Quik opinion poll about tremolo's, your opinion would be greatly appreciated. - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: What tremolo would you prefer on your signature guitar?
Ibanez EDGE series 15 55.56%
Floyd Rose Schaller 0 0%
Floyd Rose Original 1 3.70%
Kahler Hybrid 7200 0 0%
Kahler Hybrid 7300 2 7.41%
Bigsby series 1 3.70%
Stratocaster/PRS style. 1 3.70%
Fixed Bridge 5 18.52%
None of the Above (please leave a comment.) 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Quik opinion poll about tremolo's, your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Hallo Friends and fellow guitar enthusiasts,

I am a luthier from the Netherlands.
And work on high end Rock and Metal guitars.

I am doing this poll to get YOUR opinion on THE BEST TREMOLO'S FOR HEAVY USE. So in the options below just let me know what tremolo you would prefer on YOUR signature guitar.

Also if you have a more detailed message/opinion/point by point dissection, or a particular bad experience or particular good experience with a tremolo (listed or unlisted). Be sure to leave a comment below.

Your help is deeply appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 10:44 AM

Re: Quik opinion poll about tremolo's, your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

I do play heavy music but don't use trem too much and don't like the fuss of locking nuts so I have a Bigsby B50 and the Grover locking machine heads make it tolerable. If I had to use trem more then I would choose the Kahler since it takes to palm muting better than any other locking trem on the market. Here's a good use of the Kahler :

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...Fcs9Qgodzl***Q

http://www.glguitars.com/instruments...itars/rampage/
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Quik opinion poll about tremolo's, your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to Use and abuse the trem of a guitar, I think it stays in tune best when the strings are locked at both ends, so a locking nut and trem are pretty much essential in my experience.

A good quality locking trem of any brand will hold tune well, but some are more ergonomically designed than others. This is where, imho, that the Edge series of bridges is an improvement over the OFR style bridges.

Even the EBMM bridge on the Petrucci model and the PRS bridge, as good as they are, good out of tune more easily than a good double locker. (But actually I've found them more stable than some cheaper double locking trems.)

If you want to play some of today's styles of the heaviest music though, a fixed bridge would be more apt, and the Schaller Hannes model is what I would go for if i wasn't having a whammy bar.
jono is online  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
If you want to Use and abuse the trem of a guitar, I think it stays in tune best when the strings are locked at both ends, so a locking nut and trem are pretty much essential in my experience.

A good quality locking trem of any brand will hold tune well, but some are more ergonomically designed than others. This is where, imho, that the Edge series of bridges is an improvement over the OFR style bridges.

Even the EBMM bridge on the Petrucci model and the PRS bridge, as good as they are, good out of tune more easily than a good double locker. (But actually I've found them more stable than some cheaper double locking trems.)

If you want to play some of today's styles of the heaviest music though, a fixed bridge would be more apt, and the Schaller Hannes model is what I would go for if i wasn't having a whammy bar.
Great I will remember that.

And that Schaller Hannes would be fabulous too.
It looks so incredible.

I don't want to make the Jem site X rated, but if I could find a women as beautiful as that schaller, I would do things to her that were illegal in at least 30 states XD.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 12:41 PM

Reviews: 10

I picked Ibanez Edge but to be more specific I like the Edge Zero the best. I have 3 OE bridges and 2 EZ bridges and the ability to have a locking trem that still lets you bend strings without others going out of tune is a huge plus that take the EZ beyond the OE in functionality...plus I like the feel of the EZ better than the OE...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 12:55 PM

I voted for a fixed bridge, although of the trems I have used, I liked the Shaller Floyd on my old Charvel.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 01:21 PM

The Gotoh 1996t is also amazing! Suhr puts it on some of their guitars. I abuse my trem relentlessly and it's ALWAYS in tune.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 12:51 AM

Reviews: 120

Gotoh for sure, it's the best out there on build, quality and price.

Tags
dean , guitar , ibanez , opinion , tremolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode