Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Volume @ Home

• I play through headphones.

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • I bought a small amp for home.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • I just turn down the volume on my big rig.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Pictures occasionally fall off the wall.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I've developed a "relationship" with local law enforcement.

Votes: 2 3.8%
3K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  ScottB 
#1 ·
Just Curious....I see alot of big rigs in peoples bedrooms here. That's gotta be loud. When I crank my little 15 watt amp to about half it's potential, it's LOUD. Though, it is one of the loudest 15 watters I've heard.

Personally, I like to play at a moderate level 99% of the time.

For some, it will be more about tone than volume. I personally try to get good tone at a reasonable volume. That's why I bought a lil 15 watt amp.

#2 ·
well, i do have a 30 watt vox, and it's my big rig and my small rig. i can adjust the wattage in the back, which helps with volume levels. when i'm in the garage with the band, it's up all the way, but in my room, no more than half power most of the time. i can't wait till i get a stack though. :)

#3 ·
Jem#5150 said:
well, i do have a 30 watt vox, and it's my big rig and my small rig. i can adjust the wattage in the back, which helps with volume levels. when i'm in the garage with the band, it's up all the way, but in my room, no more than half power most of the time. i can't wait till i get a stack though. :)
I have the 15 watt version of that amp. I like the wattage selector on yours.

#6 ·
I agree, it's a great amp for the money. Very versatile. When I went looking for an small amp I never thought I'd walk out with a vox. It can sound alot differant than the typical vox. I've played amps that cost ALOT more and it sounds better by far. I was suprised by the amount of gain you can get out of it. I've played a few amps over the past 25 years.

#8 ·
Jem#5150 said:
+1

I've got the 50 watt 1x12 and the watt selector knob in the back is just something that I couldn't live without. It really comes in handy for a 50 watt bedroom amp. :)

#9 ·
bonehead189 said:
+1

I've got the 50 watt 1x12 and the watt selector knob in the back is just something that I couldn't live without. It really comes in handy for a 50 watt bedroom amp. :)
same amp for me! i dont have a footswitch yet for it which means i dont really use the effects overly unless i feel like making weird noises :p
and i have master at max at all times and adjust my volume with the wattage control at the back so the power section is really singing at all times! i love it, shame im about to go on holiday for a coupla weeks
think i may miss it more than my girlfriend!!!

#10 ·
timi_h said:
same amp for me! i dont have a footswitch yet for it which means i dont really use the effects overly unless i feel like making weird noises :p
and i have master at max at all times and adjust my volume with the wattage control at the back so the power section is really singing at all times! i love it, shame im about to go on holiday for a coupla weeks
think i may miss it more than my girlfriend!!!
I hear ya, I don't have the footswitch either. Good luck with the girlfriend thing!

#13 ·
I use an old Fender Deluxe Reverb and a Marshall AVT50, both of which can get seriously loud. When the family is out I'll crank them but still not enough to kill my ears. I can get some decent tones at low volume although that Fender (tubes) really finds it's sweet spot when turned up loud. My SVT bass rig is the real bone rattler around here!

#25 ·
S-man said:
So no one, thus far, has had the police called on them for jamming to loud...that's suprising.

I know when I was a kid, it happenend to me a few times. Of course there was probably, at least, other instruments involved (drums?)
I've had a few 'concerned neighbors' banging on the door, but I'm pretty sure they can't complain to the local cop shop unless its after 11pm, or if it's persistant. I hope.

~M

#26 ·
Back in the day I and my band had a relationship with the local cops, but they'd request songs :) and then around 10:30p.m. we'd have to shut it down.

But now, It's a combination of situations, if the kids are in bed, headphones though my Korg Pandora. if people are awake, then just low level volume from either my 1x12 combo or rig and it's just turned down.

Noone is home?
Pictures and area dogs fear me...loathe me... 'Fear and Loathing in Oak Forest'. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.