Jemsite Guitar Challenge May-June '14: OFFICIAL POLL! - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Who was your favorite?
wilch and wilch 4 44.44%
Laobi 1 11.11%
satch_jr 2 22.22%
FireEagle 1 11.11%
kRoG570 1 11.11%
fwd0120 2 22.22%
vaibag 2 22.22%
doriangrey 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Jemsite Guitar Challenge May-June '14: OFFICIAL POLL!

Welcome everybody! Thank's for the turnout!
In this thread you can vote for your favorite submission! Feel free to leave comments and feedback if you wish, but always be polite!

Once again, a big thanks to our participants!!! You guys are getting better each time!

You can join the current edition Visit the current edition HERE

If I made any errors, please let me know!

Last time's participation - 9
This time's participation - 8
Record Participation - Nov-Dec/April-May 2013/14 - 9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 10:21 PM

Re: Jemsite Guitar Challenge May-June '14: OFFICIAL POLL!

Great job everyone! Gave Dorian the vote on this one. Fantastic work, dude!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 10:55 PM

I enjoyed listening to all those, some great playing going on there. I went with Dorian also.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 01:03 AM

Reviews: 10

Thanks guys - I really really appreciate the positive feedback!!! It's always a bit scary posting your playing somewhere like this because there are so many great players here on Jemsite but it's also fun to challenge yourself =] These Jemsite challenges are great fun!

I haven't had a chance to listen to the other submissions yet but I'm looking forward to going through everyone else's tracks on Sunday when I finally get a day off...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 10:13 AM

Great playing from everyone again... I was working on the other June track and forgot all about this one

I couldn't pick just one favorite track. It was a complete toss up for me, so I gave a vote to everybody...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 02:34 AM

Reviews: 10

Hi guys, I finally had a chance to listen to all of these submissions and here are my thoughts:

Wilch - probably the most unique submission with some very interesting note choices and harmonies…your video was very cool too…I have no idea how you superimposed yourself…or was that your evil twin ;o)

Laobi - great track with some very cool arpeggios and legato sections..I think your guitar could have been higher in the mix for my liking…but that is a minor suggestion because the playing was great

Satch Jr - your playing is great here as always…it seemed like you played aggressive with this track and I liked it….including some killer whammy bar licks in there

FireEagle - probable the most melodic submission, to my ears, and I liked your tapping... and the flanged tone that started around 1:46 was killer

kRoG570 - killer playing and your alternate picking was stellar…I wish I could alternate pick like that…very nice work

fwd0120 - maybe the best tone to my ears out of all of the submissions…tone is so important and I really liked your tone here Frank…a really great track overall

Vaibag - wow, man you really went for it - right out of the gate you were going for it! your playing was fearless and you threw all kinds of techniques in there…

I think the parity on this one was very close because I think all of the submissions had great moments and I really had a hard time only voting for one but after listening carefully to all of the tracks (more than once) I went with fwd0120 on this...Frank I really dug your tone o this track…crisp, clear and cutting and I thought you played some really great licks in there.

nice job everyone!!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 PM

Reviews: 2

I voted for wilch on this one. I enjoyed the harmonies, they were well done. Melody was cool, as well.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therightjem View Post
I voted for wilch on this one. I enjoyed the harmonies, they were well done. Melody was cool, as well.
Thanks very much man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
Hi guys, I finally had a chance to listen to all of these submissions and here are my thoughts:

Wilch - probably the most unique submission with some very interesting note choices and harmonies…your video was very cool too…I have no idea how you superimposed yourself…or was that your evil twin ;o)
Thanks for the feedback! It was my evil twin, I keep him locked up and bring him out for occasions like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode