Worst Customer Service - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Who provides the worst customer service?
Cable Television 14 32.56%
Satellite Television 5 11.63%
Telephone 18 41.86%
Electric 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Worst Customer Service

In your opinion who provides the worst customer service?

I was going to be specific, but I realize that there are people from around the world visting the forum. IMHO, Comcast (cable) provides the worst customer service....

My high speed internet connection via Comcast goes out at least once a month, and cable TV at least once every two months. They will insist that your home is the only home that is experiencing a problem unless a predetermined number of trouble calls come in. You sit on hold for forever only to be forced to schedule a service call (between 8am and 5pm on either Monday or Tuesday of next week - you have to sit still and wait for them) for a problem that is non-existant. The real problem is their poorly maintained equipment and poorly trained technicians.

However, my telephone service has never been out of order, even in the worst storms. The local electric company replaced equipment that has nearly eliminated outages after repeated complaints from our neighborhood.

Last edited by kirk; 02-14-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 07:37 PM

Re: Worst Customer Service

Comcast all the way.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 07:39 PM

Comcast
I install home theater, whole house audio etc etc systems and COmcast is the worst. 8 out of 10 times if I go to the house before Comcast does, I will be there after Comcast fixing something they did wrong. I've had to go back to houses because the Comcast guy plugged the incomming coax line into the out jack of the cable box, and the jacks are clearly marked "Cable in" and "rf Out". They also have a deaf/mute guy they send out as an infield service tech. Now, I know the guy has to work but he can't communicate with the customers and the customers ALWAYS have questions about something.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 07:44 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

comcast TV for sure. (their internet service is not that bad actually.)

last year i had comcast bring me a new HDTV-DVR box (you can't just go to the office, pickup and and self-install they make their dopes drive out and give FREE install).

well anyways i did the "cable box swap & hookup" cause the guy was lost. i had to ask him to go to the truck and get the remote and print documents. then he leaves saying "it will be activated in 5 minutes". BIG MISTAKE - i should never have let this guy leave without a picture. I took an hour of phone support to have them fix this from the office.

close second is DELL Tech support
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 09:53 PM

Comcast here as well
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 10:10 PM

+1
Comcast has some of the most ignorant and rude people I've ever dealt with!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 10:29 PM

Ha ha, poor Comcast.

I recently moved and when the Comcast guy showed up to install the cable modem, he wasn't able to get it to work. Clearly, he didn't know what he was doing (I was looking over his shoulder and all he knew how to do was bring up the command line and ping yahoo.com). His cell phone didn't work inside my apartment, so he had to run outside and go down the block so he could get instructions from the mothership.

He did this (run out, phone home, ping yahoo) for TWO FRIGGIN HOURS and finally I had to kick him out because I had to get to work. Eventually, I got the cable modem working myself.

I'm also going to cast a write-in vote for UPS. I'm sorry if there are any UPS employees here, but you people are worse than the plague. Since we're being geographically non-specific, let's say "package shipping companies."
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 10:31 PM

This poll is probably going to vary because of demographics. We don't have comcast cable in my area. I pick Verizon as the worst customer sevice. Does anybody else deal with them? Fee's for everything. For instance if you were to pay your phone bill with a check through snail mail..no problems. But I like to pay things on-line or automated phone. Get it over and done with. When you call verizon, they don't have there own pay system. They have another company do it! So this company charges like 3.00 and then verizon charges another couple of dollars too. You never get a real person during the day. I think they transfer me to the person who last has to deal with anything. TUGGEY
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 11:04 PM

My local guitar store.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 11:18 PM

+1 for UPS....those people just simply don't care. Period.
Absolutely the world's worst.

I actually voted for phone service, in particular Bellsouth. Lousy bastages I hope they all choke on their "on hold" music.

As far as Comcast....I've actually only had decent experiences with them since signing on with them (Cable & Internet)back in October.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 11:36 PM

Guitar Center.

I have Cox cable.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier 7
Guitar Center.
I can't stand their customers either.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 01:07 AM

Ouch.

Well, can't beat the convenience. That's my excuse.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 07:09 AM

Angry Re: Worst Customer Service

Phone service!- Why?.. because there Shifty ass holes when they bill you for calls to numbers that don't exsist & you know 100% you didn't make the calls! - there services are never up to scratch! - always check your bills bro's there got a scam going on!

F*ck they piss me off how they think people are so stuipid not to look into there calls, i was refunded $867.00 AUD! who knows how many people just pay there bill with out looking into it deeper, so bro's it pays to look at that phone bill & keep track of all the numbers called, you mite just be supprised!
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 07:58 AM

My local satellite TV company is one big prick of a company. I remember that there was one occasion that a Wrestling Pay Per View was charged to both my parent's and grandparents account that we clearly did not order. Their excuse? It was ordered by someone else (can't remember the name, though). I'm not buying it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode