Satch .....Vai.,., - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Satch .....Vai.,.,

Just thought Id start this thread,..both these guys are awesome ,..I really got into Vai back in the crossroads,..PnW days ,..but now I am prefering Satch ,.and I dont see much about satch as opposed to Vai on the net ,..
just thought it would be interesting to see your guys thoughts on this one
Cheers,..T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 08:30 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Satch .....Vai.,.,

Do you mean which one of them is preferred ? or are you talking about technique or songwriting?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Oh no, not again.
Musicians are unique, why comparing them?
Just enjoy them.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 11:47 PM

Reviews: 15

Where's the poll? And what about Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci, Steve Morse, etc.? Ay carumba!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Deluciano View Post
Just thought Id start this thread,..both these guys are awesome ,..I really got into Vai back in the crossroads,..PnW days ,..but now I am prefering Satch ,.and I dont see much about satch as opposed to Vai on the net ,..
just thought it would be interesting to see your guys thoughts on this one
Cheers,..T
Tommy, learn to punctuate your sentences, please! What you have to say is great, but your posts are so hard to read. Remember, you're posting on a forum, not texting on your phone!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

To answer your question though, it just goes in cycles depening on who's releasing new work, or new gear and who's on tour and who's on vacation... Both of these guys are in their 50s now, so might want to slow down a bit and have some time away from the media!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Tommy, learn to punctuate your sentences, please! What you have to say is great, but your posts are so hard to read. Remember, you're posting on a forum, not texting on your phone!
cool mate ill do my best.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverctr View Post
Where's the poll? And what about Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci, Steve Morse, etc.? Ay carumba!
no probs,I guess the poll was who you prefered out of the 2 ,.joe or steve.its joe for me at the mo .
cheers T
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Thank you............thank you..............thank you and...............thank you
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Thank you............thank you..............thank you and...............thank you
Thank you ,...
and yet no ones said who they prefer out of the 2 ,as you said why not just enjoy them ,..good point 6
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 07:28 AM

As of today my top three guitarists are:

First Place goes to: Gregg Howe
Tied for second place are: Nuno Bettencourt & Steve Vai
Third Place goes to: Joe Satriani

All that can change tomorrow.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Reviews: 2

Hard to say one or the other. I love the way Steve Lukather plays, it's just amazing. I also like Michael Lee Firkins first record, Or George Bensons frazing. Satch is great and so is Vai, sometimes you want to listen to one style and the next day another style. Am just glad there is so meny good musicians around so that we all don't have to listen to just one guitarplayer all the time.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 01:30 PM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
To answer your question though, it just goes in cycles depening on who's releasing new work, or new gear and who's on tour and who's on vacation... Both of these guys are in their 50s now, so might want to slow down a bit and have some time away from the media!
I was planning to type to exact same thing!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 04:36 PM

vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai vai
dave weiner? lol
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 09:44 PM

I always liked Greg Howe's playing, but there are so many great players with such different styles I find it hard to pick a favourite sometimes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode