#1 ·
pretty self explanitory!!!

Whats your favourite?

I hover around the 1mm to 2mm range.
:twisted:

#128 ·
vette6600 said:
speaking of someone who obviously doesn't practice
You can stay in my bedroom & watch me practise for 10 hours if you want? I actually practised 14 Hours per day for the first 5 months but cut it down on advise of my doctor when i slightly pulled my forearm.

Obviously i've touched a nerve with some people, but Zakk Wylde IS ****. I dunno what else to say. If you set your limits there, then that's fine. But i set mine higher, much higher.

Listen to Shawn Lane for great & inventive pentatonic playing & listen to Wylde if you want some boring run-of-the-mill ****.

#130 ·
'I actually practised 14 Hours per day for the first 5 months'

oh great, another classic noob statement with no back-up. Are you sure you've mistaken hours for minutes. Oh by the way, I can play slide guitar with my dick and a bottle neck (when erected) with no hands and can play faster than Joe Stump :)

#132 ·
Epicus Furor said:
'I actually practised 14 Hours per day for the first 5 months'

oh great, another classic noob statement with no back-up. Are you sure you've mistaken hours for minutes. Oh by the way, I can play slide guitar with my dick and a bottle neck (when erected) with no hands and can play faster than Joe Stump :)
There's no way to prove it you **** sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What, you want me to keep a ****ing log on when i practise?!!!!!

Don't be a twat.

#136 ·
fettouhi said:
Looks more like you are going on a permanent vacation maybe ;).

Regards

André
There's no such thing as a permanent vacation by the way. Permanent vacation means you're living somewhere.

Anyway. Its called "Holiday", not "Vacation". We kicked your ass in 2 wars at least have the ****ing decency to use the correct langauge!!!!!!!!!!

#137 ·
I found the following funny ..

'You can stay in my bedroom & watch me practise for 10 hours if you want? I actually practised 14 Hours per day for the first 5 months but cut it down on advise of my doctor when i slightly pulled my forearm.

Obviously i've touched a nerve with some people, but Zakk Wylde IS ****. I dunno what else to say. If you set your limits there, then that's fine. But i set mine higher, much higher'

And please .. less of the foul language. I might point out to you this forum doesn't accept noob guitarists of 7 months playing experience spouting off at well respected guitarists/members likely. Either be polite and civilised or lock yourself in your bedroom and carry on with your heavy duty practise schedule.

#138 ·
Epicus Furor said:
I found the following funny ..

'You can stay in my bedroom & watch me practise for 10 hours if you want? I actually practised 14 Hours per day for the first 5 months but cut it down on advise of my doctor when i slightly pulled my forearm.

Obviously i've touched a nerve with some people, but Zakk Wylde IS ****. I dunno what else to say. If you set your limits there, then that's fine. But i set mine higher, much higher'

And please .. less of the foul language. I might point out to you this forum doesn't accept noob guitarists of 7 months playing experience spouting off at well respected guitarists/members likely. Either be polite and civilised or lock yourself in your bedroom and carry on with your heavy duty practise schedule.
Do you need to have acting experience to know/say that Sylvester Stallone can't act? No you don't cos its obvious. The same with Zakk Wylde.

By the way, don't ****ing patronise me. You're 17 years old. I'm 21. Didn't your parents say respect your elders? Well, thats how **** works in London. You know- a city!

Once again, you can have your limits set at "Zakk Wylde level", but don't expect to be a good guitarist.

Plus i only show respect to those who show it to me.

#140 ·
Do you need to have acting experience to know/say that Sylvester Stallone can't act? No you don't cos its obvious. The same with Zakk Wylde.

'its obvious' ... no it isn't explain ...

By the way, don't ****ing patronise me. You're 17 years old. I'm 21. Didn't your parents say respect your elders? Well, thats how **** works in London. You know- a city!

'Well, thats how **** works in London. You know- a city!'. Yes your from a city and i'm from a town? I fail to find that amusing, is there something i didn't get?

'Once again, you can have your limits set at "Zakk Wylde level", but don't expect to be a good guitarist'

I fail to remember any member saying they have set their limits to 'Zakk Wylde level' .. I think you should get YOUR facts right

Oh and by the way, please don't endulge us with your practise routine shananigans .. this is just ill flavoured. You have absolutley no proof so quit the act.

Off you go .. back to your barre chord excersises ..

#141 ·
So if there's no proof, then it doesn't happen is what you're saying?

Wow. With that view you could be in the Labour cabinet!!!!!

Btw- I passed barre chords almost 6 months ago. Yay for me!!!!!!!!!!

Its obvious cos the whole world & their wife knows stallone can't act. You don't need any acting experience to pass that judgement.

You are saying Zakk Wylde is a great guitarist so you're subconciously setting your limits there.

I'm in a city, you're in a town. You will know what i mean if you came down to London. You'd see how the world works instead of how it works in a 20 person town.

Its your problem if you fail to realise how long serious guitarists practise. Don't be jealous cos you haven't got the mental stamina or dedication that i have. You'll become bitter & twisted.

#142 ·
I'm afraid to say, the more babble you come up with the more your stupidity is evident on every level.

'Its obvious cos the whole world & their wife knows stallone can't act. You don't need any acting experience to pass that judgement.'

No, it's still not obvious that's just a personal opinion ..

'You are saying Zakk Wylde is a great guitarist so you're subconciously setting your limits there'

No, the Subconsciousness is the mode of life which occurs below the level of our conscious awareness, I try not to set myself a limit as a musician - just to try and be the best i possibly can be, would any others like to comment on this? I don't need you telling me what 'i think' subconsciously...

'I'm in a city, you're in a town. You will know what i mean if you came down to London. You'd see how the world works instead of how it works in a 20 person town.'

By 2001 the population was 98,852 ... enough said ..fool

'Its your problem if you fail to realise how long serious guitarists practise. Don't be jealous cos you haven't got the mental stamina or dedication that i have. You'll become bitter & twisted.'

Trust me I know how long serious guitarists practise, I am 100% dedicated to my intrument and practise 6-7 hours a day everyday. When I'm not playing music, I'm composing, recording or studying music. I've played seriously for 8 years (classical 5 years) and have been in numerous bands gigging around England. You on the other hand have never played a gig in your life, nor will you ever be likely to in the future because your all talk. If only you were dedicated enough to actually concentrate on becoming a better musician instead of concentrating on posting insulting messages to other members.

Back to you barre chords mate ...

#144 ·
Epicus Furor said:
I'm afraid to say, the more babble you come up with the more your stupidity is evident on every level.

'Its obvious cos the whole world & their wife knows stallone can't act. You don't need any acting experience to pass that judgement.'

No, it's still not obvious that's just a personal opinion ..

'You are saying Zakk Wylde is a great guitarist so you're subconciously setting your limits there'

No, the Subconsciousness is the mode of life which occurs below the level of our conscious awareness, I try not to set myself a limit as a musician - just to try and be the best i possibly can be, would any others like to comment on this? I don't need you telling me what 'i think' subconsciously...

'I'm in a city, you're in a town. You will know what i mean if you came down to London. You'd see how the world works instead of how it works in a 20 person town.'

By 2001 the population was 98,852 ... enough said ..fool

'Its your problem if you fail to realise how long serious guitarists practise. Don't be jealous cos you haven't got the mental stamina or dedication that i have. You'll become bitter & twisted.'

Trust me I know how long serious guitarists practise, I am 100% dedicated to my intrument and practise 6-7 hours a day everyday. When I'm not playing music, I'm composing, recording or studying music. I've played seriously for 8 years (classical 5 years) and have been in numerous bands gigging around England. You on the other hand have never played a gig in your life, nor will you ever be likely to in the future because your all talk. If only you were dedicated enough to actually concentrate on becoming a better musician instead of concentrating on posting insulting messages to other members.

Back to you barre chords mate ...
So if you practise 6-7 hours per day at guitar which i believe, why is it so hard for you to believe i practise 10 hours per day & used to do 14 Hours?

There are a hell of alot of people as dedicated & more so to the guitar than you!!!!!

A certain Steve Vai, who i think you may know, did a 10 Hours per day regime which was a big seller for Guitar World (i think).

Its ok to talk the talk as long as you walk the walk, so i don't mind voicing my views.

Chesterfield had around 99,000, ok London had around 11,000,000 & my borough (Lewisham) had 249,000 so i think there is a better idea of what the world is like down here!!!!!!

You say you were gigging around England, well that's good for you. I aint ever gonna knock someone for doing something positive with music. I've been to hundreds & a few big ones & the atmosphere is insane!!!!!!!! Good luck with your band(s).

I guarantee you i am dedicated enough to become a great musician. I don't really care who does or doesn't believe what i do. I can't prove it if i said i only do 25 minutes or if i said i do 18 hours, but c'est la vie i guess.

#146 ·
Jeez, children! How do people end up having an argument in a thread about freakin' guitar picks????

Anyway, I use a Dunlop Tortex .73mm. I recently bought some of the Dunlop Ultex (the ones with the Rhino on them) but can't tell much of a difference. I used to use a 1mm for bass, but I ran out years ago. I also have some credit cards I cut into picks :)
Later!
Skot

#147 ·
Rotti said:
Tell me about those Dugain picks. Theres not much info on the web site.
They are hand-made - at least Mr. Dugain claims that - using a wide variety of materials, including horn, bone, delrin, acryl, glass, different kinds of wood, different kind of stones... There's even one made out of Mammooth Ivory or gold, but these are quite expensive (50+ EUR).

The shape is quite ergonomic having grooves on the front and back for your thumb and index finger.

If you want to know more, ask me specific questions, maybe I can answer them.

#150 ·
TongueShredder said:
Currently using Jim Dunlop's purple 2mm pick (Big Stubby). Great for shredding and its really nice for my fingers to get good grip on it. Really Love IT.
I agree that the thicker Big Stubbies (2mm and 3mm) are easier to hold on to. I've been using the 3mm ones for probably over 10 yrs now. I love 'em. As a matter of fact I just ordered another 4 dozen. I never wear them out, I misplace them over time. I also like the smooth point they have. I used to file extra heavy picks to a point but they would wear down over time. The Big Stubbies save me the hassle.

BTW, this poll needs another option for "great then 2mm". :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.