The *NEW* JEM7VSBL - Continued from previous thread - Page 21 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #301 of 310 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 02:13 PM

Since you posted that last message in this topic, am I to assume that you actually saw a JEM 7VSBL in a WalMart somehow?

Mike 777 Haug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 310 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 04:40 AM

Nah... I just remember posting somewhere about guitars in walmart... and low and behold, there they are... but no, not the Jem.
: D
post #303 of 310 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 07:12 PM

I finally saw one today! I've been searching local music stores ever since it began shipping to retailers. Like everyone else has said, you have to see it in person before passing judgement. VERY nice finish. I already have the 7VWH so I don't have any interest in getting the VSBL. I didn't have much of an issue w/ the tuners & hardware not matching. Depending on the lighting, the finish can look much lighter or darker. The vine is quite subtle against the rosewood. This would be a great Jem for the person who likes the look & feel of the guitar but can do without the FLASH! factor. Tonewise, its very similar to the VWH. My ears percieved the differences to be very subtle. If it was more in the DBK price-range, I'd certainly consider adding one to the collection. Regardless, it's a nice color and a great addition to the Jem family IMHO.
post #304 of 310 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 03:59 AM

dammit i've been trawling guitar stores all around sydney and i cant find this axe anywhere!!! anybody know where i can find a store that has it is stock... i'm one of those 'try before you buy' freaks...
post #305 of 310 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 04:53 AM

Yeah. I wont buy anything without playing it first, thats just the way I em. Considering that its basically a vwh with a rosewood board though you may have to go on that
post #306 of 310 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 10:34 PM

If you feel like making a road trip to Canberra, I reckon Pro Audio would probably have one. Those guys rock. But call first in case they don't have it. Of course.
I'm in Melbourne and I haven't seen one anywhere yet. Believe it or not, a few years ago I saw a 90th Anniversary Jem in WODONGA! Of all places! My home town, teeny little city, about 26,000 people, and here's the guitar of my dreams in the little music store I used to work at. It was part of the World Of Music chain and I believe the guitar was doing the rounds of all the stores.
post #307 of 310 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 10:53 PM

Lucky bastard. Only thing JEM/UV related I've heard of in my area is a used FP that floated into a local guitar shop and was swiped up by an employee (tho he's a great guitarist, and overall great guy. Saw him New Years Eve, and he's definitely Vai influenced. )
post #308 of 310 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 08:20 AM

When my dad took me to pick out my "good guitar" (just before Christmas 93), there were three Ibanezes: one of those EX models *shudder*, my RG, and a used JEM7PBK for $1200 (That's about $750 US!). I bought my RG cos it was the closest guitar I'd played to a Jem without having to fork out a couple extra hundred. If only I could still find a Jem for $1200... *sigh*

I mean apart from a 555.
post #309 of 310 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 06:04 PM

i actually like the gold hardware on VWH's. i thik its one of the pluses. does anybody else like that? cuz ive heard more than one person voice their contempt for the gold hardware...
post #310 of 310 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 03:48 AM

do ya really think this thread needs to still be stickied here? I mean, the posts aren't that many, and it's not like it's new anymore, it's over a year old. Maybe time to prune these two?

Tags
abalone inlays , abalone vine , alder body , basswood body , bfp neck , black pickguard , bubinga neck , buzz feiten , cavity cover , chrome boy , chrome hardware , chrome jem , coil pickup , control knobs , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jem , custom shop , dave weiner , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio paf pros , dna swirl , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , equipped guitar , ernie ball , fender strat , fender strats , gauge strings , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar shop , guitar tech , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ikebe gakki , jason becker , jem dbk , jem neck , jem neck profile , led inlays , local guitar shop , local music store , locking nut , locking nuts , mahogany body , maple neck , mesa boogie , mike keneally , music store , neck bolts , neck inlay , neck shape , neck thru , paf pro , paf pros , paul gilbert , pearloid pickguard , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro edge , production model , retaining bar , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , rosewood neck , scalloped frets , scratch plate , signature guitar , standard jem , steve vai , strap button , strat body , string retaining bar , trem arm , triple rectifier , truss rod , truss rod cover , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode