Are you really bothered that Ibanez aren't providing flashy axes? - Page 4 - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Are you truly bothered that Ibanez aren't offering neons/maple/etc.?
Yes 65 59.09%
No 45 40.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:10 AM

Reviews: 65
Re: Are you really bothered that Ibanez aren't providing flashy axes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
No, because it's great to have cool 80's colors, but I find the older Ibanez users dominate this subject a bit and it's getting a bit tired to me. I know that DY and RFR and such are cool and remind you of the original 550s but, not everyone, I would argue most people, don't want a guitar in one of those colors.

I feel the same way when I see people posting swirl after swirled JEM and I personally thik it got old years ago. Now this is not meant to hurt anyone, please like what you want to like, but those color options and designs are dated and aren't quite classic for enough people that I understand not making every guitar in those bright colors.

I would like some more color options but, I would much perfer innovating hardware and design features. I hate to say it, but the 80s have moved on and shred is not in the majority. Yeah, I like it a bit, but if you gave me a choice between a DY 550 and a Black or White 550 with innovating new design features and I could only own one guitar (like most of the people who buy guitars) I would choose one of the later because then people wouldn't laugh at me in 5 years when the styles have once again changed.

Sorry but, I believe guitar collectors and people who started playing when shred and 80s heros were the coolest things don't make the majority of the guitar market.

People still wont be truly satisfied no matter what they do and most of us will customize any guitar regaurdless of features or cosmetics. They know all of these things and that's a big reason for their choices.
I agree totally, though I still think the most classy guitar is the JEM 10th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
I agree totally, though I still think the most classy guitar is the JEM 10th.
Yeah I know what you mean, I love any LNG RG like a sailor would love a belly dancer.
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:35 AM

Reviews: 1

Flash is in the performers hands.
If you have "it" you can play a cardboard box and look good doing it.
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
But if that cardboard box was neon red you'd be "flashier". Thats the point of this poll . . .
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
I don't think I agree with this. Give Steve Vai a cardboard box and he'd look pretty silly, if you ask me. Most of the flashy players would cry if they had to play a Squier Strat.
post #51 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:27 PM

I don't agree with your not agreeing.
Vai played other guitars before the Jem, his attitude and flair carried him to where his is now, not the guitar he plays. Don't get me wrong, it's part of the expressiveness, but watch any video of him with Zappa, he had a strat that was pretty beat up looking and he had the stage personality to carry him beyond the instrument. And that is all it is...an instrument, the performer is the one making the statement.
post #52 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Dee

I disagree with you disagreeing about me disagreeing, basically because I never said Steve Vai would cry if he had to play a Squier Strat, what I said was "most of"...

Steve Vai would look silly playing a cardboard box. Trust me. I used to follow Vai's career when he was with Zappa, btw. Been into Zappa since something like 1981.
post #53 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:40 PM

I'd rather have the cardboard box than the Strat
post #54 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Dee

I'll take the packing peanuts if there's a few going spare.
post #55 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I disagree with you disagreeing about me disagreeing, basically because I never said Steve Vai would cry if he had to play a Squier Strat, what I said was "most of"...

Steve Vai would look silly playing a cardboard box. Trust me. I used to follow Vai's career when he was with Zappa, btw. Been into Zappa since something like 1981.
I disagree with all of your disagreements.
Does Vai's playing rely on the "flash" of the color of the instrument?
I say no.
So sans cardboard box, do you think it matters weather Steve or anyone else for that matter needs a neon pink guitar to make a statement?
I don't.
And, since I don't, I am the victor!
HA !
post #56 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Dee

You are not the victor. Maybe your name is Victor, but you are not the victor.

I own you.

And to answer your question, Steve Vai does indeed rely on the colour of the instrument, he told me himself he has trouble playing barre chords if the guitar isn't white. So stick that in your crack pipe and inhale, Victor.
post #57 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
You are not the victor. Maybe your name is Victor, but you are not the victor.

I own you.

And to answer your question, Steve Vai does indeed rely on the colour of the instrument, he told me himself he has trouble playing barre chords if the guitar isn't white. So stick that in your crack pipe and inhale, Victor.
Dearest Horatio, I am un-owned and a wholly private subsidiary of nothing and you will admit defeat to me, Victor, the victorious!
post #58 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I'll take the packing peanuts if there's a few going spare.
Fine by me....i'm on a diet
post #59 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:09 PM

I voted no. I really don't care about flashy guitars. I'm the kinda ******* who goes into a guitar center and walks out with a plain, boring, black guitar.

Maybe my love of classical music has changed how I look at electric guitars. I don't know. I just can't bring myself to care about having anything other than a generic looking guitar that plays orgasmically well.
post #60 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned

i love flashy guitars,i think if the vdy had a maple neck what a awsome sight that would be.(just my opinion).also jemmer777s vbrmr is a awsome looking guitar aswell.

Tags
alder body , beautiful guitar , body shape , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge trem , electric guitar , fixed bridge , flame maple , floyd rose , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez models , jem vwh , les paul , les paul standard , les pauls , local music shop , local music store , locking stud , locking studs , maple neck , music store , neck inlay , prs modern eagle , road flare red , squier strat , steve vai , swirled jem , vintage strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode