Would You Purchase A Dave Weiner Guitar If Put In Production? - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Would you purchase a Dave Weiner Guitar sometime in your life?
Yes I would purchase a DW guitar if the price was right. 45 55.56%
No I would never purchase a DW guitar. 36 44.44%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Would You Purchase A Dave Weiner Guitar If Put In Production?

I created this post to see if the market has changed for the Dave Weiner guitar?

--I know there are a couple of similar posts out there: however, they go off topic and are old. With that said, please do not go off topic in this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Please post comments in here if you would purchase a Dave Weiner guitar (if the price was right).

--Feel free to post why you would not purchase a DW guitar too?

Below are the pics and specs of the DW guitars LACS built for Dave:

So let's hear it all!

--Do you like any of the above guitars?
--Would you purchase a DW Guitar sometime in your guitar life?
--How would you like the DW guitar to be?

Please Sign The Online Petition If Yes: http://www.petitiononline.com/davewe9r/petition.html

I would really like to see the DW guitar go into production for a few reasons. I really like the looks and shapes of the DW guitars. Most important to me is that the DW guitars are 7 String Maple Boards!!!
The DW76 body has a different shape compared to the past. And IMO it is a Beaut! I also like the 2003 Black & Blood Red. The inlay really stands out well on the board.
If the DW guitar is ever placed in production I would hope it's made in Japan.

As for sound...I've heard the guitar played from seeing Dave perform live, listening to the album, and live tracks. I've heard enough to be happy with any of them

Paul

Last edited by Paul_R; 11-26-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Added Petition Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Dee

Re: Would You Purchase A Dave Weiner Guitar If Put In Production?

Yes I would purchase one if the price is decent. Which it probably won't be!

Reasons? 7-string, Maple board, possibly (read: hopefully) a reverse headstock, interesting finish, body made of something other than basswood... bring it on.
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 09:12 PM

Last edited by Rodney James; 02-01-2008 at 02:19 AM.
post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 11:30 PM

Dave is a cool guy. It's sad they'll probably never give him his own model; he's got cool ideas.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Dee

Ideas that would probably sell, too.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 12:15 AM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: Would You Purchase A Dave Weiner Guitar If Put In Production?

I don't think I'd buy one! I don't like them all that much
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 12:27 AM

I think some of those guitars are cool looking except for one of the ugliest guitars I've seen, the brown one! I'm not a fan of Dave's playing even though I know he is good and way way way better way better than me! Moreover, I think his sound is bad and weak, his sounds has no balls. To me it always sounds like he needs more distortion!
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 12:48 AM

i'd get the blue one if it had a matching headstock
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 01:19 AM

I definitely would get the latest model...my tastes have gotten more and more simple as time has gone on. I don't think my next guitar will even have a trem. I like the color scheme on his last one...but that one with the stripes...man, frickin hideous.

About his sound having no balls - I know what you're saying. At first, I didn't like it either, but I myself have also started playing with less and less distortion. I feel like it gives me more control of my tone and now my ear really digs a very lightly overdriven sound.
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 02:14 AM

the second, third and sixth are nice, but I wouldnt buy one.
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 02:58 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyMan View Post
I definitely would get the latest model...my tastes have gotten more and more simple as time has gone on. I don't think my next guitar will even have a trem. I like the color scheme on his last one...but that one with the stripes...man, frickin hideous.

About his sound having no balls - I know what you're saying. At first, I didn't like it either, but I myself have also started playing with less and less distortion. I feel like it gives me more control of my tone and now my ear really digs a very lightly overdriven sound.
Since I bought a fixed bridge guitar I haven't really missed the trem much, so maybe my taste in guitars is getting a little more simple too. On the other hand, I was never really a heavy trem user anyway, I like to be subtle with it.

I actually like the striped one, it's weird, but in a good way. Reminds me of an old ZX Spectrum or something! Should be black, though... with Space Invader inlays! F'king cool!

And regarding distortion, I'm with you there, MelodyMan. Lightly distorted guitars can still sound heavy anyway -- Brett Garsed tone on the latest Planet X album (Quantum) is proof of that. Mild distortion, but man, he slays!
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Since I bought a fixed bridge guitar I haven't really missed the trem much, so maybe my taste in guitars is getting a little more simple too. On the other hand, I was never really a heavy trem user anyway, I like to be subtle with it.

I actually like the striped one, it's weird, but in a good way. Reminds me of an old ZX Spectrum or something! Should be black, though... with Space Invader inlays! F'king cool!

And regarding distortion, I'm with you there, MelodyMan. Lightly distorted guitars can still sound heavy anyway -- Brett Garsed tone on the latest Planet X album (Quantum) is proof of that. Mild distortion, but man, he slays!
Yeah, I almost NEVER throw the whammy bar in my RG 20th (sacreligious, I know) and I sort of miss that simplicity of a fixed bridge. Some people can use the trem bar as a whole technique, but I guess that just isn't what gets me off.

I guess it's not sooo ugly - the copper penny color is actually kind of interesting and I like that Dave deliberately wanted to throw some weirdass colored stripes on there just to be weird.

I need to check out some Planet X - they're on my list of stuff to listen to, but I haven't gotten the chance to yet. But yeah, I find myself rolling the gain back more and more on my amp, compared to when I started playing 10 years ago and had it at close to 10 all the time...it's crazy how your tastes change!
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 03:50 AM

As long as they don't come in those hideous color schemes.
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I probably wouldn't buy one myself because I don't play 7 string guitar anymore. If I needed a 7 string I'd hunt down an old Universe i white or swirl.

Having said that I love the styling og the red/black burst one, but like a pickguard for comfort so would want the clear guard off the copper burst one fitting.
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 04:09 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyMan View Post
Yeah, I almost NEVER throw the whammy bar in my RG 20th (sacreligious, I know) and I sort of miss that simplicity of a fixed bridge. Some people can use the trem bar as a whole technique, but I guess that just isn't what gets me off.

I guess it's not sooo ugly - the copper penny color is actually kind of interesting and I like that Dave deliberately wanted to throw some weirdass colored stripes on there just to be weird.

I need to check out some Planet X - they're on my list of stuff to listen to, but I haven't gotten the chance to yet. But yeah, I find myself rolling the gain back more and more on my amp, compared to when I started playing 10 years ago and had it at close to 10 all the time...it's crazy how your tastes change!
That's true mate, a few years back I would never have considered buying anything but a locking trem guitar and playing with enough distortion to fry people's faces, but over the years I found myself using it less and less, and a fixed bridge has forced me to concentrate on good old finger vibrato a lot more and I am happy about that.

BTW, feel free to have a wander over to the Planet X page I run on MySpace, there's a load of tracks in the audio player, including a montage of stuff I made from the latest album. I need to put a full track or two from Quantum up there, come to think of it.

www.myspace.com/planetxsite

Tags
brett garsed , coil pickup , custom guitar , custom guitars , dave weiner , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , floyd rose , locking nut , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , monkey grip , petrucci model , production model , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , steve vai , string guitars , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode