OF THESE 7 GUITARISTS, WHO IS BEST AND WHY??? - Page 10 - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: OF THESE 7 GUITARIST, WHO IS BEST, AND WHY??
Jimi Hendrix 45 15.05%
Eric Clapton 16 5.35%
Eddie Van Halen 29 9.70%
Randy Rhodes 27 9.03%
Steve Vai 168 56.19%
Stevie Ray Vaughan 14 4.68%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 145 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 12:21 PM

Re: OF THESE 7 GUITARISTS, WHO IS BEST AND WHY???

vai is the most versatile.

rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 145 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 12:50 PM

Thumbs up Re: OF THESE 7 GUITARISTS, WHO IS BEST AND WHY???

Jimmi H, ... could you think how jimmi would of sounded on UV7 or Jem, JS today? ... wow he would blow you away on anyone of them guitars used by todays players, you can't beat the Voodoo mojo man!

all the players in this pole are great.
post #138 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 01:14 AM
HSH

Vai has the passion, the soul of the others, but way more chops. Plus, more musically literate than the others. Maybe not as pioneering, but as a player, stands tall above the rest, imho. And c'mon, his voice isn't THAT bad. At least his timing and intonation are on, and tone isn't too bad. Not a screaming metal singer, but he's more than a metal player. Like Zappa once said, he's a musician who's main instrument happens to be the guitar.
post #139 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 12:51 PM

As for the preferred one, I'd have to go with Rhandy and the seventh shredder....

Rhandy:
If you ever look at some of the stuff he used to do with Ozzy
and with out, he really was versatile.....
I remember being a kid and watching him on TV once doing a 5 min
guitar solo live and he started from the neo-classical to the screamy meamy
frampton soundish tones and it literally made my hair stand on edge.
Also the very first time I listened to Surfing did the very same thing so yeah
these guys are all great but Rhandy is for me today.

So So - Underated Gurus: (Seventh player) LOL
Even players like Vito from White Lion, Micheal Angelo, Mr. DeMartini from
Ratt, Nuno or even
Schenker from the scorpions are deadly guitarists who each bring
in their own style to the table.

Good times.....

Oh Yah then there's me, Just kidding, LOL
post #140 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 12:58 PM

Sorry, but I can't stand Clapton electric playing, WAY WAY WAY too overrated IMHO. Strangely enough, I'm really into his acoustic stuff though.

And where the hell is Pablo on that list?!
post #141 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 01:00 PM

Oh yeah and who is the best out of those guys?

Jimi for innovation, Vai for the tunes
post #142 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 01:56 PM

Wink Re: OF THESE 7 GUITARISTS, WHO IS BEST AND WHY???

Jimi made Vai's playing possible & many players like Vai

(Vai & Joe said so)

I like all the players in this poll but i voted for Jimi as always, you just can't beat the Original VooDoo Magic MoJo Man.

RIP Jimi, Randy & Stevie.
post #143 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 07:44 PM

Ok so heres the deal:

Vai obviously is a great guitarist, i love his style, i find he really connects with his instrument very well and plays so effortlessly. I only like a handfull of his songs tho, although i have his entire discography. The most inmpresive thing i have ever seen from him is when he plays the three necked JEM in the G3 concert as an intro to "you're here".

SRV is a great bluesman, had a good voice but i find his playing extremely repetitive. I find his Pentatonic - alitly [/made up word] too boring at times. The way he picks and bends the strings and all is almost copied from song to song. Although i love the "feel" he puts into his songs.

EVH is a goddamn "pop" singer equivalent also. That is the only reason he will be remembered more then Vai. "IIIII CAAAANT STOPP LOVVVVING YOUUUU!!". (ok maybe a bit exagerated there but you get the point)

Clapton, never really listened to much of his stuff. Watched a few of his concerts and i enjoy his sound.

AND WHERES THE SATCH!?.....I enjoy Satriani's music above everyone on this list. His musicality unsurpased.

Malmsteen is good but goddamn it there is only so much i can take of him. When he is playing a composition of his it is great. I love the whole neo classical thing he does although sometimes i just have to turn it off..... "Far beyond the sun" FTW!

Hendrix......welll......its Hendrix so ya! I dont particularly enjoy his music but he is a legend. And i dont care what anybody says, if he "didnt do what he did" as alot of you have said, someone else would have done it sooner or later.
post #144 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 08:34 AM

It's not just guitar playing but what they created with guitar - songwriting. My vote goes to Jimmy Page. But in the end all these guys are great at what they do.
post #145 of 145 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 08:56 AM

Cool Re: OF THESE 7 GUITARISTS, WHO IS BEST AND WHY???

Let's all go and vote in the favorite pet poll insted of this pointless poll. someone told me once at a gig that guitar players suck because they like guitar player and not music. a matter of semantics I guess but reading this thread makes you think that he might have a point. All of the guys on the list are great musicians and everyone that considers himself as a serious guitar player should be familiar with their music. Of course vai will get most of the votes on "jemsite". So do what I did and vote for the squirrell. you will feel better, trust me :-).

Tags
andy timmons , david lee roth , distorted tone , distorted tones , eddie van halen , electric guitar , eric clapton , eric johnson , fender strat , frank gambale , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar playing , jason becker , jeff beck , jimi hendrix , jimmy page , joe satriani , leo fender , les paul , locking tremolo , nigel tufnel , paul gilbert , pearl jam , playing guitar , randy rhoads , ray vaughan , richie kotzen , scott henderson , shred machine , steve lukather , steve morse , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , stevie vai , strat style , strat style guitar , van halen , white lion , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode