Ibanez JEM Forum banner
3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  chrose1201 
#1 ·
Found this: https://reverb.com/item/27286585-ib...0.W59jO5NzBrzRdmqfdBpZPmHeTAacwEwsQZNIWQLM6lg

He's asking way too much. I have an original 1990 Universe UV7PWH signed by Steve Vai as well which is more desirable than this JEM and while it is very valuable I wouldn't expect to get $15000 for it. What do you think about this Blinding Rock Mirror for this price? I love this guitar but I have never seen one in players condition in particular at anywhere near this seller's price :surprise:

P.S. Not sure if Vai himself decided to sign it where he did or the owner asked him to but I'd be worried that his coveted signature would be wiped away by playing the guitar in the sitting position! If I had it I'd clear coat it to ensure it's protected from that ever happening.

#5 ·
Hmmmm, while the autograph looks correct(at least compared to the 2 I have from Steve), it is an odd place. Another thing that confuses me is that the neck has no scallop on the last 4 frets. I sold my Bad Horsie so long ago, I can't remember, but I thought ALL Jem's had that feature in common? Certainly agree its way overpriced

#15 ·
The 77BRMR guitars do not have scalloped frets. I have two. I have one player that I gig with which I bought with some light wear and a few minor dings on the back that I paid $1600 for, and the other is close to mint/collector condition...and I only paid $2000 for that one. So, even with an autograph, the price is pretty outrageous I'd say, even as rare as they are getting. That one seems to have more wear than my "player" BRMR...for $15000????? Maybe just putting it out there to attract some offers by someone not 100% set on selling?

#19 ·
Yeah so this means my theory that JEMs with dot inlays don't have scalloped fretboards is true. Other owners can chime in on this as I'm not 100 percent sure but since your BRMR and my 505WH don't have scallops it makes sense.

The prices you paid for yours make much more sense too and you should be able to get more than he would just based on condition. Attracting attention with that high price just to get offers then not actually make a sale in the end? Sounds absurd to me but hey, who knows lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.