got this started, it's a great resource.
I thought you did a great job on it... I think your pick got the most wear during the track. I totally agree with you... it's a great learning resource and real incentive to learn and practice!
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 09:00 PM

I'll have to listen to all of them again later but fwd, yours is REALLY good. I listened to a few before but I need to really think about who to vote for before I actually vote. I'll do it tonight sometime
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 05:30 AM

Listening to all the different playing styles makes it so hard to decide who to vote for. Everyone is just so good this requires more thought
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 06:13 AM

FireEagle - Out of tune.
Kyle - Your timing needs work.
XR4 - Pretty good. Hard to build contrast over a static backing track but you do a decent job. Try not relying so much on similar licks though. Bring in new elements and sections where you can, like clean, or chordal passages.
Josephmetal - You're out of tune on every bend, and you need to work on making sure your fast passages are cleanly played - your right and left hand aren't in sync and it makes them sound super messy.
Drew - Good, and your vid description makes it clear you know where your room for improvement is. Good job.
Laobi - Your fast passages are messy as **** dude... what were you trying to play at 1:24? Post the tab and I'll try and record a clean take of it.
Swirltop - a lot of out of tune notes, especially bends. You're also sending a lot of the sustained notes in the solo out of tune by hammering them into the fretboard with "feeling". Less strangling the neck, more playing the note please.
Doriangrey - Nice tone but it's a bit dark and muted, any reason? As for playing, competent decent playing, but too much solo wanders off and gets lost, not enough interaction with the backing track.
fwd2010 - You deserve to win this for attempting to interact with the backing track and create sections a little, even if you did **** up your tapping at 1:08.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 06:20 AM

Look who's back to just say lots of bad stuff about everyone and act like he's all high and mighty. Unless you are some super pro that tours the world, quit bashing people man. You may think of it as "trying to help" but you're coming off as pompous. You could try to be cordial when giving criticism you know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode