Would you buy a brightly coloured Ibanez? - Page 4 - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Would you buy a brightly coloured Ibanez?
Yes, I would buy one in a heartbeat! 85 85.00%
No, they wouldn't sell, I prefer navy blue! 15 15.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 06:12 PM

Re: Would you buy a brightly coloured Ibanez?

NormalPerson, if I get you a Lazer Blue dictionary would you use it to check your spelling?

(I"ll translate or tranzl8, if you'd rather, it for you)

NormalPerson, if I get u a Lazer Blue dictionary wud u use it to check ur spelling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Yea, who could possibly care about beautiful woods and master craftsmanship

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/ne.../P10100472.JPG
It's very very cool Rich don't get me wrong I'd love to own it.....
....I just wouldn't get much chance to gig it as I'm not in a country and western band. LOL !

Only joking mate.

Ben
post #48 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 06:25 PM

/\ I was thinking the same thing. Why are most of the J customs in natural finishes, a top end guitar doesnt have to have a natural finish. It dont make it sound or play better. If i wanted to see wood grain, i cut a tree down and stare at the stump for a few hours.
post #49 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Vendor

8320 is in Biker Black.

You know they did make an 8670 SK?
post #50 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 06:45 PM

Quote:
You know they did make an 8670 SK?
Honestly ??

When were those made Rich? and are you now gonna tell me that they're about as easy to find as hens teeth?

Ben
post #51 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
NormalPerson, if I get you a Lazer Blue dictionary would you use it to check your spelling?

(I"ll translate or tranzl8, if you'd rather, it for you)

NormalPerson, if I get u a Lazer Blue dictionary wud u use it to check ur spelling?

Bitchy but funny
post #52 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Vendor

Ikebe had 6 made, same year they had the emerald green also.
post #53 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez2005
/\ I was thinking the same thing. Why are most of the J customs in natural finishes, a top end guitar doesnt have to have a natural finish. It dont make it sound or play better. If i wanted to see wood grain, i cut a tree down and stare at the stump for a few hours.
ROFL!

post #54 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Yea, who could possibly care about beautiful woods and master craftsmanship

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/ne.../P10100472.JPG
Beautiful guitar.
post #55 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem

Bitchy but funny

Sorry man but if I wanted to try to decode a 12 year old girls notes, I'd join an N*sync message board. Normal probably dots his "i"s with hearts.
post #56 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
Nope, I didn't want pink, yellow, or green in the 80s and I have no use for it now. If Ibanez were to rerelease said colors (colours, for our friends across the pond), would the guitar come with hairspray and leopard print spandex?
Colour for your friends above you as well

I want some HOT PINK GOD DAMN IT!!!!

1pc MAPLE NECKS!!!
post #57 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalPerson
I WANT A LAZER BLUE 550 WITH A MAPLE FRETBOARD THAT WUD BE AMAZING AND I WASNT EVEN ALIVE IN THE 80'S

i think sum of the prestige line are very eye catching and not that dull to be honest, but they r like 5 or 6 that r the same colour, navy BLUE!!!

i own a black rg, i wudnt mind a laser blue one, some one post pics of laser blue guitars!!!
I just got a lazer blue 550....looking it at right now....it's amazing..(trying to make you jeoluos!!) (Can't spell)
post #58 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris"squid finger"daley
Yes,evolve and not repeat.Heaven forbid that spandex clad grown men with big hair held up with 3 tonne of cosack hair spray should ever be "cool" again. Dont get me wrong,when thing are "in" they are great,and the 80s was fantastic,and yes I was there,but things run their course.When Nivarna became big in 91 they gave the rock industry a good kick in the poodle haired arse.At the time it did piss me off.This caused Ibanez to drop the none selling guitars and introduce new lines to deal with this problem,hence the BSB,DBK and the UV777PBK.Think of it like this,would the BSB have sold in 1986? No! Nor did the UV in 1995. Ibanez may reintroduce bright colours when the time is right,watch MTV and see for yourself.Ibanez now sell's a lot more than Jem,UV and RG guitars,and judging by the reduced size of the Steve Vai and Joe Satriarni range its because there's more money to be had elsewhere.And thats what its all about,money.Anyway must go,my spadex pants are biting.
Now hold on. It's a variation of the same fashion but updated, so in essence it's not the same thing, it's just an 80's influenced fashion. Yeah I agree the style ran it's course, but it ran it's course IN THE 80's. And who's to say that the BSB wouldn't off sold in 1986? Quite frankly I think the reason for the lack of signature guitars has a lot to do with the fact that the actual artists themselves are happy with the couple of guitars that they play and don't want to play another design just for the sake of it, hence no other models are made.

Use talcum powder for the biting.
post #59 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeswift
. What they should be doing is creating interesting guitars, setting trends as they have done before, and not worrying about what's in fashion, because that, my friends, is for LOSERS with David Beckham haircuts.
The funny thing is, you take a David Beckham wannabe, die his hair black, make his clothes darker in colour and voila! Emo-kid
post #60 of 107 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez
Beautiful guitar.
+1

Regards

Andrť

Tags
air norton , beautiful guitar , candy apple red , colour choice petition , edge trem , edge trems , flamed maple , guitar playing , ibanez colour choice , ibanez guitars , jem brmr , kramer pacer , les paul , les pauls , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , paf pro , paf pros , pickup combo , playing guitar , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , road flare red , shark tooth inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , steve vai , sunburst finish , tone zone , yngwie malmsteen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in