$15000 Bad Horsie - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 10:11 PM

Re: $15000 Bad Horsie

Perhaps I should sell my Jem Jr for $15000. It'
s the only one in the world like it. It is signed by "Steve Steve Vai"!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jem jr.jpg (111.3 KB, 40 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Can't really count on that as the 505 is a Korean model and has many differences.

No dude its Prestige, MIJ like the 7VWH but with a maple fretboard and V pickups instead.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathus View Post
On an original 777LG it is, but otherwise i'm not sure this is the case. If there were 2 mint guitars but one was signed it'd be less valuable (at least to me) as it's been altered after the original purchase, not to mention Steve's signed thousands of JEM/UVs by now.

I suppose you could argue your POV but I say even with two mint guitars where Steve signed one, I'd grab that one. He held it, probably played it even if only just one note, felt proud it was his guitar that is going to bring another player and fan limitless satisfaction and then put his signature on it. To a big fan in particular that's worth more than money. It's the emotional value and impact of it. That's how I feel about my UV7 he signed. It's epic. Yeah he's signed plenty over the years but how often do you find one among your own friends, etc? It's rare and special.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemSLO View Post
The 77BRMR guitars do not have scalloped frets. I have two. I have one player that I gig with which I bought with some light wear and a few minor dings on the back that I paid $1600 for, and the other is close to mint/collector condition...and I only paid $2000 for that one. So, even with an autograph, the price is pretty outrageous I'd say, even as rare as they are getting. That one seems to have more wear than my "player" BRMR...for $15000????? Maybe just putting it out there to attract some offers by someone not 100% set on selling?

Yeah so this means my theory that JEMs with dot inlays don't have scalloped fretboards is true. Other owners can chime in on this as I'm not 100 percent sure but since your BRMR and my 505WH don't have scallops it makes sense.

The prices you paid for yours make much more sense too and you should be able to get more than he would just based on condition. Attracting attention with that high price just to get offers then not actually make a sale in the end? Sounds absurd to me but hey, who knows lol.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER View Post

Yeah so this means my theory that JEMs with dot inlays don't have scalloped fretboards is true. Other owners can chime in on this as I'm not 100 percent sure but since your BRMR and my 505WH don't have scallops it makes sense.
I think the JEM 7RB is the one that ruins your theory. A full MIJ JEM with dots and scalloped last 4 frets.
One of the rarer ones though!
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaraki_gaijin View Post
I think the JEM 7RB is the one that ruins your theory. A full MIJ JEM with dots and scalloped last 4 frets.
One of the rarer ones though!

The Root Beer? Oh I did not know that so thanks for clarifying! It is rare for sure. Maybe I must adjust my theory to modern JEM's made post 2000
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrose1201 View Post
Perhaps I should sell my Jem Jr for $15000. It'
s the only one in the world like it. It is signed by "Steve Steve Vai"!

Haha yeah maybe. What's going on there with all that foil and wire?
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 04:42 PM

It's my work guitar, show guitar (or at least it was prior to March ) Its reflective material and LEDs. Unfortunately it won't let me upload an MP4. They flash and dance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LED JEM 1.jpg (114.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg LED JEM 2.jpg (84.7 KB, 9 views)

Tags
bad horsie jem , jem77brmr , signed by steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode