"Donnie" almost done - Herc is almost finished!!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

"Donnie" almost done - Herc is almost finished!!!!

Here is my update from Herc:

Quote:
I'm done clearcoating your baby....it's just hanging up
drying and curing thoroughly. LOOKS GREAT!!!! The glow is such a sweet cool blue, too! LOOKS HEAVENLY. I want to let it harden up completely before wetsanding and polishing. I know the anticipation is killing you--sorry about that! But it will be well worth the wait! BELIEVE ME. Sorry, can't send pics....too bad! I'll include them in with the guitar.
He said he would have the entire guitar finished and then shipped no later than Monday via 3 day UPS so I will have it before Christmas!!! Man I cant wait. I know most people are not into the look of the psuedo Donnie guitars and they do not look JUST like the real thing but I think they still look awesome and cant wait to get this one. I do believe I will buy another JS1000WH though because the look of the plain white is awesome too!! *

I will post all the pictures I get from Herc (showing the different stages of the paint job) as well as my own once it arrives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 11:47 AM

Reviews: 5
"Donnie" almost done

congrats on the guitar Rikk, and nice to see you back on the forum. *When I first started coming here, about 3.5 years ago, I always looked at pics of your JEM collection
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 12:44 PM

"Donnie" almost done

Rikk,

You're doing this to a JS1000WH, correct?
How long has Herc had the guitar, and what is he charging you? (If you don't mind sharing.)

I was thinking about doing the same thing.

later,
Chris
post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

"Donnie" almost done

Thanks JEM7VWH. I have been posting a little here and there. Its been hard lately since [email protected] service has had my system down for over a week and a half!! I have to do things on my break at work then!! * They were not going to be able to come out until Jan 6th to replace my modem that their new system made obsolete until I complained enough and now they will be out tomorrow!! *:biggrin:

Lets see I sent my guitar to Herc about the end of October or so. The cost was around $475 if I remember right. Its more than the swirls just because of the amount of time it takes to draw and paint everything. Out of the 5 he has done and I have seen I told him what I like and disliked about them. I also sent him a picture of the one from Satriani's site and explained I wanted it to look more like that with less space in between everything.
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 05:03 AM

"Donnie" almost done

Please post pics I can't wait to see. What color is it?
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

"Donnie" almost done

It will be the same as Satriani's "Big Faces" Donnie. (blue and white) and it will glow neon blue in the dark *:biggrin: I cant wait to get it back!!!!!!
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 01:36 AM

"Donnie" almost done

Oh boy, that sound cool. My guess is that this will be a VERY merry christmas for you, eh?

Oh, and don't forget to post some pictures of the beauty the second it arrives...
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

"Donnie" almost done

No problem there!! * I had to put it out of my mind the minute I sent it (otherwise I knew I would go crazy thinking about it everyday for 1 month or so). But now that I know it wll be mailed on Monday I cant quit thinking about it!!! :biggrin:
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

"Donnie" almost done

Ok here is an update from Herc. He told me that he had to wait an extra day to start the wet sanding because the clear coat had not cured enough yet (cold wet weather on the East Coast is not helping any). He told me he was getting attached to the guitar and I asked him if he thought it was the best Donnie he had painted to date and this was his response:

[quote from Herc]I have to say.........well.........
OH YEAH!!!!!!! I haven't painted one like this for ANYONE! Not even for myself!
I even used a new glow for yours! The BLUE is just absolutely
heavenly....it's not aqua blue like previous ones...it's celestial
blue...like a darn BLUE DREAM hue!:-) Ok, I'll stop raving about it--get your mind off of the guitar already--don't get worked up! She'll be home soon.

Ok NOW I am really excited!!!

Rikk
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-15-2001, 08:10 PM

"Donnie" almost done

Rikk i saw one blue glow in the dark once a time and looks really cool. Better than green one.
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-15-2001, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

"Donnie" almost done

I am wondering what this one will look like since he says it is a "New Blue" color unlike the ones he has done in the past.

Either way I cant wait to get it!! *
post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 06:47 AM

"Donnie" almost done

DON'T FORGET DA PIX!!!
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 11:03 AM

"Donnie" almost done

Second that, the anticipation is building!
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

"Donnie" almost done

You think YOUR anticipation is building?!?!? I going nuts just thinkin about it!!! *

(Edited by jono at 10:20 pm on Dec. 16, 2001)
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-20-2001, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

"Donnie" almost done

Ok I am dyin' here. While Herc was wetsanding on Tuesday he noticed a couple dust flakes on the lower horn (He said with all the faces and graphics it was hard to spot until the last minute). So he had to sand them out and then re-clear coat it. He is wetsanding it and buffing it today and then will ship the guitar overnight USPS so I should get it tomorrow or Friday by the LATEST.

I cant WAIT to see the guitar!!!!

Tags
clear coat , eric johnson , evo pickups , fender bassman , floyd rose , guitar tech , output pickup , pickup height , strobe tuner , swirl project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode