The *NEW* JEM7VSBL - Continued from previous thread - Page 4 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 07:14 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

I don't think they will do a new universe. I spoke to a shredder and he told me that 7 strings are not the first choice this time. "IN" is: Take a PRS, tune it down a step or half a step and into a triple rectifier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 01:04 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Now what is a rectifier?
Single, dual, triple...

Korn tunes their 7 strings down to A. That's pretty much as low as anyone needs.

I don't even know why the new Jem was done. It's a 7V with a rosewood fretboard... and an ugly one at that.
post #48 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 02:43 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Quote:
YngVaiTriani on 4:04 pm on Dec. 11, 2001
Now what is a rectifier?
Single, dual, triple...
Rectifiers......single, dual, triple are amplifiers by Mesa Boogie
post #49 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 12:32 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Quote:
Jay Satriani on 3:37 pm on Dec. 10, 2001
I would say the full blown ultimate jem should have a more basic finish (at least not a swirl if that would increase the prize much) to keep the prize down, and make it a players guitar, not a collectors item... *Maybe two different super jems, one limited to 200, with a brutal swirl, and a prize around 4-5000$$$, and then a cheap(?!?!?!) players choice (for those who actually intend to play it)... *Maybe a new natural(rb style) jem with a cool (but cheap) random pattern...

That would certainly rule !!
Hey man i play the sh1t out of my DNA ask simon and Adrian and all the others at jemfest who had a go.

btw i agree with the rest you say. hell i've even looked at fernandez just to play the sustainers

:mc:
jerry
post #50 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 12:36 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Quote:
WMerkert on 2:14 am on Dec. 11, 2001
I don't think they will do a new universe. I spoke to a shredder and he told me that 7 strings are not the first choice this time. "IN" is: Take a PRS, tune it down a step or half a step and into a triple rectifier.
Not what i've heard, can' say right now though ehh simon
;-)

jerry
post #51 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 04:46 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Sorry to add this so late, I just found this thread, but why laminate basswood to alder? *What is the point of that? *Also, I don't understand why everyone has such a problem with this guitar. *Most of you think it would be cool with different color pups and guard. *Change them? *How many of you do that anyway, regardless of the model? *It seems like most of you. *I too would prefer a maple neck, but I still dig the guitar. *I also don't see it as a replacement for the Jem 555. *What is cheap on it? It has the same type of hardware as all of the other top Jems, the main difference is the color. *Get over it, there are so many flavors of jems, this is just another. *It reminds me of Vais old performance guitar. *It was a blue strat body with three white humbuckers, no pickguard and a maple neck.
post #52 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 05:04 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Quote:
DLHelfand on 4:46 pm on Dec. 12, 2001
Sorry to add this so late, I just found this thread, but why laminate basswood to alder? *What is the point of that?
same as the VWH. Click GUITARS in green menu, then JEM/UV Spec sheet for info... glen
post #53 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 06:04 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

I know they're amps by Mesa Boogie but how do single, dual and triple differ from eachother?
post #54 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 06:38 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Quote:
DLHelfand on 10:46 pm on Dec. 12, 2001
Get over it, there are so many flavors of jems, this is just another. *
I guess everybody is waiting for their favourite *.,..
post #55 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 07:16 PM
Banned

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

I think the New Blue Jem looks flawless, deep and moody, simple yet detailed, mild yet I bet plugged in, She will be Intence. some of us get them, some don't, im still trying to understand $5000 for a DNA, don't think I will ever get it,(Collectors get it) but I can say I sure can't stop thinking about a DNA swirl, ouch! They are so nice in a world of there own. After having a DNA even for a short time, no other Swirls do much for me now, im tweaked.

Im just greatful us simple players get a nice new sweet Jem in 2002 with Color and a Vine with VWH features, that is very cool.
post #56 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 07:24 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Quote:
YngVaiTriani on 6:04 pm on Dec. 12, 2001
I know they're amps by Mesa Boogie but how do single, dual and triple differ from eachother?
What does this have to do with the new JEM?

Is it really that hard to stay on topic? Take it to the gear section....shhheeeeeeesh...

J>:thumbsup:
post #57 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 09:18 PM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Hey guys what would you think of this:

Blue pickups over the white pickguard or
keep the white pickups and change to a clear pickguard or...
add black to the paint and swirl it. (my fave idea, blue and black swirl!) or...

make the vine all abalone...

dang man... i don't like it.
EVOs have been done in enough guitars. BSB (basswoo rosewood)
7V (alder ebony)
10th (basswood ebony)

They have quite a few changes right there.

Personally I'd like to see more Breeds. The DBK has it but it's basswood and some don't like the thinner neck or look. (the look's ok for me)

and the DNA also has breeds but how mny have the $ to pay for one if they're lucky enough to have 1 of the 300.

Yeah... Breeds and alder.
post #58 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 02:53 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

just to keep moondance drooling. lol

www.ibanezregister.com/testpage.htm

jerry
post #59 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 06:23 AM

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

IMHO, this new guitar is absolutely gorgeous !

Blue is my fave colour, and I think its beauty is in its simplicity - for me, the white scratchplate is just fine !

I've always wanted a simpler Jem - I have the shocking pink one that is not at all simple :-)

I also would like to see the bare wood Jem, as played by Mike Keneally with Vai and recently sold on EBay - I think that is pretty cool too !

Can't wait for this Jem to appear, just the way it is - I want one !!!

:-)

Andy

a.k.a. Fallingman
post #60 of 310 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 06:39 PM
Banned

The *NEW* JEM- Part Deux

Yep! Im drooling alright, I will get a DNA again one day! *

Nice DNA Jerry! * Yum.......lol

Tags
abalone inlays , abalone vine , alder body , basswood body , bfp neck , black pickguard , bubinga neck , buzz feiten , cavity cover , chrome boy , chrome hardware , chrome jem , coil pickup , control knobs , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jem , custom shop , dave weiner , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio paf pros , dna swirl , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , equipped guitar , ernie ball , fender strat , fender strats , gauge strings , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar shop , guitar tech , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ikebe gakki , jason becker , jem dbk , jem neck , jem neck profile , led inlays , local guitar shop , local music store , locking nut , locking nuts , mahogany body , maple neck , mesa boogie , mike keneally , music store , neck bolts , neck inlay , neck shape , neck thru , paf pro , paf pros , paul gilbert , pearloid pickguard , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro edge , production model , retaining bar , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , rosewood neck , scalloped frets , scratch plate , signature guitar , standard jem , steve vai , strap button , strat body , string retaining bar , trem arm , triple rectifier , truss rod , truss rod cover , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode