Line 6 Haters... - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Do YOU like line 6?
Yes i like line 6. 5 62.50%
No they are the worst amps ever. 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Line 6 Haters...

Hey guys, Im newly joined so go easy on me...

I asked this question at the "marshall forum", but those guys were sooo far up their own asses they just ****ted on me assoon as I opened my mouth and uttered the words "line 6". theyre a bunch of *******s over there... hopefully you guys are much better!

Ive noticed a trend with forums, especially this one, that seems to be alot (and i mean ALOT) of people bad mouthing line 6 with remarks like "line6 is for n00bs" and that there only "bedroom amps for kids".

I seriously dont understand it.

Ive got a line 6 spider IV, a line 6 vetta, and marshall valvestate (so i know Im not biased in any way shape or form), and I must say that both the line 6's TRAMPLE the valvestate, not only in sound, but also in reliabitiy. My vetta has only crashed ONCE, but with the valvestate, (which is a tube amp) the tubes go and need repacing. Its like a light bulb, i dont feel how it makes it better. If it sounded better it would maybe be worth it, but as i already said, both line 6's PWN the marshall in the ****ING BALLS. Right in the ****ing balls....

People who are ****ting on line 6 really seem to be closed minded sheep.

Im playing through an Ibanez RG350 which is a decent guitar, so i know it isnt that, it must be the amp. Ive played a marshall MGD100 or something like that in a guitar shop and it sounded WORSE than the valvestate, and that was a STACK! WTF is going on guys? I use the spider for home use (yes in the ****ing bedroom, kill me) and the vetta in the garage and live. I can get litteraly every sound out of it and has MUUUCH more gain than any marshall ive tried, PLUS effects! From what ive been told from friends and the guys at the guitar shop is that having a line 6 is like having every amp ever made (and more) in one amp. And I agree, why everyone ****s on them is beyond me, they sound better than EVERY amp ive ever tried.

My band agrees with me. I can get more gain than ANYTHING else. it SCREAMS! Why metal bands dont use these more often (i think nine inch nails use them) is beyond me. I think its because of sponsers and endorsing and all other mush like that. **** me dude. music isnt music anymore! its just become football with all these people selling out to their sponsers instead of using the gear they want!

What are your guys thoughts??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
ME.

Re: Line 6 Haters...

That's great man.

Could you post some pics of your all valve Marshall Valvestate. Never seen those in real life before.

Thanks
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Reviews: 10

From what ive learned in the music community, you like what you like and who cares if people dont like it.
I do prefer my line6 over most other amps ive tried but i dont need to be Reassured that My BRAND choice has the edge over the competition.

"music isnt music anymore! its just become football with all these people selling out to their sponsers instead of using the gear they want!"

i disagree, Music is still music and these people SELLING OUT are people who have trust in their brand they chose to stick with, Forgive them for making money (if that<-) for choosing a brand they like and endorsing that brand.

Just my opinion<--
-BV
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:09 PM

Reviews: 1

Beauty is in the eye... well ear in this case... of the beholder.

Everyone has his own personal choices and sound options. If this didn't exist we'd all be running the same rigs.

Me? I prefer the ENGL voicing over a Marshall and any Line 6. But that's just me. If you like your sound, fine, good for you.

P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallmarksuck View Post
Hey guys, Im newly joined so go easy on me...
Nice first post... *Sarcasm*

Last edited by Zgicc; 05-27-2010 at 01:14 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallmarksuck View Post
Ive noticed a trend with forums, especially this one, that seems to be alot (and i mean ALOT) of people bad mouthing line 6 with remarks like "line6 is for n00bs" and that there only "bedroom amps for kids".
wow, you sure know us well - 1 post (this one) and you're not only already spotting trends, but trends that are particularly blatant here as opposed to other places.

Line 6 is great if you like it, and not great if you don't. Harldy worth getting your panties in a bunch over. Most people who like modelers in general seem to think the Ace-Fx blows the Line 6 away though. And most people here don't give other people a hard time over what they use - despite your questionable trend spotting ability.

Finally: If you need to repeatedly use words that our filter catches and removes to make your point, maybe you should grow up a bit before posting here again. You come off as a troll, and an immature one at that.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

i use a line6 flextone111,nice amp.it needs reparing at the moment and the guy thats going to fix it says hes had loads of line6 amps to fix.so not to good on reliability by sounds of it
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME. View Post
That's great man.

Could you post some pics of your all valve Marshall Valvestate. Never seen those in real life before.

Thanks
FFS I cant post links or pics...
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
wow, you sure know us well - 1 post (this one) and you're not only already spotting trends, but trends that are particularly blatant here as opposed to other places.
Just because Im newly JOINED doesnt mean Im not newly VISITED, Im a long time reader of most forums, but only a member of a few...

Quote:
Line 6 is great if you like it, and not great if you don't. Harldy worth getting your panties in a bunch over.
Im not getting my "panties in a bunch" mate, Im getting pissed off at everyone treating line 6 and line 6 users like a bunch of immature kids...

Quote:
Finally: If you need to repeatedly use words that our filter catches and removes to make your point, maybe you should grow up a bit before posting here again. You come off as a troll, and an immature one at that.
jeus dude, what the hell is wrong? I came over here, abided by the rules, posted in the right section etc, and you seem to have a problem with it. Why? Why am I coming off as a troll? I have a valve amp (the valvestate) so I know Im not biased, and I wanted to hear you guys opinions. If words offend you, grow thicker skin...
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned

its like this if it sounds good to your ears then buy it.take no notice of anyone what they says cos every amp under the sun gets slagged.you could buy a messa boogie top of the range $$$$ worth and someone will say its rubbish.if its nice on YOUR EARS then buy it.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:57 PM

Reviews: 57

I have to say I've recently been pretty surprised by a Line6 amp. I tried one a few years ago and wasn't overly impressed, they've definitely improved over the years.

For me, they're not a gigging amp, or something I'd use to record anything important, but they definitely have their uses. (note: I said For Me).
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I DO! its the other people out there who are blinded by brand name, logos etc and other peoples opinions, but it gets soooo annoying when everyone SH1TS on line 6 and its users, I HATE THAT STUFF. If tube amps sounded better I would use then and their reliability issues would be worth it, but they dont, so i dont. if people were like that and just not wanting to look cool on stage the world would be a better place.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Who has been bashing Line 6 here? Until this thread I had no clue that people hated them.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
Who has been bashing Line 6 here? Until this thread I had no clue that people hated them.
there a snide little comments out there CONSTANTLY, whenever line 6 is mentioned theres always some smart ass who bashes them, it pisses me off.....
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:15 PM

Well I would say as a long time member here that overall people here are pretty laid back and don't across the board bash anybody for their choices.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:17 PM

I personally don't like line 6 gear. I've had some and sold it all. I'll take a UK built Marshall over a line 6 anytime.

So you have a bottom of the line Valvestate Marshall, eh? Those aren't all tube Marshall amps. They're just an entry level hybrid. Play through a real amp someday and come back to us.

The Line 6 has no where near the dynamic range of say a Fender on the clean settings, no where near the grunt of a JCM800 or the fluid feel and articulation of say, a Soldano SLO.

I won't bash Line 6 though. They have their uses and applications and they can be a fun tool to have around.

Last edited by Project.Music; 05-27-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
line 6 haters

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode