The Ultimate Amplifier Poll 2 - Page 6 - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: What amplifier do people own?
Marshall 61 26.18%
Mesa Boogie 65 27.90%
Fender 27 11.59%
Peavey 35 15.02%
Laney 14 6.01%
Orange 7 3.00%
Engl 9 3.86%
Rivera 3 1.29%
Randall 8 3.43%
Genz Benz 1 0.43%
Crate 11 4.72%
Line 6 26 11.16%
Other 69 29.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 09:44 PM

Re: The Ultimate Amplifier Poll 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister CCJ View Post
So Mesa is on top here, so whats to say about them sounding muffled? Every clip I hear of a rectifier be it a roadster roadking etc. they sound so dull. Can they really be that bad? Also are they really suitable for lead playing or just rhythm?
Listen to Petrucci's solo on "In the Presence of Enemies: Part 1" on Systematic Chaos. Tell me that tone isn't perfect.
smitty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 10:14 PM

I used to have a Mesa, but I had to sell it to relocate across the Pacific. It was awesome, great tone and everything. But, I don't think that it's the only tone. There are so many that I don't think I could just choose one amp if I had unlimited resources. I think there are probably at least 10 super tone machines out there, and then a whole bunch of niche tones too.

Right now on my budget and in my apartment it's all about modeling amps. Or the mini colossal but that is an expensive tiny amp. It's 60,000¥ thats about $600. Too much for a person that only plays in his room now. And if I were still gigging it would be too much because I could get a bigger more powerful amp for a little more and sound great.
post #78 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 10:25 PM

Mesa is 1 vote behind "other". I didn't realize we had so many Mesa die hards around here. Cool
post #79 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 04:32 PM

How about a Smokey Amp? I saw one of these on YouTube once, and I thought it was pretty funny. It's a cigarette pack that has been converted into a small amplifier.

http://techdigest.tv/2006/07/smokey_amp_the.html
post #80 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 02:00 AM

The best amp that is currently available new from a manufacturer imho is the Bogner Ecstasy 101b. I had the chance to play through one once and it was easily the best amp not only in the store, but the best amp I have ever heard. I plugged into it at WildWestGuitars and they had some serious amps there, like Boogies, Matchless, Marshall's, and whatever, just about every top end and boutique amp possible, and the Ecstacy was the sweetest amp in the store. I plan on ordering one someday with a custom grill and various options, and they even come with a lifetime warranty if you buy new. They are pricey, but for me that would be the last amp I would ever buy especially with the lifetime warranty.
post #81 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 02:32 AM

Egnater. MOD series is you're rich, TOL series if you want to save a bit of dough.
post #82 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 04:31 PM

Atomic Reactor baby. Nothing beats the ability to have the versatility of the pod xt with the tone and power of an all tube amp.

Tags
boogie dual rectifier , boogie triaxis , boss pedal , boss pedals , dual rectifier , extension cab , fender deluxe , fender deluxe reverb , guitar playing , kettner triamp , marshall avt , marshall jvm , mesa boogie , mesa boogie dual , mesa boogie dual rectifier , mesa boogie triaxis , mesa mark , mesa road king , mesa triaxis , pedal board , power amp , practice amp , radial tone bone , roland cube , roland jazz chorus , solid state amp , solid state amps , stiletto ace , tube amp , versatile amp , vox valvetronix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode